Gianluigi Buffon (50 Viewers)

Oct 23, 2011
He was in the dressing room and he isn't the man to take digs at his former club so he probably knows something that we don't. Because, let's face it, without Ronaldo we wouldnt be the top favorite a lot of people claim us to be. Maybe not the arrival of Ronaldo but definitely competing as one of the top dogs in the CL (goes hand in hand really) changed some things. Winning prices is great, but probably a lot of our (international) stars want more than that.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He was in the dressing room and he isn't the man to take digs at his former club so he probably knows something that we don't. Because, let's face it, without Ronaldo we wouldnt be the top favorite a lot of people claim us to be. Maybe not the arrival of Ronaldo but definitely competing as one of the top dogs in the CL (goes hand in hand really) changed some things. Winning prices is great, but probably a lot of our (international) stars want more than that.
Winning all the time is horrible for motivation so at this point it's normal if it can bore some players. We've won 8 scudetti in a row, when you think about that, that's insane. Even more so when you factor in the 4 consecutive double.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad Ronaldo has been signed especially for that reason

Clubs need to inject some new blood once in a while to inspire and show ambition

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Winning all the time is horrible for motivation so at this point it's normal if it can bore some players. We've won 8 scudetti in a row, when you think about that, that's insane. Even more so when you factor in the 4 consecutive double.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad Ronaldo has been signed especially for that reason

Clubs need to inject some new blood once in a while to inspire and show ambition
It's so insane that you forgot it's actually 7 in a row :D
Can't blame you. We've been so dominant for so long that it's easy to forget for how long. The other day I couldn't remember how many coppa trophies we won recently.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Can't blame you. We've been so dominant for so long that it's easy to forget for how long. The other day I couldn't remember how many coppa trophies we won recently.
I dont even know how many titles we have in total? 36 or 37.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Buffon has been quite salty after he left in my opinion. Other than that, I am not sure I understand your post. If we didn't buy Ronaldo we would buy some other big player. Besides some idiots that read goal.com and rate all English teams that participate in this year's CL higher than us, we'd be still considered top 4 team in this edition. Did you mean the financial capabilities? With Ronaldo or not, we're in the top 5 spending and salary wise.

Oct 23, 2011
Buffon has been quite salty after he left in my opinion. Other than that, I am not sure I understand your post. If we didn't buy Ronaldo we would buy some other big player. Besides some idiots that read goal.com and rate all English teams that participate in this year's CL higher than us, we'd be still considered top 4 team in this edition. Did you mean the financial capabilities? With Ronaldo or not, we're in the top 5 spending and salary wise.
We would have bought some other big player, not Ronaldo. Ronaldo bumped us up at least 2/3 spots in that favorite for CL ranking, no other player would have had this impact. I am not sure where we would stand without Ronaldo because that's purely hypothetical. I always believed that this team was lacking that killer instinct and certainly Ronaldo's arrival changed a few things.

We would have been top 4, maybe 3, on a good day we would be able to win against anyone but also lose against anyone on a bad day. Please remember the struggles we had in both games against Barcelona and Tottenham last season, let alone the game against Real Madrid at home. Right now, there is no other team that is performing at out level and hopefully this stays this way until May.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We would have bought some other big player, not Ronaldo. Ronaldo bumped us up at least 2/3 spots in that favorite for CL ranking, no other player would have had this impact. I am not sure where we would stand without Ronaldo because that's purely hypothetical. I always believed that this team was lacking that killer instinct and certainly Ronaldo's arrival changed a few things.

We would have been top 4, maybe 3, on a good day we would be able to win against anyone but also lose against anyone on a bad day. Please remember the struggles we had in both games against Barcelona and Tottenham last season, let alone the game against Real Madrid at home. Right now, there is no other team that is performing at out level and hopefully this stays this way until May.
I agree, I thought you were echoing Buffon as firstly I understood that without CR7 transfer we would somehow collapse with "other players leaving". I'm totally with you in saying that without CR7 we wouldn't be where we are now.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Don't see what's wrong with what Gigi said.

Read 100x every season our players, coach and directors talking about motivation and keeping the team motivated after a series of titles. Hardly earth-shattering news or controversial that.

And we already knew Alex Sandro and Khedira wanted to leave. Rugani and Kean said they wanted to train with Ronaldo. That's obviously added motivation. Pjanic didn't say he's definitely staying when asked.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
That's easy. 0 under Conte cause he sucks at knockout tournaments + the number of seasons Allegri's been here (4).

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see what's wrong with what Gigi said.

Read 100x every season our players, coach and directors talking about motivation and keeping the team motivated after a series of titles. Hardly earth-shattering news or controversial that.

And we already knew Alex Sandro and Khedira wanted to leave. Rugani and Kean said they wanted to train with Ronaldo. That's obviously added motivation. Pjanic didn't say he's definitely staying when asked.
Also Bonucci would never have joined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)