Champions League 2019/20 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Roma? So let’s use the same argument as back then: it just shows how bad the PL is compared to other leagues.
Well Roma were away from home, so I'd rank this worse. But that was a QF IIRC so it's probably the same.

I seemed to remember that United squad being really good but there was some mediocrity in it back then as well.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Anyone here still thinks Poch>Sarri?
People look at hype more than the actual picture..
Facts are (if you take the whole picture and not a single game):
* Tottenham could be better but they seem to have a big problem within them - Maybe its about Eriksen leaving..
* Bayern played very well and Gnabry who I followed since he joined Bayern has really improved and became a really great player but 1 game doesnt mean Bayern are now the team to beat...
* We beat Leverkusen 3-0 yet Leverkusen arent that great and winning 3-0 doesnt mean we are amazing or Sarri>Allegri or some shit.. (We are improving game by game which is what I want to see but we are still not the final version..
We need to take into our considerations we have players who could even force a first 11 spot and we become even better.
Rabiot if he plays more like pre season and less like actual season
Ramsey - I think this guy is key to success as he really understands the game and the team seem to create spaces and provide killer passes better when he is around
Dybala - Well.. Dybala can be our surprise of the season if he continues like that. He is playing very well even if he could score more

Right now if you look at the whole picture (full seasons and not just one game or two) you get this:
Sarri - Got the maximum he could in Italy and then he got the maximum he could with Chelsea (despite not entirely convince in EPL)
Poch - Always overachieved with Tottenham as Tottenham was never 2nd best in EPL and to reach a CL final with Tottenham is a real achievement as there are many teams who are much better!

Anyway even if some like Poch more than Sarri - Right now Sarri is more what we need in terms of playing the ball. This is also why I picked Pep over Klopp when there was a poll of which one you want (I rate Klopp more and I like his style more).

Anyway right now there are some teams who can win the CL:
1. Liverpool - They can definitely retain it and until I see more I consider them the team to beat.
2. Juventus - We are better than Liverpool in terms of players but we still need to keep improving and it might happen
3. Barcelona - Right now they are not exactly CL winner material but you can expect Barcelona to wake up in the future and unless they meet a balanced side with good counters like Juve or Liverpool I can definitely see them going forward.
4. Bayern - Well I must admit I didnt watch much of them this season but a good friend told me they are playing very well and I value his opinion.
5. Real - Right now they are in trouble but I will only strike out Real when Real are actually out - Just look at the trophy cabinet and all these trophies that seemed like not going their way yet they managed to bounce back in time + I expect Zidane to be fired soon so who knows what the next coach will bring..
6. City - I think they are overrated because many appreciate their "Tiki-Taka" more than they should, yet they are definitely a force and they can do it even if I personally not placing my bet on them
7. PSG - The team where everything seem right yet they manage to fail everytime when its crucial. Neymar Mbappe Cavani should be back sometime and now they have Icardi as backup as well..
8. Inter - Nope.. Just joking, I expect them to either qualify as second or crash out and go to the EL (and maybe win there)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)