Champions League 2017/2018 (11 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Not sure what Spurs fans are looking for here. Either come and outright troll like Turks and Scotts or don't come at all.

Are they looking for us to concede the EPL is the holy grail? It's not. Managers walk into that league and win it on the trot their first time through (Ranieri, Conte). It can't be the best.

Any of Barca, Real, Atletico would win EPL year over year in the past 5 years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They do have probably a top 3 striker in the world in Harry Kane so there’s always a chance he can tear it up even if Juve outplays em.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not sure what Spurs fans are looking for here. Either come and outright troll like Turks and Scotts or don't come at all.

Are they looking for us to concede the EPL is the holy grail? It's not. Managers walk into that league and win it on the trot their first time through (Ranieri, Conte). It can't be the best.

Any of Barca, Real, Atletico would win EPL year over year in the past 5 years.
SMH no love for Juve either, Mike? I’m sure we would have won that league in a canter as well.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
SMH no love for Juve either, Mike? I’m sure we would have won that league in a canter as well.
Yes. But no other top 3 Italian team could have. Mayyyybee last year's Napoli.

But for sure Spanish giants would have murdered it. Clearly Spain is ahead of EPL. Now an EPL fan will say their 20th placed team is better than Spain's as if that matters or is even true to begin with.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Yes. But no other top 3 Italian team could have. Mayyyybee last year's Napoli.

But for sure Spanish giants would have murdered it. Clearly Spain is ahead of EPL. Now an EPL fan will say their 20th placed team is better than Spain's as if that matters or is even true to begin with.
That's what we used to say about Italian teams below top six :lol:
And when Serie A was about to surpass the PL, on the coefficient list, they said it was because English teams don't care about the EL:lol2:
Another old excuse from Serie A fans. But PL fans used to mock off those excuses, when Serie A fans used them.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'd like to weigh in on this.

Most PL fans, at least those who live in England, do not necessarily follow the PL because it 'is the best'. We support a PL team because they are local. Within commuting distance. And we only have a passing interest in other leagues. Perhaps that seems like arrogance or an islander mentality, but if you have a great product on your own doorstep, why would you care too much about what's less accessible elsewhere?

However (perhaps more controversially) my honest opinion is that the PL, right now, IS the strongest league in the World. But I don't know that for certain. It's just an opinion. One based on possession of some, but not all, of the facts. And if England's sixth biggest team knocks Italy's best team out of the CL then maybe I'll be right, and especially so if one of the 5 English clubs goes on to win the thing. Then again, that may just as easily not happen and I'll be wrong. The point is that neither outcome is entirely unforseeable or unexpected.

I think if you're observing arrogance about PL it is not from those who are paying at the turnstiles every weekend. It's from those who have associated themselves with THE BRAND. People looking for reflected success. I'd imagine that if I lived in Malta, I might follow Valletta, for instance. But I certainly wouldn't be claiming some connection with Paris St Germain and then pissing on fans from Holland who support some Dutch team, "'cos Dutch League lol!" - as an analogy.

The genuine supporters here have a lot of respect for Juventus and what they've achieved over the years. We still think we can beat you, not because the PL is 'da best lol' but because we have a competitive team with several players that would be welcomed by many of the world's best clubs. I think it'll be a great match whoever wins.
Good post, stick around :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I am not one of them. I agree that our pundits can be idiotic,I still remember Alan Hansen calling the German team in 2010 average before the game :sergio:. I do believe that most of the elite players belong to Madrid,Barca, PSG,Bayern and Juve are in the same category as our teams.

I also believe that our top 6 has the best overall individuals compared to any other league. We players like Hazard,Kante ,Coutinho,Salah,Mane,Pogba,De Gea,Sanches,Ozil, Kane all spread across our top teams(without man city). It doesn't necessarily mean our teams are the best.

I'd have to disagree and say a lot of people on here are bitter, probably has to do with the money. Its not our fault Serie A was once money land but stayed still whilst the prem moved forward. I mean only recently are teams beginning to create modern stadiums, you guys should have done that a long time ago

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trolling I'm asking genuine questions
We spanked Barca last year and Madrid 3 years ago. Also this is your final warning, be more respectful like your compatriot @Dantes or get permabanned

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I'd like to weigh in on this.

Most PL fans, at least those who live in England, do not necessarily follow the PL because it 'is the best'. We support a PL team because they are local. Within commuting distance. And we only have a passing interest in other leagues. Perhaps that seems like arrogance or an islander mentality, but if you have a great product on your own doorstep, why would you care too much about what's less accessible elsewhere?

However (perhaps more controversially) my honest opinion is that the PL, right now, IS the strongest league in the World. But I don't know that for certain. It's just an opinion. One based on possession of some, but not all, of the facts. And if England's sixth biggest team knocks Italy's best team out of the CL then maybe I'll be right, and especially so if one of the 5 English clubs goes on to win the thing. Then again, that may just as easily not happen and I'll be wrong. The point is that neither outcome is entirely unforseeable or unexpected.

I think if you're observing arrogance about PL it is not from those who are paying at the turnstiles every weekend. It's from those who have associated themselves with THE BRAND. People looking for reflected success. I'd imagine that if I lived in Malta, I might follow Valletta, for instance. But I certainly wouldn't be claiming some connection with Paris St Germain and then pissing on fans from Holland who support some Dutch team, "'cos Dutch League lol!" - as an analogy.

The genuine supporters here have a lot of respect for Juventus and what they've achieved over the years. We still think we can beat you, not because the PL is 'da best lol' but because we have a competitive team with several players that would be welcomed by many of the world's best clubs. I think it'll be a great match whoever wins.
But that goes for every country and the local fans, in countries with a top league, feel exactly the same about other leagues. Who are more arrogant is just random. I have never seen a national team (or player) be hyped as much as the English throughout the years. And that's English fans, experts and media.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
But that goes for every country and the local fans, in countries with a top league, feel exactly the same about other leagues. Who are more arrogant is just random. I have never seen a national team (or player) be hyped as much as the English throughout the years. And that's English fans, experts and media.
Is that something they do with every English national side? Olympic, cricket etc. or just their football team.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Is that something they do with every English national side? Olympic, cricket etc. or just their football team.
Don’t know, but I guess. Iget him. Every team gets annoying bandwagon fans, when they’re winning. It becomes obvious as soon as s national team starts winning. Many people here become die hard handball fans, when it seems like their’s a chance to win. Most og these fans never watch a handball game at club level.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The Bundesliga and German National team hype in Germany was at least as bad in the last years. @lgorTudor
Can't watch a football match involving a german team without pressing the mute button, that's how full of themselfs they still are.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Usually there is a team that looks unbeatable like last year Madrid, Heynckes' Bayern, MSN Barca. I don't see that team this year.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The Bundesliga and German National team hype in Germany was at least as bad in the last years. @lgorTudor
Can't watch a football match involving a german team without pressing the mute button, that's how full of themselfs they still are.
Different though as the German national side actually is probably the best in the world as opposed to England who, at best, draw an easy group and make the round of 16

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
But the German team is one of the best. I always used to think that German commentators were fairly nuanced, when commentating German sides vs foreign sides. Here, it has always been nauseating pro English and ridicolously anti Italian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)