Champions League 2019/20 (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2013
Agreed, in the group stages we met similar level teams, we didnt run them over a truck, infact i cant think of we've capitulated that badly, we've done the job and i expect us to do the same again tothe very least. Onwards and Upwards!

- - - Updated - - -

Will Marcelo be around?
I don't know. It's been a year that there have been tensions with him because of his disastrous level. The club would like to get rid of him, he would like to leave, but he love money too much so he's staying right now.

What style of football do Lyon play, including formation?
At the start of the season, Silvinho arrived with an ultra-defensive philosophy that does not go with the players we have, so he was fired after the worst start in the club history, and replaced by Garcia. But nothing has changed, the style is still zero, it's really very ugly to watch, we have the impression that the players have known each other since yesterday, most of the victories are due to individual exploits of Memphis, Aouar our goalkeeper Lopes more than the team, .
In terms of formation, we alternate between 4-3-3 and 4-4-2. But now that Depay and Reine-Adelaide are seriously injured, we will focus on 4-3-3, we have no more choice.

What are their strengths?
Our goalkeeper who is very under rated and I would tell you the attack, moussa dembele made an excellent start he scored 10 goals in 12 games but his level dropped since one month, and Depay and aouar who are our most technical players.
What are their weakness?
Defense and that for years is horrible.
These players do not know how to defend as a team. Our wingers who are generally Depay and traore are fucking lazy who do not help defensively, when they do not have the ball they just walk. As for the defenders, as I said Lopes is an excellent goalkeeper, Denayer is correct, Andersen I did not watch at Sampdoria but I expected much more from him but for the moment he is a flop, as for Marcelo I don't want to be unpleasant for him and his descendants.

Professionalism and rigour , this club can win against Man city or PSG and in the same week lose against 18th of championship at home, that's crazy. Maybe they will be incredible against Juve, who know.:klin:

Which players do you think we should look out for?
Aouar of course.

Whats going on between your ultras and team?
Qatar wins the championship every year ok, but we are the second budget of Ligue 1. It is not normal to be 15-20 points behind PSG every year, having to fight until the last day to qualify in CL in this weak champsionship. The supporters are fed up because for years we have been the biggest club in France, and now they see the objective of the club has changed, the financial aspect comes before the football aspect.

The second problem is Aulas himself: he's an incredible president who transformed OL: thanks to him that OL won, has a modern stadium , a high performance academy but he is omnipotent.
He wants to control everything and many criticize him for choosing coaches without personality who will not contradict him: The last OL coaches are , Perrin, Puel, Fournier, Garde, Genesio who are nobodies and all ended up in anonymity . Last year the crisis intensified because he wanted to extend Genesio, who has been in post for 3 years. This guy had players like Lacazette, Umtiti, Fekir, Tolisso, Depay, Ndombele, Mendy, Aouar, Dembele, Lopes, players of excellent level but nevertheless the players and the club have never progressed, have never been able to compete with the psg or win at least a national cup. (Thanks again to Bensebaini for eliminating us in the 1/2 final of the Coupe de France). Now he's training in China.

Who is expected to miss the tie and who is expected to deputise instead?
sorry i don't understand this ?

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I don't know. It's been a year that there have been tensions with him because of his disastrous level. The club would like to get rid of him, he would like to leave, but he love money too much so he's staying right now.

At the start of the season, Silvinho arrived with an ultra-defensive philosophy that does not go with the players we have, so he was fired after the worst start in the club history, and replaced by Garcia. But nothing has changed, the style is still zero, it's really very ugly to watch, we have the impression that the players have known each other since yesterday, most of the victories are due to individual exploits of Memphis, Aouar our goalkeeper Lopes more than the team, .
In terms of formation, we alternate between 4-3-3 and 4-4-2. But now that Depay and Reine-Adelaide are seriously injured, we will focus on 4-3-3, we have no more choice.

Our goalkeeper who is very under rated and I would tell you the attack, moussa dembele made an excellent start he scored 10 goals in 12 games but his level dropped since one month, and Depay and aouar who are our most technical players.
These players do not know how to defend as a team. Our wingers who are generally Depay and traore are fucking lazy who do not help defensively, when they do not have the ball they just walk. As for the defenders, as I said Lopes is an excellent goalkeeper, Denayer is correct, Andersen I did not watch at Sampdoria but I expected much more from him but for the moment he is a flop, as for Marcelo I don't want to be unpleasant for him and his descendants.

Professionalism and rigour , this club can win against Man city or PSG and in the same week lose against 18th of championship at home, that's crazy. Maybe they will be incredible against Juve, who know.:klin:

Aouar of course.

Qatar wins the championship every year ok, but we are the second budget of Ligue 1. It is not normal to be 15-20 points behind PSG every year, having to fight until the last day to qualify in CL in this weak champsionship. The supporters are fed up because for years we have been the biggest club in France, and now they see the objective of the club has changed, the financial aspect comes before the football aspect.

The second problem is Aulas himself: he was an incredible president who transformed OL: thanks to him that OL won, has a modern stadium , a high performance academy but he is omnipotent.
He wants to control everything and many criticize him for choosing weak coaches who will not contradict him: The last OL coaches are , Perrin, Puel, Fournier, Garde, Genesio who are nobodies and all ended up in anonymity . Last year the crisis intensified because he wanted to extend Genesio, who has been in post for 3 years. This guy had players like Lacazette, Umtiti, Fekir, Tolisso, Depay, Ndombele, Mendy, Aouar, Dembele, Lopes, players of excellent level but nevertheless the players and the club have never progressed, have never been able to compete with the psg or win at least a national cup. (Thanks again to Bensebaini for eliminating us in the 1/2 final of the Coupe de France). Now he's training in China.

You should also write a page describing the strength and weakness of bernadeschi

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

Aouar of course.

The second problem is Aulas himself: he's an incredible president who transformed OL: thanks to him that OL won, has a modern stadium , a high performance academy but he is omnipotent.
He wants to control everything and many criticize him for choosing coaches without personality who will not contradict him: The last OL coaches are , Perrin, Puel, Fournier, Garde, Genesio who are nobodies and all ended up in anonymity . Last year the crisis intensified because he wanted to extend Genesio, who has been in post for 3 years. This guy had players like Lacazette, Umtiti, Fekir, Tolisso, Depay, Ndombele, Mendy, Aouar, Dembele, Lopes, players of excellent level but nevertheless the players and the club have never progressed, have never been able to compete with the psg or win at least a national cup. (Thanks again to Bensebaini for eliminating us in the 1/2 final of the Coupe de France). Now he's training in China.

Thank you, very insightful. I suspect with no Depay you may have a winger/wingback who is now willing to defend. With your stand out goalkeeper, i guess we just need to keep shooting at him till it goes in. By the sound of things Garcia wont stay long either and while things look bleak it may be a blessing that you sack him. Ultras in general no matter where you go dont have a brain, they have passion but have an IQ of 10 so while they are right to vent frustation, i think they are simply tearing your club even more. Maybe they will back down now that you have injuries and is and can be a valid enough excuse for a team with your roster.

My final question was really around what would your starting line look like, especially now that you will be playing 4-3-3.

Aug 26, 2014
number of group winners advancing over 2nd placed teams:
- 2012-13: 6/8
- 2013-14: 8/8
- 2014-15: 6/8
- 2015-16: 6/8
- 2016-17: 6/8
- 2017-18: 4/8
- 2018-19: 4/8

tottenham, atalanta, obviously real and atleti aren't complete underdogs this season. when they reached the knockout stage, atletico always eliminated every single team with simeone, save for real madrid and juventus. they might have a shot against liverpool too.
Well this is obvious as they changed who goes into pot 1, 2, 3 and 4 so more elite clubs can end up in the same group, so naturally there are more 2nd placed teams that advance further in the knockout stages. That is all.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Really happy with the draw. Lyon is probably the weakest team remaining in the competition.

Also, on a side note, i hope Napoli crush Barcelona Roma style. As disgusting as Napoli may be, there is nothing more sickening in the game than Barcelona’s modern day sense of entitlement and cultural superiority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Really happy with the draw. Lyon is probably the weakest team remaining in the competition.

Also, on a side note, i hope Napoli crush Barcelona Roma style. As disgusting as Napoli may be, there is nothing more sickening in the game than Barcelona’s modern day sense of entitlement and cultural superiority.

Current Napoli don't really stand a chance against Barcelona

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
number of group winners advancing over 2nd placed teams:
- 2012-13: 6/8
- 2013-14: 8/8
- 2014-15: 6/8
- 2015-16: 6/8
- 2016-17: 6/8
- 2017-18: 4/8
- 2018-19: 4/8

tottenham, atalanta, obviously real and atleti aren't complete underdogs this season. when they reached the knockout stage, atletico always eliminated every single team with simeone, save for real madrid and juventus. they might have a shot against liverpool too.
Did you actually look each season up individually, look at all the results, and count and tally and spend all that time for a pretty much pointless post or did some other autist on Twitter?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe ADL should've waited till today to replace Ancelotti with Gatusso

OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #2,772
    Did you actually look each season up individually, look at all the results, and count and tally and spend all that time for a pretty much pointless post or did some other autist on Twitter?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe ADL should've waited till today to replace Ancelotti with Gatusso
    :sergio:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    They're 8th in ligue 1 though
    Yeah, the players have to give 100% and not be complacent, but surely the fans can be happy with the draw.
    Lyon this year is nothing like last year's Ajax.
    Ajax had a great team with some really good players: De Ligt, De Jong, Van De Beek, Tadic, Ziyech etc and had decimated Real Madrid in the previous round.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't force his way out of Juve though, or say that he moved to have a better chance of winning the CL.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    I was shocked when I woke up and saw that we didn't get Madrid. We have perhaps the best chance to go though, which is perfect because it seems like things are getting going now. Atalanta have a great chance to go through as well. Napoli...probably not.

Next round, clubs from the same country can be drawn together, right?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    I was shocked when I woke up and saw that we didn't get Madrid. We have perhaps the best chance to go though, which is perfect because it seems like things are getting going now. Atalanta have a great chance to go through as well. Napoli...probably not.

Scenes when Atalanta eliminate us in the quarter finals.

BlackVanilla

Mar 12, 2019

Screenshot_20191216-175657_Chrome.jpg

Source is UEFA website

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)