Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2009
I have a feeling Liverpool will crush Barca
Me too, Liverpool's 1st choice midfield trio of Hendo, Fabinho and Keita will overrun Barca's midlfield. Can't see anyone stopping Liverpool in this season's CL, especially over 2 legs. If Liverpool vs Barca was the final it would be harder to call, but over 2 legs in Europe Liverpool have never been eliminated under Klopp.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! in the last 10 years only 2 finals haven't involved Messi or Ronaldo
I vividly remember the 2010 final being one of those!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
People are ignoring that Barca lead la liga by a mile. They can rest key players. Liverpool are neck and neck with Man cit for epl title. They cant rest players. That could decide this tie. I think Pool will run out of steam over 2 legs.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
People are ignoring that Barca lead la liga by a mile. They can rest key players. Liverpool are neck and neck with Man cit for epl title. They cant rest players. That could decide this tie. I think Pool will run out of steam over 2 legs.
Their next 3 matches will be against bottom 6 teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 25, 2009
While that is a very valid point, Liverpool's games against Barcelona are sandwiched in between fixtures against Huddersfield, Newcastle & Wolves. I know there are no easy fixtures at this stage of the season, but that's not a very tough run of fixtures for Liverpool, they have beaten all 3 of those sides already in the league. Sometimes having to win all your games can make a team more focused, as opposed to coasting through games without much care.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
While that is a very valid point, Liverpool's games against Barcelona are sandwiched in between fixtures against Huddersfield, Newcastle & Wolves. I know there are no easy fixtures at this stage of the season, but that's not a very tough run of fixtures for Liverpool, they have beaten all 3 of those sides already in the league. Sometimes having to win all your games can make a team more focused, as opposed to coasting through games without much care.
Except there are. Huddersfield is already relegated, and there's a good chance Newcastle have secured safety by then anyway.

May 25, 2009
Except there are. Huddersfield is already relegated, and there's a good chance Newcastle have secured safety by then anyway.
It was more a cautionary statement, rather than a belief. I fully expect Liverpool to win those games, I think Liverpool will win all their remaining games this season, might be enough to win the EPL might not. Honestly I think Liverpool's toughest remaining game is the one against Cardiff, they are still fighting for survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)