Champions League 2017/2018 (71 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
You see these kind of situations in pretty much every game. People grabbing each other and falling to the ground. It's ridiculous how out of proportion this thing has gotten.

The only reasonable explanation is that people just love to hate Ramos. I do too as he is a spiteful character. That episode with Salah doesn't even make it to the top 100 dirty things Ramos has done on a football pitch.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I see a tussle between two players, but at the moment they're going down Salah lets go as to not injure anyone. Ramos instead decides to keep holding Salah thus making it potentially dangerous for Salah.
What? If anything, that videos shows two players fighting for the ball and nothing but bad luck (for Salah), when they go down.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
It was bad luck that Ramos kept Salah's arms locked in his and allowed all his weight to fall onto the latter's arm? :lol:
In principle; yes. Salah getting injured is not what the ref should base his decision on. It’s the tackle and intention. This situation was clearly not endangering or reckless.

Where do you even see Ramos keeping his arm locked? People make out to be a wrestling tackle.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
In principle; yes. Salah getting injured is not what the ref should base his decision on. It’s the tackle and intention. This situation was clearly not endangering or reckless.

Where do you even see Ramos keeping his arm locked? People make out to be a wrestling tackle.
How is it not reckless if it ended with a dislocated shoulder?

How could you not know that falling on someone's arm like that could fuck up their arm or shoulder?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It is. Just watched another video. Ramos actually looks like keeping his arm in lock. I still won’t say it’s a definitely red. I just can’t see how it’s a reckless challenge.
Whether it's a red or not is a different story, it might have been hard for the ref to decide intent. But to me it was definitely intentional. Maybe not to dislocate his shoulder, but to do some damage

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Whether it's a red or not is a different story, it might have been hard for the ref to decide intent. But to me it was definitely intentional. Maybe not to dislocate his shoulder, but to do some damage
:tup: Ramos was probably trying to intimidate Salah and hurt him a bit, doubt he's so fucked up that he actually wanted to injure the guy and make him miss the rest of the final and WC. still it's more red than yellow to me, but, of course, given that it's a start of CL final, I'm not sure many refs would give that in the heat of the moment even if they had VAR. probably I myself wouldn't if I was refereeing that game

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It is. Just watched another video. Ramos actually looks like keeping his arm in lock. I still won’t say it’s a definitely red. I just can’t see how it’s a reckless challenge.
I've seen it from several angles and I think Ramos knows what he's doing. It's also unnatural. Think about it, he's falling to the ground, so his natural response would be to protect himself and land on his hands. Instead he holds on to Salah. He's making sure Salah goes down with him.

Whether or not he had the intention to hurt Salah is something else. He probably only wanted to prevent him from escaping with the ball. But it is definitely intentional.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)