Champions League 2019/20 (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So the draw means we have to go through Lyon and then face one of Real/City only to then get banged by Bayern.
To make it even tougher we have to beat City/Real (considering we go through Lyon) in on off game - Like a final.. and we are experts in winning finals (or are we...).
Meanwhile PSG and Atletico Madrid decide which one is going to the final - The easy and safe way to the final...
Im confident about the actual final but I really dont think we have too much of a chance against this scary Bayern..

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

See y’all in 2021

Anyway Atalanta can make the final for sure. Good draw for them.
As much as I think Atalanta is overrated - The weird thing is they have way more of a chance to get there than us as they dont have Bayern in their way.. (nor any serious team that could easily take them out)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
So the draw means we have to go through Lyon and then face one of Real/City only to then get banged by Bayern.
To make it even tougher we have to beat City/Real (considering we go through Lyon) in on off game - Like a final.. and we are experts in winning finals (or are we...).
Meanwhile PSG and Atletico Madrid decide which one is going to the final - The easy and safe way to the final...
Im confident about the actual final but I really dont think we have too much of a chance against this scary Bayern..

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I think Atalanta is overrated - The weird thing is they have way more of a chance to get there than us as they dont have Bayern in their way.. (nor any serious team that could easily take them out)
We have to beat the big teams to win the champions League we can't have easy draws everytime

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So we have Real or City against us should we beat Lyon.
Just wondering considering we go through - Would you guys prefer Real or City?
And then goes the question of should we cheer for Barcelona so they`ll take on Bayern and try to beat them? (as Napoli has 0 chance against Bayern)

I believe we will go through against Lyon as I think our team is much better than it was in the first game.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
The other side of the draw is a joke.. At least one peasant club will reach the final.

Surely it cannot be a coincidence that all the teams that already qualified for the next round (played two games already in last 16), to be all put on the same side of the draw.

OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #4,638
    So we have Real or City against us should we beat Lyon.
    And then goes the question of should we cheer for Barcelona so they`ll take on Bayern and try to beat them? (as Napoli has 0 chance against Bayern)

I believe we will go through against Lyon as I think our team is much better than it was in the first game.
    Real. City will beat us with a higher margin than Ream

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible QF draw. We may not even get to QF though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I really don't know. This CL is impossible to predict. I don't think we ever witnessed one match knockouts in mid-August. The closest thing to this is the WC, but even those knockouts are happening in late June/early July, with teams already having played 3 group matches. This time everything feels unreal. One can't predict how will the French teams play after 5 months without football; how will the Germans play after a month and a half without football; Will the Italians be tired after just having finished the season?; Will City perform after playing their last meaningful game back when they faced Madrid in CL? Real, Barca and Atletico will also finish their season in Spain almost a month before the CL knockouts. Will the 2nd leg of the 1/8 finals be an advantage or will those teams be more tired for the quarters?

Will there be extra time in these knockouts or they go directly to penalties, like in Coppa Italia?

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    I really don't know. This CL is impossible to predict. I don't think we ever witnessed one match knockouts in mid-August. The closest thing to this is the WC, but even those knockouts are happening in late June/early July, with teams already having played 3 group matches. This time everything feels unreal. One can't predict how will the French teams play after 5 months without football; how will the Germans play after a month and a half without football; Will the Italians be tired after just having finished the season?; Will City perform after playing their last meaningful game back when they faced Madrid in CL? Real and Atletico will also finish their season in Spain almost a month before the CL knockouts. Will the 2nd leg of the 1/8 finals be an advantage or will those teams be more tired for the quarters?
    Honestly this probably helps us the most. It's incredibly hard to predict.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)