Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (55 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Might be Juventus personified. not pretty, has two left feet, can't pass and breaks an opposing player's ankles when he needs to but oozes grinta from every hole on his body.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Still believe hes behind Nesta and Cannavaro, although he is fantastic.
I agree. Cannavaro in 2006 is the best ive ever seen.

Chiellini is up there though. Different kind of defender but just as effective while being more guns blazing and exciting to watch.

He is missing a CL or major International trophy but i think its an absolute disgrace how underrated both Chiellini and Barzagli are. Almost every year they be left out of fifa and uefas team of the year or tournament. You see polls and shit and some prem club or spanish clubs defenders are always ahead of them

Aug 1, 2003
Still believe hes behind Nesta and Cannavaro, although he is fantastic.
Rightfully. Nesta and Canna were something else in their prime. I really love Italian defenders it's a sad thing after Chiello and Barzagli I don't htink any of the current Italian CBs match up to the standards they were once at. But, the game is also changing.

God having Chiellini defend you must be a real nightmare for any striker

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
kek, he shat on spurs for their small history.

A bit rich coming from a player who's lost two CL and a Euro final, and whose national team isn't going to participate in the World Cup.
Bullshit.

He's talking about a very real, and obvious difference, and doing it in his 2nd language. He didn't shit on Spurs, he was complimentary of their team in the same fucking interview.

Not rich at all, coming from one of the finest central defenders of his generation, who has had a long & storied career with one of the biggest clubs in football history.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Btw, nobody ever talks about how far his passing and ball control have come from his early days
It's much improved, he has brilliant moments, but then still has those massive brainfarts when he gets over-ambitious thinking he can weight an inch perfect cross field pass.

I wonder sometimes if this is why it's harder to find playing time for Rugani beside Chiellini, as neither is particularly good on the ball, and as seen early this season when we conceded a lot with those two starting together, it makes for difficulties when teams press us at the back. Benatia, though he is not Bonucci, is very calm and smooth with the ball at his feet playing it out from the back. With Gigi in goal, Chiellini-Benatia and Rugani-Benatia are probably both better partnerships than Chiellini-Rugani because of that. With Szczesny in goal that changes a little because he's a fantastic ball-playing keeper.

Interested in Caldara because he seems to be decent with the ball at his feet too. Could make for a very good partnership in the future with him and Rugani, as Rugani is just so solid and superb defensively.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Chiellini's tottenham interview, is like the perfectly enthousiastic son in law introducing himself, and than proceed to fuck your daughter in the ass for an houre straight once you leave the house

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
kek, he shat on spurs for their small history.

A bit rich coming from a player who's lost two CL and a Euro final, and whose national team isn't going to participate in the World Cup.
To be honest he echooed my sentiments exactly. Even if we played horribly, it would somehow have been so strange to go out against Tottenham.

Tottenham are sort of like a poor man's Napoli with a better striker. You just know they're going to fuck up and not recover.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)