Gianluigi Buffon (49 Viewers)

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    white_rabbit said:
    IMO we dont need him ... but he staying will give the team a moral boost

i think out of the "stars" DP, Nedved, and one of the defence ( thuram, Zambro , Canna ) should be enough to rebuild.

more than that can cause a financial crisis with the high players salaries

i dont know about you but i wont blame any player for leaving ( as long as he wont follow capello )
    what the hell, we payed 45 millions for him.. we need him not only from sportive point of view, but also from human as he is a great motivator for young players..

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    I will be delighted if Buffon would actually stay, but I think he's worth too much money. When we get back to Serie A he will be 30+, so from a business standpoint now is the best time to sell. It will be the end of an era though, Buffon is the best keeper I've ever seen.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
    I'm sure Zambrotta and Thuram and Buffon are all leaving (if appeal fails) . And I do blame them. A lot, especially this milan talk is ugly IMO. I think it's not nice at all ! :)

I hope Del Piero, Nedved and Cannavaro stay. The Cannavaro threat is only from Capello.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I hope he's not staying only because the transfer move did not work. Such things affect players performances.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    I can't be that happy with buffon staying from many points of view :
    - first, juventus is not his first choice becoz he said clearly he wants milan. Now, he's obliged to stay coz the tag price needed have not been fullfilled.
    - second, this is the best timing to sell him
    - third, as many fellows said here, he's not that important. we would be happy with abbiati.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    zizoufan said:
    - first, juventus is not his first choice becoz he said clearly he wants milan. Now, he's obliged to stay coz the tag price needed have not been fullfilled.
    - third, as many fellows said here, he's not that important. we would be happy with abbiati.
    Zizoufan, Milan already sold Abbiati to a Turin team that isn't Juventus :D that was what caused this deal not to go through at the momment.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    if he stays that would be very good for us. so maybe if canna and the others r leaving with a buffon as a goalkeeper we can get back in 1 year because he gave the young players a feeling of security .

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    - vOnAm - said:
    Zizoufan, Milan already sold Abbiati to a Turin team that isn't Juventus :D that was what caused this deal not to go through at the momment.
    Well, i knew that yesterday.

P.S : Don't forget also the tax system. Here in italy , they don't pay any taxes in the opposite, in spain and ... they do pay. this will not be easy for teams outside italy to pay high salary wages ! But still, i don't think it's not necessary to keep all those stars.

I would be very happy with three : canna , zambo and trezegol

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    if its confirmed then it would be great, i hope he is motivated to stay.Not only cuz he doesnt want to go outside of italy.

forzaa gigi.

OP
    Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    zizoufan said:
    blue: source, when and where did he say that "clearly"
    red: a goalkeeper can be the best until 40, he can play at top level for at least 10 years from now. actualy it will allways be a financial lose to sell buffon, because we paid parma so much for him..

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    Maresca said:
    blue: source, when and where did he say that "clearly"
    red: a goalkeeper can be the best until 40, he can play at top level for at least 10 years from now. actualy it will allways be a financial lose to sell buffon, because we paid parma so much for him..

Blue : On channel 4 , his agent said that he and his client are going to milan.
    Red : we're not supposed to rely on a 40 years goal keeper I'm sorry. We need to have another buffon in the 3 upcoming years

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    zizoufan said:
    Red : we're not supposed to rely on a 40 years goal keeper I'm sorry. We need to have another buffon in the 3 upcoming years
    i dont agree with u that we need another goalkeeper like buffon because buffon is 28 and his best years are yet to come and we need another defender like cannavaro becauSe hiS age iS 33 and dont know how long can he compete with henry and other strikerS

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    The news in the UK is that Buffon is willing to stay in Serie B!!which would be great with possibly 3 of our key defenders leaving we need to keep one of the stars in defence to provide stability at the back. Juve are apparently angered that Milan gave Abbiatti to Torino

Donadoni also stated that he would have no problem picking players from Abroad or Serie B for the NT!

I would love Buffon to stay i really hope one of Cannavaro/Buffon/Zambrotta will stay!

OP
    Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    zizoufan said:
    Dino Zoff was crowned world champion as he was 40.. and these speculations about the agend could be media shit.
    btw, you can not have another buffon in 3 years, he is the best keeper on the world. I just give you one example, ManU, after shmichel left them, they got problems to find another keeper, and they still have problems as we all know how good VDS is.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Juve won't sell Buffon to Milan

Juventus will not sell goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon to AC Milan this summer because the Rossoneri have loaned Cristian Abbiati to Torino.Abbiati played last season on loan at Juve and, following an impressive campaign, the Bianconeri had hoped he would remain with them this term.

Buffon has been linked with a move the other way, with Arsenal and Manchester United also mentioned as a possible destination for the Italy international following the Serie A match-fixing verdict, which saw Juve relegated to Serie B and hit with a 30-point deduction.

But Juve's head of sporting activities Alessio Secco fumed to the Italian press: "Abbiati has joined Torino? Then Buffon will not join Milan.''

Should Juventus fail in their appeal to the Federal Court against their demotion, the likelihood is that many of their players will leave the club.

Buffon, however, has not ruled out the possibility of remaining at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

"If Juve want to keep me, I will not have a problem playing in Serie B," admitted the Italy international.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060719/1/lk3t.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)