Can Pepe be Zambrotta'd to solve our LB problems? (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I'd love to see what Lo-Pan writes on cards for special occassions, i don't think there's a card big enough to accomodate everything he has to say.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We beat Milan last year with Pepe at LB. He stopped Pato 1 on 1 on at least two occasions. He is a born fullback.

Imagine if he actually practiced the position for like a month.

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #28
    I'm impressed, it must have taken a lot out of him not to insult anybody for dismissing his essay.
    I have taken a break from this site...focussed my desire to discuss, yes in depth, juve matters, on other forums. A few months back I would have eagerly pounced on Gabriel's post with venom and aimosity, but truly, whats the fkin point? I cannot see one. I am happy to share my thoughts with others who also wish to share their thoughts, with the knowledge that they won't be abused, attacked, ridiculed. All that has changed for me is that I have finally found some stability and conviction in the conclusion that...its pathetic to insult people online, and when someone writes something which is purely focused on Juventus, I feel no need, if I dislike what they have written, to post such a view, as its better to leave well alone, and instead, be happy that others are expressing their views on a club i have loved and known close to my heart and mind, for nearly two decades now...Still, there is a temptation to list a million far more obviously pointless threads, but again, where can such a stance possibly lead? other than towards more animosity, which is of no interest to me. I am keen only for discussion about the club. So...feel free, people, to abuse, to mock, to say whatever you wish, but short of you knocking at my door and meeting my axe with your neck, seriously, what are you trying to achieve? Its not really that tough to see a post you are not interested in, and simply avoid it, that is of course, unless YOU are madly eager for attention. Any input I make into this forum will be from now on, focused solely on juventus matters. I understand that isn't a rule, but it seems in my best interests. If people wish to view a piece written about solely juventus, as a demand for attention, then well...good luck to you, but you seem to lack an understanding of the site aim, which is to discuss juve matters.OK then...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Why would we want to convert Pepe as LB when we can buy someone who plays as LB and only LB and much more talented? Zambrotta was totally different player than Pepe. You could tell Zambrotta (even when he played as a Midfielder) that he the defensive vision and talent.

Pepe would be okay to play there when/if we're facing injury crisis.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    I have taken a break from this site...focussed my desire to discuss...
    sorry for going off-topic here, but what happened to the guy who always said "please discuss" ?

I think it's my all time favourite line from the Tuz :D Lo-Pan here just reminded me of it.

I miss that dude, he was funny.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
    Jun 4, 2011
    Why would anyone assume that this guy is seeking attention?
    We don't (at least most of us) don't know his real name and most definitely never gonna meet him.
    Many people like to discuss things deeply and in length.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    sorry for going off-topic here, but what happened to the guy who always said "please discuss" ?

I think it's my all time favourite line from the Tuz :D Lo-Pan here just reminded me of it.

I miss that dude, he was funny.
    :D No other than Abu Gadanzieri (if thats spelt right).

I actually thought about this last season, the short answer to the title thread IMO is yes. I think pepe can be a decent LB (no where like zambrotta but decent) and most especially better than he will ever be as a winger.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    We beat Milan last year with Pepe at LB. He stopped Pato 1 on 1 on at least two occasions. He is a born fullback.

Imagine if he actually practiced the position for like a month.
    You must feel in heaven posting in this thread.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Pepe has the motor and technical skills to be a decent fullback. Too bad it wasn't noticed when he was 15. Now he's too far gone as far as positional sense and the mental side of defending. That said, he's got all the skills to be employed as a defensive winger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)