Capello laughs off paper talk (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Fabio Capello claims he laughs at the newspaper rumours about his future in England, Spain or Italy, but warns Juventus must not underestimate Livorno.

The Coach has been repeatedly linked with a summer move away from Turin and the latest suggestions are that he has offered himself to England as a replacement for Sven Goran Eriksson, or that he has a deal with Real Madrid.

“It’s great fun reading these papers,” smiled the tactician. “At times I see quotation marks around things I never said and read interviews with people I haven’t spoken to. I often burst out laughing as I thumb through the dailies. It’d be worse to read that Juve are trying to get rid of me.”

Capello has more immediate concerns as, although the 0-0 draw with Milan left them 10 points clear at the top, they face a tricky trip to Livorno on Saturday.

Gianluca Zambrotta is still struggling with a muscular problem, while Patrick Vieira is out with a bruised thigh and Giorgio Chiellini is suspended.

“It is true that we have an advantage, but the Scudetto has not been assigned yet. The tension must not drop, not even ahead of the Champions League tie with Arsenal, so we have to keep our guard up and work hard.”

Last season the Bianconeri were held to a 2-2 draw at the Stadio Armando Picchi, although Livorno are going through a difficult period of form with Cristiano Lucarelli an injury doubt.

“It’s never a walk in the park here, as they are a strong side run by a tough Coach like Carlo Mazzone,” continued Capello. “We will need concentration and a good performance to get a result.”

Juventus squad: 1 Buffon; 6 Kovac; 7 Pessotto; 8 Emerson; 9 Ibrahimovic; 10 Del Piero; 11 Nedved; 14 Balzaretti; 16 Camoranesi; 17 Trezeguet; 18 Mutu; 20 Blasi; 21 Thuram; 22 Bonnefoi; 23 Giannichedda; 24 Olivera; 25 Zalayeta; 27 Zebina; 28 Cannavaro; 32 Abbiati

Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)