Champions League 2017/2018 (7 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Agreed no other team are at the level of Barca. Most other top teams have important weaknesses.

PSG has enough offensive weapons to be a torn for any sides but mentally I see them fold either in the latter stages of the competition or against top teams due to inexperience. Same thing for City.

Real Madrid are not the same as the previous versions.

Bayern have got back on track with Jupp but still have weaknesses.

Buy on AliExpress.com

SpursBoy

Dec 12, 2017
Didn't look very downward yesterday and another hatrick from King Harry. He is now just one goal behind Messi this Calendar year

Messi 54 Goals from 64 Games
Kane 53 Goals from 49 Games

Messi has no more games this year, Harry has one .... watch this space

More of that downward slope :lol: with a 5-2 thrashing of Southampton and another Kane Hatrick to become Europe's Top Goal Scorer for 2017, more than Neymar, more than Messi, more than Ronaldo

By the time we come to play Juve we may be out of this downward slope and really turn it on :lol:

Again keep watching this space as some of our best players will be returning soon from long term injuries

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
More of that downward slope :lol: with a 5-2 thrashing of Southampton and another Kane Hatrick to become Europe's Top Goal Scorer for 2017, more than Neymar, more than Messi, more than Ronaldo

By the time we come to play Juve we may be out of this downward slope and really turn it on :lol:

Again keep watching this space as some of our best players will be returning soon from long term injuries
Where is Spurs in the league standings?

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011

Can't wait til we knock out u nobodies.

Seriously though, who the fuck is Tottenham?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Relax yourself kid, Spurs is good but there's levels to this shit, Juve isn't Southampton. We've muted one of Barca's greatest trio in Messi Suarez and Neymar, we'd have relatively little issues against you guys. Heck Napoli is more dangerous then you guys.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think Barca is the favourite. Just watching them under Valverde, it's a different team. They have a great defense and an attack led by Messi. The first thing I noticed, and even commented immediately, in our first match with them - there was absolutely no space for us between their lines.

Just a year prior, their organization was a joke to be honest. Miles between players. Wide open.

This year, completely different.
I noticed it as well but honestly our poor defense was able to give them more confidence going forward and less need to do something serious in defense...
Barca are way more organized than last year but they cant be favorites for me as their game plan is just to have too many passes and just run forward - a messy game plan
Look at Real vs Barca - 1st half Real controlled it but then they conceded and tried to get goals playing Barca`s game - It ended with Real conceding 2 more..
a team like Bayern who are tactically sound while being very strong should definitely be favorites for me in a Bayern vs Barca head to head
PSG are a mystery as in terms of quality they should be able to go past Barca but the question is what game plan they have against them as you cant play messy against Barca as its like being a first timer and play vs the champion

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

and what has that brought the club you support? you guys still didnt win the league, got kicked out of CL and then the EL to a belgian side, out of both cups vs Arsenal and Chelsea. this season youre 5th and out of the LC already, probably wont win the FA Cup again. but you made it out of the group stages for a change, ill give you that. Higuain once broke the Serie A record for goals, but his team finished 2nd in the standings, got trashed in the EL and Coppa Italia, and went out in CL qialifiers. Kane scores for fun (hattricks and braces vs mediocre competition mostly), but did it help you guys much? would you say you wouldnt win majority of those games without him scoring even when the game was decided? personally, id still rather have Morata than both these guys (Higuain or Kane), youll never see him break records or score hatricks vs the Southamptons of the world, but he will come up big in your deciding games of the season, and deliver trophies. cuz thats what all is about in the end

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I noticed it as well but honestly our poor defense was able to give them more confidence going forward and less need to do something serious in defense...
Barca are way more organized than last year but they cant be favorites for me as their game plan is just to have too many passes and just run forward - a messy game plan
Look at Real vs Barca - 1st half Real controlled it but then they conceded and tried to get goals playing Barca`s game - It ended with Real conceding 2 more..
a team like Bayern who are tactically sound while being very strong should definitely be favorites for me in a Bayern vs Barca head to head
PSG are a mystery as in terms of quality they should be able to go past Barca but the question is what game plan they have against them as you cant play messy against Barca as its like being a first timer and play vs the champion
This Barca doesn't do tiki taka, they're also good defensively. For the rest of your post all I see is assumptions based on nothing but your bias

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I think we have an outside chance to win it this year

We haven't excelled in any one area this season, maybe that might change since our season only begun and started one month ago in November though

Benoit

Dec 9, 2017
If winning culture will be the deciding factor, idk why you think Juve has a chance.
Most of juve team have been in CL finals won numerous domestic titles, apart from Barcelona and madrid not many other clubs can say the same. In fact most of the players from the EPL and psg sides have not even got to the latter stages of the tournement, and dont know knockout soccer.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we have an outside chance to win it this year

We haven't excelled in any one area this season, maybe that might change since our season only begun and started one month ago in November though
They reached two finals within 3 seasons, of course they've got a good chance sherlock.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Most of juve team have been in CL finals won numerous domestic titles, apart from Barcelona and madrid not many other clubs can say the same. In fact most of the players from the EPL and psg sides have not even got to the latter stages of the tournement, and dont know knockout soccer.

- - - Updated - - -

They reached two finals within 3 seasons, of course they've got a good chance sherlock.
Well a lot of Bayerns current players also been to finals, so dont know why you didnt mention Bayern :p The club knows how to win it

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

History counts for nothing

New season new players new opponents

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think Barca is the favourite. Just watching them under Valverde, it's a different team. They have a great defense and an attack led by Messi. The first thing I noticed, and even commented immediately, in our first match with them - there was absolutely no space for us between their lines.

Just a year prior, their organization was a joke to be honest. Miles between players. Wide open.

This year, completely different.
The only bad thing about Barca this season is that Messi is their entire attack, which can be stoppable, especially if you're up against Conte. If Suarez finds his mojo,they become a lot more dangerous. Before the draw I thought that Barca are favorites as well, now I'm not so sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)