Bundesliga 2020-21 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
They are so good. But a weakness there to exploit is their right back imo. Pavard looked extremely shaky vs Atletico, they had allot of success breaking through that flank. But regardless of that, Bayern is indeed a ridiculous side.

- - - Updated - - -

If they can pull it off, being the first time b2b treble winners would be an unprecedented achievement. Though had Heynckes not retired, I think hey really could've pulled it off in 2014.
I'll never forgive Pep how he managed screwing one of the best ever CL sides and treble winning team over in less than a year. That 2012-13 team was perfection and he just had to shit on it with his tiki taka style shit, it was first in his final season here when we started playing some good football as I remember it.

13-14 was all but stupid experiments for him (Lahm in midfield and Rafinha at RB shit), 2014-15 was meh and 15-16 was decent because he finally figured out how to play the Bayern way.

It took Flick 9 months to do what Pep couldn't do in 3 years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
They are so good. But a weakness there to exploit is their right back imo. Pavard looked extremely shaky vs Atletico, they had allot of success breaking through that flank. But regardless of that, Bayern is indeed a ridiculous side.

- - - Updated - - -

If they can pull it off, being the first time b2b treble winners would be an unprecedented achievement. Though had Heynckes not retired, I think hey really could've pulled it off in 2014.
Right now it feels before playing Bayern you should pray in every possible religion just in case... This is the second best team in history IMO (at least since I started watching football) and the funny thing is they only "lose" to Heynckes`s Bayern (at least in my opinion)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Right now it feels before playing Bayern you should pray in every possible religion just in case... This is the second best team in history IMO (at least since I started watching football) and the funny thing is they only "lose" to Heynckes`s Bayern (at least in my opinion)
I'd still say Milan (possibly) and Barca have been better since 2000.

Barca has probably been the most dominant team of all, at least they were totally setting the standards 10 years ago and what most aspired to be. Messi helped them a lot in reaching this hype.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'd still say Milan (possibly) and Barca have been better since 2000.

Barca has probably been the most dominant team of all, at least they were totally setting the standards 10 years ago and what most aspired to be. Messi helped them a lot in reaching this hype.
I dont think that Barcelona team could handle this one or the previous Bayern. Its not just playing a nice passing game - Bayern are playing well and also very pragmatic - Its not just some back heels - it actually lead to goals.
Barcelona as great as they were - were not pragmatic. Yeah they were great and Im not criticizing them but Bayern seems to know better and just focus on finishing off opponents rather than be entertaining (although you cant call Bayern not entertaining..)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I dont think that Barcelona team could handle this one or the previous Bayern. Its not just playing a nice passing game - Bayern are playing well and also very pragmatic - Its not just some back heels - it actually lead to goals.
Barcelona as great as they were - were not pragmatic. Yeah they were great and Im not criticizing them but Bayern seems to know better and just focus on finishing off opponents rather than be entertaining (although you cant call Bayern not entertaining..)
As much as I enjoy to watch this Bayern side do I still find the 2011 Barca team better, mostly because of their midfield and Messi infront. Xavi and Iniesta would in most cases win a midfield battle with Kimmich and Goretzka, not in stamina or strength but in talent and vision, although Kimmich is pretty good in this too.

In stamina, heading and physique would this Bayern team definitely outmuscle the 2011 Barca team but that doesn't help much if you can't get the ball lol.

I think the 2013 Bayern team would give the 2011 Barca a harder time. But maybe it's just me.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
As much as I enjoy to watch this Bayern side do I still find the 2011 Barca team better, mostly because of their midfield and Messi infront. Xavi and Iniesta would in most cases win a midfield battle with Kimmich and Goretzka, not in stamina or strength but in talent and vision, although Kimmich is pretty good in this too.

In stamina, heading and physique would this Bayern team definitely outmuscle the 2011 Barca team but that doesn't help much if you can't get the ball lol.

I think the 2013 Bayern team would give the 2011 Barca a harder time. But maybe it's just me.
I dont know - I mean in terms of talent I guess I agree BUT its a team game and I see Bayern closing down Barcelona without giving them a breathing space. This is why I say that Bayern was the best (Heynckes) - I remember our game against them (although we were not that Barcelona) we did play great football with determination and I think we might even hit the final with that team (despite not as great as in next seasons in terms of talent) but Bayern completely neutralized us and I still felt proud of that team since they were playing that monsterous Bayern and didnt suffer a heavy defeat.
Then Bayern faced Barcelona and It sounds funny to predict such dominance but I was pretty sure they are going to humiliate Barcelona.
Without taking anything from that Barcelona, to me Heynckes`s Bayern was smart talented hard working and effective - This is why they are to me the strongest team.
Its the combination of everything needed in football and all worked like a well oiled machine!

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I dont know - I mean in terms of talent I guess I agree BUT its a team game and I see Bayern closing down Barcelona without giving them a breathing space. This is why I say that Bayern was the best (Heynckes) - I remember our game against them (although we were not that Barcelona) we did play great football with determination and I think we might even hit the final with that team (despite not as great as in next seasons in terms of talent) but Bayern completely neutralized us and I still felt proud of that team since they were playing that monsterous Bayern and didnt suffer a heavy defeat.
Then Bayern faced Barcelona and It sounds funny to predict such dominance but I was pretty sure they are going to humiliate Barcelona.
Without taking anything from that Barcelona, to me Heynckes`s Bayern was smart talented hard working and effective - This is why they are to me the strongest team.
Its the combination of everything needed in football and all worked like a well oiled machine!
That's also what I meant. I think the 2013 Bayern team with Don Jupp in charge would've won at least one more CL between 2013-16 if he was still our coach. The team was so dominant and physical strong that I can't see Ancelotti's Real or Enriques Barca winning against it over two legs really.

But then Pep came along.....

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Alaba and Bayern failed to reach an agreement over a contract extension for the third time since the start of negotiations. He wants to be the highest paid player alongside Neuer, Lewandowski and Müller, and to play in midfield. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)