Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (74 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Giorgio Chiellini revealed there were no hard feelings after his tussle with Edinson Cavani. “We knock each other about, but at the final whistle it’s all over.”

The pair continually wrestled during the 1-1 draw at the San Paolo this evening and controversy surrounds an incident before half-time.

Chiellini was spotted pulling Cavani’s hair and the Uruguayan reacted by swinging an elbow into the side of his face, but the Napoli striker escaped with only a yellow card.

“What happened can be seen on the footage,” said the Juventus defender on Sky Sport Italia.

“We spoke afterwards and it’s only right that for 90 minutes we knock each other about, but at the final whistle it’s all over. It stays on the pitch and is a great challenge to be taking on champions.”

The pair proved it was all behind them by embracing and exchanging shirts after the match.

“It was an important game that wouldn’t decide anything, but we sent a signal we want to win the Scudetto again and deserve to be top of the table,” continued Chiellini.

“It was a decent performance and we hoped to win, but the draw is overall the right result.”

Chiellini was a major doubt to feature after suffering an ankle injury this week, but played 90 minutes and even scored a goal.

“The ankle still hurts a lot. I have to thank the medical staff, as we worked together all day and even at night at my home.

“I am glad that I was able to help the team, though I still need to improve my fitness levels and I can only do that by playing.”

-

Good Man

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Giorgio Chiellini revealed there were no hard feelings after his tussle with Edinson Cavani. “We knock each other about, but at the final whistle it’s all over.”

The pair continually wrestled during the 1-1 draw at the San Paolo this evening and controversy surrounds an incident before half-time.

Chiellini was spotted pulling Cavani’s hair and the Uruguayan reacted by swinging an elbow into the side of his face, but the Napoli striker escaped with only a yellow card.

“What happened can be seen on the footage,” said the Juventus defender on Sky Sport Italia.

“We spoke afterwards and it’s only right that for 90 minutes we knock each other about, but at the final whistle it’s all over. It stays on the pitch and is a great challenge to be taking on champions.”

The pair proved it was all behind them by embracing and exchanging shirts after the match.

“It was an important game that wouldn’t decide anything, but we sent a signal we want to win the Scudetto again and deserve to be top of the table,” continued Chiellini.

“It was a decent performance and we hoped to win, but the draw is overall the right result.”

Chiellini was a major doubt to feature after suffering an ankle injury this week, but played 90 minutes and even scored a goal.

“The ankle still hurts a lot. I have to thank the medical staff, as we worked together all day and even at night at my home.

“I am glad that I was able to help the team, though I still need to improve my fitness levels and I can only do that by playing.”

-

Good Man
CLASS

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
He is such a warrior, the chest pounding suits him.

Had he been in Apocalypto alongside Caceres and Estigarribia, I think more of the village would have survived that first attack in the movie.

:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)