Capello not playing fair (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
He definitely has a point. Sometimes the fair play aspect of kicking the ball out of play when someone is down injured isn't so fair at all. The referees should decide whether or not play should be stopped, in some instances at least.
You've also got those teams that kick the ball back to you, you know. They kick it out somewhere at your own corner flag. How fair is that.

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
About God damn time someone spoke out about this.
Capello is right. It's unfair to have to slow down your game if someone is faking. That's cheating on the faker's part.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
players have abused this unwritten rule for far too long.good of capello to point it out,although i'd have preferred it to be someone else.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Capello got right, no surprise nearly all coaches with him. I think a ref can judge wheter the play should be stopped or not, its not the players job. I have no doubt that in obvious cases we will kick the ball out.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

Oh, I'm sure that would've happened if it had been us and not Brescia that had benefitted, or am I being paranoid? :irritate:

Yes, you are being paranoid. But I share your paranoia!:D

Jul 12, 2002
This is definitely not the way to deal with this problem. I've been consistently becoming ore and more disgusted with the refusal of anyone in Italian football to take responsibility for anything. It's starting to get ridiculous. These players who fake injuries, whether or not it was for tactical advantage should be sanctioned. It seems as if players, coaches, and directors in Italy today will do whatever it takes to get an advantage whether or not it's legal and ethical...

It would be relatively easy to discourage faking injuries. If you take a fall and stop play, then get up and run about as if nothing happened, you should be yellow carded. The reason that the ball is kicked out of play is as a professional courtesy. Truly injured players need attention, so the game must be stopped. Thus, it is a bad idea to stop this practice considering that it is impossible to determine whether a player is truly injured at the time or not.

The Italian FA needs to step up and deal with this shit before a player becomes seriously hurt by lack of attention because the play continued.

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
I think it is great because of the amount of play acting in Serie A is unbelievable for example Simone Inzaghi he made play acting in to an art form the way he falls down. :LOL:

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
In a way it's unfair on the other team if the player was really injured and maybe hurt himself bad that he really needed medical attention like what happened to Cisse in Liverpool if they didnt kick the ball out and give him attention straight away he would have lost his leg. :eek:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
i believe capello said that just as a threat,
juve platers are pro's,
they respect all written and unwritten rules of football,
the problem with faking fouls is truelly great but its not new,
juve used that as well.
small teams use these tacticks, the most, when facing a much superior team like juve, just to reduce the affective playtime,
sometimes juve comes across the situation;
when scoring is needed most and unable to achieved,
this is when we want to use all the time available,
this is propably when we will not "play fair" and continue the game,
if the accidentation is severe the ref has the right to interrupt the game.
i will hate to see us scoring a goal in a case we didnt respected fairplay, the rest of the europe will hear about our ways then:-(
i mean the rest who still dont lough at us after this announcement;-(

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
against Tel aviv there was an injuired player from them, juve just let the ball go out....
Of course.

This is over-media hyped. Capello must've mentioned something in that way, but that doesn't mean he told the team to continue playing even if there is an injured player on the ground :rolleyes:

bianconeri6

Nov 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
i was wondering whether we would put the ball out when Oliviera was down and when we did i was thinkin 'what a bunch of hypocrits' ;)
it is not in that way he speaks about
he says that when we have the ball and the other teams player is down on our counter-attack
see if it was our ball and our player went down we would giv away our own attack

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by bianconeri6 ] ++

it is not in that way he speaks about
he says that when we have the ball and the other teams player is down on our counter-attack
see if it was our ball and our player went down we would giv away our own attack

you think i dont know ;)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
against Tel aviv there was an injuired player from them, juve just let the ball go out....
I'm sure we will play fair after this too.I think Capello just wanted to warn the other teams to prevent them from killing the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)