Parisi/Maele
Ndicka
Vicario
Rovella
Cambiasso

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
A Pogba, Kante, Gündogan mid?

No thanks to getting older/half finished players and have them play over Fagioli, Miretti, Locatelli and Rovella at this point.

It's their turn now. No more of those opportunity signings pls.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Football Manager 23.

Jun 16, 2020
Olmo/Felix - Vlahovic - Chiesa
Pogba - Loca - Kroos
Parisi - Bremer - Danilo - Cambiaso
Vicario/Carnesecchi

Iling - Kean - Soule/?
Fagioli - Rovella - Miretti
Pellegrini - Gatti - Scalvini - Cuadrado
Perin​

I’d keep Sandro and Cuadrado tbh. And maybe invest in better backs

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Gungodan and Kante starting in 2023? :rofl: :howler:

GTFO. That midfield is going to play a grand total of 15 games together, if that.
They're stopgap players. Other parts of the squad need prioritising in the summer. I wouldn't say no to both of them on a free if we can shed the likes of Rabiot, Mckennie and Arthur.

I would put someone like Tielemans in place of one of Gundogan or Kante, but we don't stand much of a chance against the big prem teams that are interested

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
They're stopgap players. Other parts of the squad need prioritising in the summer. I wouldn't say no to both of them on a free if we can shed the likes of Rabiot, Mckennie and Arthur.
No. Just no. They'll be coming in on huge wages, and you know that with their respective reputations, Max couldn't resist the urge to play them. Fuck them both.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
No. Just no. They'll be coming in on huge wages, and you know that with their respective reputations, Max couldn't resist the urge to play them. Fuck them both.
So who do you suggest then? Milinkovic Savic? He will cost you an arm and a leg. You can forget about investing in any other department then if you're prepared to splash the entire summer budget on that one player.

I imagine you will say let's play our youth instead. Ok that's great, but if we intend to ship off deadwood like Rabiot, Mckennie, Arthur then you need to replace them too. If one of Fagioli/Miretti/Rovella get injured, who will you replace them with?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So who do you suggest then? Milinkovic Savic?
yeah, there's only 2 picks: either sergej for 100m or gundogan + kante on a bosman, high wages, high commissions. zero middle ground.

both are ineffective choices. we can debate on valuations for years but sergej with an expiring contract isn't a 60m player. i'd gladly pay something like 30m for him though, and if it's paid over 3-4 years it's not a huge deal cash flow wise. lotito is unlikely to sell for that sum, i know. as for the freebie oldies, i disagree with @Turk_Bianconero on a few things, but his general opinion on getting old players on high wages with zero resale value isn't one i can't get behind. we should avoid relying on them. gundogan would be all right on acceptable wages, low commission, short contract. kante's recent injury record should be a huge red flag for anyone, especially muscleinjuryventus.

also, the lack of rabiot's physical presence is something that needs to be addressed next season. we can play fagioli + miretti because rabiot (and cuadrado) do all those crucial duels, and both are good in winning them

i have no particular suggestions, i just hope that low motivation, semi retired players will be avoided.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So who to replace Rabiot?
Pogba :boh:

Rovella, Fagioli, Miretti, Pogba , SMS (if we shed Fagiot's wages, sell McNuggets, and return Parepiss to sender), Locatelli and Zakaria looks solid to me.

- - - Updated - - -

So who do you suggest then? Milinkovic Savic? He will cost you an arm and a leg. You can forget about investing in any other department then if you're prepared to splash the entire summer budget on that one player.

I imagine you will say let's play our youth instead. Ok that's great, but if we intend to ship off deadwood like Rabiot, Mckennie, Arthur then you need to replace them too. If one of Fagioli/Miretti/Rovella get injured, who will you replace them with?
If we can sell McNuggets and Zak, then that funds SMS. Shedding Fagiot's wages and returning Parepiss to PSG also helps in that regard.

Rovella, Pogba, Fagioli, Locatelli, SMS and Miretti looks solid to me. If we can't sell Zak, you retain him, and you find a 24-25 year old who's hungry, motivated and driven.

Experienced doesn't have to imply a 30+ year old washed up unmotivated geezer seeking his last big paycheck.

Kante is done, and Gundogan isn't too far behind.

Jun 16, 2020
Pogba :boh:

Rovella, Fagioli, Miretti, Pogba , SMS (if we shed Fagiot's wages, sell McNuggets, and return Parepiss to sender), Locatelli and Zakaria looks solid to me.

- - - Updated - - -

If we can sell McNuggets and Zak, then that funds SMS. Shedding Fagiot's wages and returning Parepiss to PSG also helps in that regard.

Rovella, Pogba, Fagioli, Locatelli, SMS and Miretti looks solid to me. If we can't sell Zak, you retain him, and you find a 24-25 year old who's hungry, motivated and driven.

Experienced doesn't have to imply a 30+ year old washed up unmotivated geezer seeking his last big paycheck.

Kante is done, and Gundogan isn't too far behind.
But why investing a high amount on SMS if the likes of Kroos or Gundogan are available for free while we have to replace Di Maria and Cuadrado aswel. Doesn’t seem realistic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)