Champions League 2017/2018 (15 Viewers)

WiseOne

Dec 14, 2017
Sleeping giant? what, who and when? :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Sorry to say, with all due respect for the fact you a huge fan of your team and i find it normal that you choose to stand by your club up to a point that some may consider you delusional, is ok no worries about that but in all sincerity you simply a fanboy with zero knowledge of football outside that joke of a league of yours.

@ Ffs, we have all read enough asskissing of Kane and DelleAlli from @Fr3sh on this forum already,it was funny while it lasted but now for your own good just go back to minding your own business and stop trying to somehow convince us how Tottenham is a huge club and how Kane is up there with Messi only lol... we asking you nicely atm, just go back to where you came from and return on matchday in February if you want to talk to us about Spurs and UCL. ;)
Joke of a league? what does that make Serie A? LOL
Why are some of you so bitter towards the Prem? we haven't even been dominating europe these last few years that has been la liga. If you guys are going to be bitter, then be bitter towards the Spanish teams they've been embarrassing us all these last few years. Juve fans how can you hate our teams more than Barca and Madrid? we ain't the ones who have giving you spankings in finals lol

- - - Updated - - -

and what has that brought the club you support? you guys still didnt win the league, got kicked out of CL and then the EL to a belgian side, out of both cups vs Arsenal and Chelsea. this season youre 5th and out of the LC already, probably wont win the FA Cup again. but you made it out of the group stages for a change, ill give you that. Higuain once broke the Serie A record for goals, but his team finished 2nd in the standings, got trashed in the EL and Coppa Italia, and went out in CL qialifiers. Kane scores for fun (hattricks and braces vs mediocre competition mostly), but did it help you guys much? would you say you wouldnt win majority of those games without him scoring even when the game was decided? personally, id still rather have Morata than both these guys (Higuain or Kane), youll never see him break records or score hatricks vs the Southamptons of the world, but he will come up big in your deciding games of the season, and deliver trophies. cuz thats what all is about in the end

Its a team game my guy, hes just celebrating a great player nothing more. what does team achievements have to do with this record? we talking about Kanes goal scoring only not Spurs

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Why are some of you so bitter towards the Prem? we haven't even been dominating europe these last few years that has been la liga. If you guys are going to be bitter, then be bitter towards the Spanish teams they've been embarrassing us all these last few years. Juve fans how can you hate our teams more than Barca and Madrid? we ain't the ones who have giving you spankings in finals lol
last few years? it's closer to a decade yet you all still act as if the EPL is the best league in Europe and the players playing there are on a different level to everyone else bar few chosen ones EPL fans choose to recognize. I don't think Italian, Spanish or German team fans are bitter towards Prem, most just consider the noise coming from EPL pundits and fans to be slightly idiotic

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

Its a team game my guy, hes just celebrating a great player nothing more. what does team achievements have to do with this record? we talking about Kanes goal scoring only not Spurs
Many fans from other clubs outside PL dislike it because of arrogance and how deluded they often are as well. They always shit talk other Leagues and its tiresome

- - - Updated - - -

why is that? you want us to go out only so you can end up getting spanked by the spanish duo again
And why are you even on this side if you just want to troll?

WiseOne

Dec 14, 2017
last few years? it's closer to a decade yet you all still act as if the EPL is the best league in Europe and the players playing there are on a different level to everyone else bar few chosen ones EPL fans choose to recognize. I don't think Italian, Spanish or German team fans are bitter towards Prem, most just consider the noise coming from EPL pundits and fans to be slightly idiotic
I am not one of them. I agree that our pundits can be idiotic,I still remember Alan Hansen calling the German team in 2010 average before the game :sergio:. I do believe that most of the elite players belong to Madrid,Barca, PSG,Bayern and Juve are in the same category as our teams.

I also believe that our top 6 has the best overall individuals compared to any other league. We players like Hazard,Kante ,Coutinho,Salah,Mane,Pogba,De Gea,Sanches,Ozil, Kane all spread across our top teams(without man city). It doesn't necessarily mean our teams are the best.

I'd have to disagree and say a lot of people on here are bitter, probably has to do with the money. Its not our fault Serie A was once money land but stayed still whilst the prem moved forward. I mean only recently are teams beginning to create modern stadiums, you guys should have done that a long time ago

- - - Updated - - -

Many fans from other clubs outside PL dislike it because of arrogance and how deluded they often are as well. They always $#@! talk other Leagues and its tiresome

I agree English pundits and fans who feed into the SKY nonsense are very ignorant to football outside the prem.

- - - Updated - - -

And why are you even on this side if you just want to troll?
I'm not trolling I'm asking genuine questions

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I am not one of them. I agree that our pundits can be idiotic,I still remember Alan Hansen calling the German team in 2010 average before the game :sergio:. I do believe that most of the elite players belong to Madrid,Barca, PSG,Bayern and Juve are in the same category as our teams.

1. I also believe that our top 6 has the best overall individuals compared to any other league. We players like Hazard,Kante ,Coutinho,Salah,Mane,Pogba,De Gea,Sanches,Ozil, Kane all spread across our top teams(without man city). It doesn't necessarily mean our teams are the best.

2. I'd have to disagree and say a lot of people on here are bitter, probably has to do with the money. Its not our fault Serie A was once money land but stayed still whilst the prem moved forward. I mean only recently are teams beginning to create modern stadiums, you guys should have done that a long time ago
1. why do you think your individual players are the best if your teams are not the best? especially considering none of those guys is setting the world on fire internationally. look at last Euro, Ozil scored 1 goal and provided 1 assist in 6 games, Kane didn't score anything and embarrassed himself quite a bit, Hazard played a good tournament, but disappeared in the knockouts against friggin Wales, neither Kante or Pogba were leaders for France and de Gea.. well he neither saved Spain nor let them down. does this scream "the best players in the world to you"? not to me, those are the players you just happen to know best, you probably didn't rate Salah until this season.

2. I love how you're assuming shit considering you've been in this forum for 1 whole month and made 9 posts, you must know everyone and their inner thoughts so well.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i wouldnt come to the forum of one of the most successful clubs in the last 6 years to gloat about a single players achievements, while my team has been underwhelming for years, but thats just me

- - - Updated - - -

I also believe that our top 6 has the best overall individuals compared to any other league. We players like Hazard,Kante ,Coutinho,Salah,Mane,Pogba,De Gea,Sanches,Ozil, Kane all spread across our top teams(without man city). It doesn't necessarily mean our teams are the best.

I'd have to disagree and say a lot of people on here are bitter, probably has to do with the money. Its not our fault Serie A was once money land but stayed still whilst the prem moved forward. I mean only recently are teams beginning to create modern stadiums, you guys should have done that a long time ago

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trolling I'm asking genuine questions
all the top 4-5 clubs in the top leagues have great players to show off. what matters is what these players provide on the pitch, and most of these guys you named didnt really bring success to their teams past couple of years.

Apr 29, 2006
But, but the PL has to be number one. It has the best players!!! :lol:

Look at the Ballon D'or: After George Best won it in 1968, which is like yesterday to most PL fans, it has been won by 2 other EPL stars - Owen and Cristiano Ronaldo. That's close to half a century for those EPL fans who did meth instead of math and it ain't over yet - an achievement matched only by elites such as Dynamo Kiev. Not to mention both those players couldn't wait to get their hands on the trophy, as international recognition allowed their swift departures from 'the best EPL'.

The names that stand out as great players in the different leagues will tell you all you need to know. Bonucci would have been touted on par with Nesta or Baresi, had he gone to Chelski or Man City. He will never be considered good enough to shine their shoes by most italian fans or unbiased experts.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I'd like to weigh in on this.

Most PL fans, at least those who live in England, do not necessarily follow the PL because it 'is the best'. We support a PL team because they are local. Within commuting distance. And we only have a passing interest in other leagues. Perhaps that seems like arrogance or an islander mentality, but if you have a great product on your own doorstep, why would you care too much about what's less accessible elsewhere?

However (perhaps more controversially) my honest opinion is that the PL, right now, IS the strongest league in the World. But I don't know that for certain. It's just an opinion. One based on possession of some, but not all, of the facts. And if England's sixth biggest team knocks Italy's best team out of the CL then maybe I'll be right, and especially so if one of the 5 English clubs goes on to win the thing. Then again, that may just as easily not happen and I'll be wrong. The point is that neither outcome is entirely unforseeable or unexpected.

I think if you're observing arrogance about PL it is not from those who are paying at the turnstiles every weekend. It's from those who have associated themselves with THE BRAND. People looking for reflected success. I'd imagine that if I lived in Malta, I might follow Valletta, for instance. But I certainly wouldn't be claiming some connection with Paris St Germain and then pissing on fans from Holland who support some Dutch team, "'cos Dutch League lol!" - as an analogy.

The genuine supporters here have a lot of respect for Juventus and what they've achieved over the years. We still think we can beat you, not because the PL is 'da best lol' but because we have a competitive team with several players that would be welcomed by many of the world's best clubs. I think it'll be a great match whoever wins.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'd like to weigh in on this.

Most PL fans, at least those who live in England, do not necessarily follow the PL because it 'is the best'. We support a PL team because they are local. Within commuting distance. And we only have a passing interest in other leagues. Perhaps that seems like arrogance or an islander mentality, but if you have a great product on your own doorstep, why would you care too much about what's less accessible elsewhere?

However (perhaps more controversially) my honest opinion is that the PL, right now, IS the strongest league in the World. But I don't know that for certain. It's just an opinion. One based on possession of some, but not all, of the facts. And if England's sixth biggest team knocks Italy's best team out of the CL then maybe I'll be right, and especially so if one of the 5 English clubs goes on to win the thing. Then again, that may just as easily not happen and I'll be wrong. The point is that neither outcome is entirely unforseeable or unexpected.

I think if you're observing arrogance about PL it is not from those who are paying at the turnstiles every weekend. It's from those who have associated themselves with THE BRAND. People looking for reflected success. I'd imagine that if I lived in Malta, I might follow Valletta, for instance. But I certainly wouldn't be claiming some connection with Paris St Germain and then pissing on fans from Holland who support some Dutch team, "'cos Dutch League lol!" - as an analogy.

The genuine supporters here have a lot of respect for Juventus and what they've achieved over the years. We still think we can beat you, not because the PL is 'da best lol' but because we have a competitive team with several players that would be welcomed by many of the world's best clubs. I think it'll be a great match whoever wins.
Most PL fans? The locals regularly going to the games are like 0.5% out of all EPL fans, if PL and Tottenham didn't have the fans looking for "reflected success", whatever that means, neither PL nor Tottenham would have any success, you'd be way below the level of Celtic.

Besides I don't understand what's wrong with following sports via TV, do you think it's impossible to be a true fan of NY Rangers and Glasgow Rangers at the same time?

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Besides I don't understand what's wrong with following sports via TV, do you think it's impossible to be a true fan of NY Rangers and Glasgow Rangers at the same time?
I see nothing wrong with that at all. Other than Glasgow Rangers being an unfortunate choice, though once you've picked your team, that's it for life! And I also get that Football is a global thing, and expensive to attend.

Thread be full of island monkeys if we end up losing this...
Not technically racist, but certainly xenophobic.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Getting sick of these condescending Tottenham fans who "come in peace" and "totally respect Juventus" claim they don't totally think they will outplay silly Ities Juventus but then one paragraph late admit they do think that because muh Harry Kane and Delle Alli tearing up best kick and run football league there is.

At least the inbred mongoloids that show up when we played Celtic, Citeh or any Greek or turkish team are entertaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)