Carlos Tevez (125 Viewers)

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #2,262
    I don't know if you're just talking about passing or overall, because I'm talking about passing.

'It might look as if David Silva has superior passing ' exactly means that Vucinic has better passing Silva.

'So I guess Vucinic can pass better than Iniesta too... '

just in case you misread or something

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    No, the word superior has a meaning to it, meaning far better. So the only possible way to interpret that sentence, and people who speak English as their maternal language should realy know, is: Silva's passing is not much better than Vucinic (on those days we're all talking about here).

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #2,266
    No, the word superior has a meaning to it, meaning far better. So the only possible way to interpret that sentence, and people who speak English as their maternal language should realy know, is: Silva's passing is not much better than Vucinic (on those days we're all talking about here).
    Superior can also just mean better. So no you can't tell me I am wrong on a subjective interpretation.

But even if you were just saying Silva's passing is not much better than Vucinic's then you are still very wrong. Silva is one of the top 5 if not higher passers in the world. Vucinic is probably not even in the top 30.

Dec 31, 2008
    “I get on well with Vucinic,” the capture from Manchester City told Tuttosport. “He is a player who makes the difference.
    “We only played for the second time together in Rome on Sunday and obviously we need to get to know each other better and refine our movements, but I’m already satisfied.”
    “It was an excellent start to the season,” added the Argentine who scored in the rout. “But we have to remain focused and prepare well for the start of the championship.
    “I feel in good shape even if I think that I will improve game after game.
    “Our first objective here is to win the Scudetto again so that we can enter the history books. Then we can think about something else.
    “The dream is to win the Champions League and we’ll look to do all that we can to make that happen.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)