Champions League 2017/2018 (8 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: It wouldn't have made a difference. However, we did perform better in 2015 than that disgraceful 2nd half performance a couple of months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I really can't see beyond Real Madrid this season. I think the PSG experiment is going to fail with spectacular consequences. Barcelona are shit in midfield and defense, and they've lost Neymar. ATM are banned from operating in the mercato and have thus failed to strengthen. Bayern are potentially Madrid's biggest obstacle/hurdle in their quest to retain their CL crown. I don't think any of the EPL teams are good enough; they all lack balance, and none will make it past the QFs, unless they get a lucky draw. As for us, our defense and midfield are weaker as things stand; we've added quality and depth to the attack but have compromised in other areas.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is Bayern still relevant? Glad to see them doing pretty much nothing now that we made bank by selling deadweight** to them :snoop:

:edit: **surplus to requirements

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Alexander-Arnold looks pretty good.
Yeah he really does.

Lallana and Coutinho really missed. No creativity in this midfield, 2 DMs and Wjnaldum, meh.

How long is Sturridge injured? I'm not sure this strikerless style fits every game.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yeah he really does.

Lallana and Coutinho really missed. No creativity in this midfield, 2 DMs and Wjnaldum, meh.

How long is Sturridge injured? I'm not sure this strikerless style fits every game.

Cant they buy a striker from the Coutinho money?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah he really does.

Yeah, we're really short of midfielders right now. All we have are Milner and Grujic. And Milner's better on the wings.

I think Sturridge should be back on the weekend. He's got a thigh niggle.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Klopp wants to. He prefers false 9 Firmino. But they need healthy rotation / backup.

We've got that Solanke kid and Ings as back up. Solanke looked pretty good in preseason.

- - - Updated - - -

TAA!!!! Superb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)