Bundesliga 2020-21 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
A new French capitualtion thwarted him from winning the Ballon in 2020, at least he got the UEFA "Player of the Year" award.

_114714811_gettyimages-1228827639.jpg

Then he should win this one as well.

xy5jpnzev8vuyctw0n8q.jpg

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
A new French capitualtion thwarted him from winning the Ballon in 2020, at least he got the UEFA "Player of the Year" award.

_114714811_gettyimages-1228827639.jpg

Then he should win this one as well.

xy5jpnzev8vuyctw0n8q.jpg
Forget about it, this award is not really about who was the best but more of who has the best public relations.
Messi won its last edition even though he shouldnt even be in the top 3 for this award.
VVD Mane Lewandowski and even Ronaldo deserved it more IMO.
As for last year - They decided against awarding it but the real winner is without a doubt Lewandowski.
Yet if you ask this disgusting organization they might say he needs to play in Barcelona or Real in order to win it..

I hope Juventus along with other top teams leave the CL and organize their own league - awards might count for something..

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Forget about it, this award is not really about who was the best but more of who has the best public relations.
Messi won its last edition even though he shouldnt even be in the top 3 for this award.
VVD Mane Lewandowski and even Ronaldo deserved it more IMO.
As for last year - They decided against awarding it but the real winner is without a doubt Lewandowski.
Yet if you ask this disgusting organization they might say he needs to play in Barcelona or Real in order to win it..

I hope Juventus along with other top teams leave the CL and organize their own league - awards might count for something..
To me the Ballon d'Or lost a lot of credibility in recent years. Ribery won everything in 2013 but didn't win the award because Ronaldo had a better individual season (fair enough). Then Modric won in 2018 even as he didn't have a better individual season than Ronaldo but him and his teams reached a WC final and won the CL.

I mean.. In 2013 the award was based solely on individual achievements where as in 2018 that exact same logic seems to have turned changed completely since Modric was able to win it. Did I miss out on something or was he (Modric) really the best player in the world in 2018?

Fair enough Modric won but just be consistent in terms of what is required to win this award that's all I'm asking for. There seems to be a lot of bias towards players in Real Madrid/Barca from those voters/judges.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
To me the Ballon d'Or lost a lot of credibility in recent years. Ribery won everything in 2013 but didn't win the award because Ronaldo had a better individual season (fair enough). Then Modric won in 2018 even as he didn't have a better individual season than Ronaldo but him and his teams reached a WC final and won the CL.

I mean.. In 2013 the award was based solely on individual achievements where as in 2018 that exact same logic seems to have turned changed completely since Modric was able to win it. Did I miss out on something or was he (Modric) really the best player in the world in 2018?

Fair enough Modric won but just be consistent in terms of what is required to win this award that's all I'm asking for. There seems to be a lot of bias towards players in Real Madrid/Barca from those voters/judges.
I personally rate it as for who provided the most difference and IMO Modric did provide the most difference and also lead Croatia to the final (they could do nothing with France who had players with 10 times the talent..)
As for previous Ronaldo vs Messi - I really cant remember but I would probably criticize picking Ronaldo and Messi every year if I would.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Bayern will not give Jerome Boateng a contract extension. He'll leave on free in the summer, Dayot Upamecano is being considered as his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)