Bundesliga 2019/20 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
[QUOTE="BayernFan, post: 6137332, member: 20418"

The japanese also never truly said sorry about their crimes during WW2 (ever heard of Nanjing?), japanese history books are even being rewritten so they come out as the victim and not the aggressor, just imagine the reaction if the Germans and their government paid tribute to fallen waffen SS soldiers or saw themselves as the victim from WW2, but for some reason the japanese gets away with it.
I think that might be because most of the crimes were committed against Chinese or other Asians and not westerners and the Chinese haven't forgiven them[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if i were chinese i would as well have a hard time trusting the japanese when they never gave them a sincere apology.

You can say what you want about the Germans but they took full responsibility after WW2, this is what you got from their losing allies

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_Massacre_denial

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21226068

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What I mostly don't agree with is the general Japanese denial in the way it is not accurately taught in schools. You can't just mention a footnote. But do you know what, when I went to school I barely had any lessons about British war atrocities. They weren't denied, but kids aren't taught them. I learned about the Vikings, Romans, Tudors, all of the famous British war victories. Do many countries teach about war atrocities or famous defeats? Britain has a very long list of victories, naturally, but there are many negative examples that could be used. Maybe it's different now with modern schools?

Perhaps they don't see the benefit of teaching children about things that happened 100 to 500 years ago. In the case of Japan, the modern society accepts the ills of World War 2, they are acutely aware of it, but I don't imagine people living in 2020 Japan have many thoughts of apologising for things that happened so long ago, they can't identify with it at all. It's up to politicians to do those things, but at some point you also draw a line whether it comes from words or reparations or whatever. It's not going to make mobs of Chinese suddenly like the Japanese, it doesn't work like that there. But on an international level it looks respectful.

And yes of course, it happened to the Chinese, so largely no one cares. Might be sad but it's true. The Japanese saw them as dogs, they saw everyone as dogs though. They thought people who surrendered were less than dogs, and they were treated accordingly. Imperialist Japan is not the Japan of today, it's almost laughably different, and their national psyche changed forever after the (literal) fallout of WWII.

There is an inevitable nationalist uprising in Japan, because they see modern Chinese military expansion and aggression, they see the sexless male population and what a bunch of techno pussies they have become. But this has included an alternate history for far too long. Japanese teens should at least be taught why Chinese teens hate them so much, not that it will help in any way.

Oh shit this is the Bundesliga thread...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What I mostly don't agree with is the general Japanese denial in the way it is not accurately taught in schools. You can't just mention a footnote. But do you know what, when I went to school I barely had any lessons about British war atrocities. They weren't denied, but kids aren't taught them. I learned about the Vikings, Romans, Tudors, all of the famous British war victories. Do many countries teach about war atrocities or famous defeats? Britain has a very long list of victories, naturally, but there are many negative examples that could be used. Maybe it's different now with modern schools?

Perhaps they don't see the benefit of teaching children about things that happened 100 to 500 years ago. In the case of Japan, the modern society accepts the ills of World War 2, they are acutely aware of it, but I don't imagine people living in 2020 Japan have many thoughts of apologising for things that happened so long ago, they can't identify with it at all. It's up to politicians to do those things, but at some point you also draw a line whether it comes from words or reparations or whatever. It's not going to make mobs of Chinese suddenly like the Japanese, it doesn't work like that there. But on an international level it looks respectful.

And yes of course, it happened to the Chinese, so largely no one cares. Might be sad but it's true. The Japanese saw them as dogs, they saw everyone as dogs though. They thought people who surrendered were less than dogs, and they were treated accordingly. Imperialist Japan is not the Japan of today, it's almost laughably different, and their national psyche changed forever after the (literal) fallout of WWII.

There is an inevitable nationalist uprising in Japan, because they see modern Chinese military expansion and aggression, they see the sexless male population and what a bunch of techno pussies they have become. But this has included an alternate history for far too long. Japanese teens should at least be taught why Chinese teens hate them so much, not that it will help in any way.

Oh shit this is the Bundesliga thread...
Expecting 21st century Japanese to apologize, feel guilt or owe reparations for shit their grandparents or great grandparents did is of course absurd but it could be acknowledged as an event that occurred.

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
This. I don't see anyone DEMANDING that Germans apologize or anything like that.
It's as well something the Germans put on themselves, like it's my impression many Germans feel they can't have any national pride because of their past in the 30's and 40's.

At times they hardly sing their NT Anthem which is kinda sad.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It's as well something the Germans put on themselves, like it's my impression many Germans feel they can't have any national pride because of their past in the 30's and 40's.

At times they hardly sing their NT Anthem which is kinda sad.
That's going way too far imo, but this is something I would expect to change in another decade or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)