Champions League 2019/20 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
But they didn't, because Atletico have a phenomenal goalkeeper and one of the best defenses in the business, which was not a secret.
Liverpool also have a phenomenal goalkeeper. He was just injured for this game while Atlético had a fully fit squad. Unlucky.

And yet Klopp didn't invent anything for this game but a lot of running, crosses and quick passing, all of which relied mostly on his players' physical conditions and parameters.
Thats just how Liverpool play. Fast, physical football. Their tactics are fairly simple, yet they dominated.

So, yes, Klopp lost this game. His players left on the pitch everything they had tonight.
Apart from finishing chances, that’s the one thing they didn’t do. Firmino in particular should have scored at least twice before he eventually did.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Klopp is also a Champions League winner. I would love to have him here. He’s a beast of a coach.

I fail to see how anyone could blame today’s result on Klopp. Liverpool dominated from start to finish and should have won about 3-0 in normal time. Then Adrian gifts Atlético a goal when they looked down and out.

That’s down to the players, not the manager.
shouldve won by 3 and instead they conceded 3. at home. funny how that works.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
shouldve won by 3 and instead they conceded 3. at home. funny how that works.
There are some games you lose that are the managers fault and some games that are not.

I didn’t blame Allegri when we got knocked out by Real Madrid at the Bernabeu after a last minute penalty.
I did blame Allegri when Ajax gave us a football lesson.

It really isn’t that hard to comprehend, but I understand why some posters act deliberately dense.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Liverpool also have a phenomenal goalkeeper. He was just injured for this game while Atlético had a fully fit squad. Unlucky.

Thats just how Liverpool play. Fast, physical football. Their tactics are fairly simple, yet they dominated.
That's true, I wrote about it before - the absence of Alisson was the main reason why Liverpool lost this game. But he wasn't injured during the game, thus Klopp had time to adjust his tactics accordingly, knowing that his goalkeeper in this game won't be as reliable as his regular tactics requires. Maybe, if he changed his tactics to something less simple and straightforward, he could've won this game comfortably. But he preferred to stick to his regular approach. Could it bring him success? Sure. But it didn't, and for reasons different than pure lack of luck.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
There are some games you lose that are the managers fault and some games that are not.

I didn’t blame Allegri when we got knocked out by Real Madrid at the Bernabeu after a last minute penalty.

It really isn’t that hard to comprehend, but I understand why some posters act deliberately dense.
Sure and when you play all out attack, 120 mph football, against a side like Atletico who play barca and real on a regular basis and are completely comfortable letting someone else dominate the game then concede three at home because of shoddy defending one has to wonder why the manager isn't capable of a more practical approach that doesnt suit exactly how Atletico want to play. The very same Allegri taught the very same Simeone a football lesson just last season.

I don't watch EPL but i really haven't been impressed with Pool in the CL. They rode their luck hard against Barca.

Not sure where you get off calling me dense. You've been shilling Sarri hard since last season and pretty much all season the team has looked significantly worse (both in terms of results and less tangibles) in spite of having added Rabiot and Ramsey.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Klopp is also a Champions League winner. I would love to have him here. He’s a beast of a coach.

I fail to see how anyone could blame today’s result on Klopp. Liverpool dominated from start to finish and should have won about 3-0 in normal time. Then Adrian gifts Atlético a goal when they looked down and out.

That’s down to the players, not the manager.
But you guys blamed Max for losing to Ajax, when we conceded due to Cancelo fuckup and then in return leg MDS forgets van de beek. Was that down to players and not manager?

- - - Updated - - -

And we were without Chiellini and DC

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Calling others out for acting deliberately dense when you behaved like one of the biggest retards on the forum for almost the entire Allegri era. :baus:

Oh and your classic Sarri 1 European trophy > Allegri 0 European trophies. Talk about dumb as fuck. :lol2:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
But you guys blamed Max for losing to Ajax, when we conceded due to Cancelo fuckup and then in return leg MDS forgets van de beek. Was that down to players and not manager?

- - - Updated - - -

And we were without Chiellini and DC
Thats down to manager, we didnt show up for neither of the games. Just like Lyon-Juve is on Sarri if we dont go through. Or the corona at this point :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If the Faggy French Frogs refuse to play after we quarantine our team for 2-3 weeks, they should be eliminated. The virus has spread throughout Europe, so it's not just an Italian problem anymore.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any football, whether domestic, European or International for the next 2-3 months, possibly more.

Only shitbag countries like India, Egypt, and Bolivia might allow their teams to continue playing.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thats down to manager, we didnt show up for neither of the games. Just like Lyon-Juve is on Sarri if we dont go through. Or the corona at this point :D
We showed up both games, until the de Ligt goal. After that we fell apart. We were forced to chase the result, and we didnt have the personel on the pitch for it, with DC and Cuads out. If Pool had Alisson, they probably progress (or if Adrian doesent fuck up). If we had the full team, no player fuckups and no ref errors, none of our last 5 CL exits happen.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We showed up both games, until the de Ligt goal. After that we fell apart. We were forced to chase the result, and we didnt have the personel on the pitch for it, with DC and Cuads out. If Pool had Alisson, they probably progress (or if Adrian doesent fuck up). If we had the full team, no player fuckups and no ref errors, none of our last 5 CL exits happen.
Do you believe in parallel universes? Sounds like you do. :D Anyways, I disagree that we showed up for Ajax games, we didnt play near to our potential there.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Many things were wrong about the Ajax games. Yes, our players were weak in both legs and I understand Allegri couldn't make the attacking changes due to injury but Ajax ran right through our midfield and looked like scoring every time in Turin. After the Atletico performance I was expecting much more of a fight.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm sorry, but I don't remember us really showing up. We were quite fragmented and disjointed. We collapsed after conceding in Holland, and collapsed again after conceding in Italy. We played well for a grand total of 60 minutes over 2 legs, nowhere near good enough to get the job done.

- - - Updated - - -

Making excuses for losing to Ajax kids. Allegri fanboys dragging this club to new lows :ziz:
What do you and the Sarri Trolls have to say about our shitty performances under your Messiah Mr. Chain Smoking Cancerous Clown? :boh:

Apr 29, 2006
Klopp and co. can take the loss better than British pundits even though they admitted being sore losers.

We came from 2-0 down and turned the tie around, Liverpool couldn't overturn 1 goal deficit. Such a great team they are. The best ever!!! I love it - now the best league will be again the butt of all jokes. Also the only team they have a chance to stay in CL would be banned for a few seasons and should be stripped of EPL points or titles(maybe even demoted if rules >money for the EPL-tards).

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It was like that for the entire game, they slowed down a little only in the extra time.
It was an amazing game; the kind you only get in a playoff format. I kinda realize why people are against the Super League.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine pl get canceled and pool doesn't win it :lol:
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, lol @ Virgil trying to bully his way into qualification; trying to be all Ramos-y and shit.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Problem with Klopp is he doesn’t have much of a plan B if plan A doesn’t work.

And they met a team that match them physically, seems they also had a hard time to deal with that.

Atletico were also very lucky at the right time, but you got to have luck in the CL. Liverpool themselves had a big amount of it in the last 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)