Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #5,382
    I personally find all this animosity towards other clubs and their fans super boring. I guess many just need to see others as "villains" in order to feel better about the club/computer/car/phone or whatever the thing is they like.
    Oh come on! Hating Inda is one of the staples of Juventus fandom.

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
    You are kinda right , although I do prefer the competition to be won by a team that doesn't buy the champions league per se .
    I mean city invested in the pep era what 1.3 billion. I like them to keep doing that without the payoff.
    Why? Real bought how many players to get 3 CHL in a row? Ronaldo, Benzema, Ramos, Varane, Modric, Casemiro, Kross, Bale. Why can real do it and other teams cant? We do buy players too this season none of our starters was from academy, since we cant spend as much as City and PSG we shouldnt hate them.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Nah. Never hated my opponents when I still played sports myself. Why should I suddenly start hating something through a TV/computer screen?
    I find football a lot less fun to watch when I'm not emotionally invested i.e. when a team I love (Juve) or hate (not real hate, but schadenfreude) like inter or Man U isn't playing

Football fandom on the whole isn't rational, is it?

I know it's silly how much time and energy I invest into it, but life is nothing without passion

Jun 6, 2015
    I find football a lot less fun to watch when I'm not emotionally invested i.e. when a team I love (Juve) or hate (not real hate, but schadenfreude) like inter or Man U isn't playing

Football fandom on the whole isn't rational, is it?

I know it's silly how much time and energy I invest into it, but life is nothing without passion
    That's the thing I'm only emotionally invested when I watch Juve play. The emotions supporting this club has given me (good and bad) have very little to do with rationale that I agree on.

I just think many of these rivalries and hatreds between fans feel a bit artificial. People feel those feelings and talk shit about others because they think that's what they are supposed to feel and say.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    That's the thing I'm only emotionally invested when I watch Juve play. The emotions supporting this club has given me (good and bad) have very little to do with rationale that I agree on.

I just think many of these rivalries and hatreds between fans feel a bit artificial. People feel those feelings and talk shit about others because they think that's what they are supposed to feel and say.
    A lot of the times it is yeah, but I'm sure Elvin has his reasons. Maybe he got bullied by Milan fans when he was younger :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    I personally find all this animosity towards other clubs and their fans super boring. I guess many just need to see others as "villains" in order to feel better about the club/computer/car/phone or whatever the thing is they like.
    Tend to agree with this.

There’s only 2 clubs I truly despise in Italy, the rest are just meh.

The hate I have for a lot of English teams is because of the pig ignorance of a lot of their fans, but the players from those clubs for the most part I have nothing against at all.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Think of it this way: I love Juve, I want what's best for Juve, what's best for Juve is its rivals doing bad. Our historic rivals failing is obviously good for Juve. That's the whole motivation behind this so called hatred; it's not really hatred, it's continuation of love for your favorite team.

Jun 6, 2015
    Think of it this way: I love Juve, I want what's best for Juve, what's best for Juve is its rivals doing bad. Our historic rivals failing is obviously good for Juve. That's the whole motivation behind this so called hatred; it's not really hatred, it's continuation of love for your favorite team.
    That's the part that isn't quite obvious to me. Why should I care how Real or Bayern do in a competition where we're not competing against them and what good does it do to us if they fail?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Are people seriously wishing this thing wins the CL?
    He also played for Lazio against Inter and scored in 5th of May 2002.

Not that I like him or Atletico but them winning after failing in two finals this decade is motivation for Juve.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
    They are our international rivals.
    Gotta admit I got pissed when Liverpool won their 6th CL. We were equal with them, now they one more than us.

But at the same time it was fully deserved they won that CL. They just played a fantastic campaign, not like that 2005 which was more of a fluke and a Milan meltdown.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)