Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (69 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He's a baboon, but he's our baboon. If he's putting crunching tackles on opposition CF's and purely winning the ball back, he's as good as any CB out there. Just keep the ball away from his feet for extended periods of time. Remember those times in the past 2-3 seasons he was acting as our fucking playmaker in the final third :sergio:
There was a time someone was adding all the strikers to their signature that Chiellini has "owned". Ahhh how quickly the past is forgotten.

The guy, albeit clumsy, is still a great defender.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He's a baboon, but he's our baboon. If he's putting crunching tackles on opposition CF's and purely winning the ball back, he's as good as any CB out there. Just keep the ball away from his feet for extended periods of time. Remember those times in the past 2-3 seasons he was acting as our fucking playmaker in the final third :sergio:
I remember a time a few years ago when he was almost our leading scorer. :seven:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
:lol:

I miss seeing our mindfuck-5-2 system where we gave our players responsibilities that the next most attacking type of player should have.

I.E Bonucci becoming our Regista, Chiellini stepping up and playing like Xavi. Lichtsteiner playing as an out and out winger, our b2b mids playing like false 9s and our strikers standing 10 miles away from everybody else playing as opposition sweepers.

Brb we must field an extra CB, purely for that CB to be given midfield duties.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I miss seeing our mindfuck-5-2 system where we gave our players responsibilities that the next most attacking type of player should have.

I.E Bonucci becoming our Regista, Chiellini stepping up and playing like Xavi. Lichtsteiner playing as an out and out winger, our b2b mids playing like false 9s and our strikers standing 10 miles away from everybody else playing as opposition sweepers.

There where games where Chiellini and Caceres where parked outside opposition box trying to make decisive creative plays all game to super attackers Licht and Asamoah in the box, backed up by the esteemed quarterback Bonbon. It was hairpulling type of frustration, putting defensive players on tasks they were so insanely unsuitable for.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Chiellini the creative AM.

3-5-2 :touched:

Conte's version of the 3-5-2...what a time to be alive!
There where games where Chiellini and Caceres where parked outside opposition box trying to make decisive creative plays all game to super attackers Licht and Asamoah in the box, backed up by the esteemed quarterback Bonbon. It was hairpulling type of frustration, putting defensive players on tasks they were so insanely unsuitable for.

remember when zach was defending the formation saying how playing with 5 defenders was an attacking formation that was better at attack than playing with a back 4 and having an extra mid or striker?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it was maddening. he was saying that because bonucci was our extra playmaker that it was better for us at attacking than playing with an extra midfielder

of course that was in the past. zach is now beast mode

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Apart from that funny slip in the beginning of the game later on in the second half there was a situation where he was completely unaware of losing the ball, but continued marching forward. Defensively he's good, still valuable to this team, but his technique is and always was amateurish and makes me uncomfortable whenever he's in possession.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
why he slips too often? is this just bad balance or what?
Not so much balance, but he has to constantly adjust his feet because kicking a football comes about as naturally to him as flying does to myself.

When he gets in those personal duels like he did with Zaza he is great, just get him away from the ball when he is in this kind of form.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He just has bad coordination and no real ball skills. Lately, that's pretty much a requisite for every position and it's impossible to get away without having above average ball control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)