Kostic------------Loca----------Zak--------Cuad
-------Bremer-------Bonucci--------Danilo------
---------------------------Perin----------------------------
A great team for Conte, he would walk the league

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
A great team for Conte, he would walk the league
It's funny you say that because when Conte first arrived and was given Krasic and Elia as his wingers for his 424 he quickly realised they best thing to do was to figure out a formation which meant the 11 best players were on the pitch.

That's probably what that formation is, and when Fede is back you can swap him for Fagioli and then swap Chiesa with Di Maria.

Edit: Totally forgot about Pogba lmao

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
It's funny you say that because when Conte first arrived and was given Krasic and Elia as his wingers for his 424 he quickly realised they best thing to do was to figure out a formation which meant the 11 best players were on the pitch.

That's probably what that formation is, and when Fede is back you can swap him for Fagioli and then swap Chiesa with Di Maria.
Of course, he changed his 424 to include Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal. Then he changed to a 352 to also include BBC.

352/343 does look best for us, only thing is it leaves us without a lot of depth. Still, it seems like a great option.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
we're just trying to make a room for kostic
It's partly this but I think it's also speculation that we just don't have the depth, which is already an issue now that we have 2 stars injured before the season begins, to be picky on formation. Better to have a higher standard of player than insist on a formation that has glaring weak links. In that context Kostic makes extra sense because he's useful up and down the left side.

I guess we'll see what Allegri moulds this squad into. I have faith he'll figure it out, we have some really excellent players in this squad.

- - - Updated - - -

How many Homegrown players do you have to include in your UEFA squads, I think it's 8 from Italy and 4 from the club. Italy is no problem, but who are our 4 from Juventus? As far as I can guess it'll be:

-Fagioli
-Kean
-Mirretti?

There's nobody else I can see in the first team. Does Kaio count? If we'd had Pogba a year earlier I think he would actually qualify lmao.

Ah shit ive just realised Pinsoglio was in our Primavera. What a lad. Panic over.

Edit: All the more reason to give Fagioli, Mirretti and I guess Kean all the opportunities they need to succeed and form part of the squad even if as a reliable second choice.

Last edited:

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
It's partly this but I think it's also speculation that we just don't have the depth, which is already an issue now that we have 2 stars injured before the season begins, to be picky on formation. Better to have a higher standard of player than insist on a formation that has glaring weak links. In that context Kostic makes extra sense because he's useful up and down the left side.

I guess we'll see what Allegri moulds this squad into. I have faith he'll figure it out, we have some really excellent players in this squad.

- - - Updated - - -

How many Homegrown players do you have to include in your UEFA squads, I think it's 8 from Italy and 4 from the club. Italy is no problem, but who are our 4 from Juventus? As far as I can guess it'll be:

-Fagioli
-Kean
-Mirretti?

There's nobody else I can see in the first team. Does Kaio count? If we'd had Pogba a year earlier I think he would actually qualify lmao.

Ah shit ive just realised Pinsoglio was in our Primavera. What a lad. Panic over.

Edit: All the more reason to give Fagioli, Mirretti and I guess Kean all the opportunities they need to succeed and form part of the squad even if as a reliable second choice.
Pinsoglio is homegrown as well.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Sczcensy
Perin/Pinsoglio
Cuadrado Bonucci Bremer Sandro
Danilo Gatti Milenkovic Pellegrini
MilinkovicSavic Locatelli Pogba
Miretti/Fagioli Zakaria Mckennie
DiMaria Vlahovic Depay
Soule Kean Chiesa​

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Alright here's my idea. On paper we line up like this

lineup.png

But in practice it's a lot more fluid. When we are in possession we allow Bonucci to drift forward into the space between the CMs and the CBs. A lot of back threes spread out in possession so in essence they make one LB, one CB and one RB. I suggest we keep two CBs more compact at the back when in possession. Bonucci in the DM space allows Zak and Loca not to be pinned back worrying about leaving a hole.

We also attack with only one of the WBs at a time, so that we can still have 4 at the back in a counter scenario. And when we do go forward Di Maria and Memphis pivot on a sort of pendulum. Depending on which side the attack is coming from one of them slots into an AMC/SS space behind vlahovic, allowing space for Cuads or Kostic to push up, as well as ensuring that we have 4 players in the attack. So either one of these two

lineup (1).png

lineup (2).png

I think a fluid formation like this is the best way to get the most out of our best 11 while minimising weaknesses. Playing like this requires a lot of tactical awareness and footballing intelligence with tbh is something I think we do have quite a lot of. Also it would be exciting to see Vlahovic develop almost two different partnerships with Di Maria and Memphis, because their roles are different depending on which side of the pitch the attack is coming from.

And obviously when Chiesa and Pogba come back we reconsider, but this to me seems like a good way to begin the season.

Jun 6, 2015
Alright here's my idea. On paper we line up like this

lineup.png

But in practice it's a lot more fluid. When we are in possession we allow Bonucci to drift forward into the space between the CMs and the CBs. A lot of back threes spread out in possession so in essence they make one LB, one CB and one RB. I suggest we keep two CBs more compact at the back when in possession. Bonucci in the DM space allows Zak and Loca not to be pinned back worrying about leaving a hole.

We also attack with only one of the WBs at a time, so that we can still have 4 at the back in a counter scenario. And when we do go forward Di Maria and Memphis pivot on a sort of pendulum. Depending on which side the attack is coming from one of them slots into an AMC/SS space behind vlahovic, allowing space for Cuads or Kostic to push up, as well as ensuring that we have 4 players in the attack. So either one of these two

lineup (1).png

lineup (2).png

I think a fluid formation like this is the best way to get the most out of our best 11 while minimising weaknesses. Playing like this requires a lot of tactical awareness and footballing intelligence with tbh is something I think we do have quite a lot of. Also it would be exciting to see Vlahovic develop almost two different partnerships with Di Maria and Memphis, because their roles are different depending on which side of the pitch the attack is coming from.

And obviously when Chiesa and Pogba come back we reconsider, but this to me seems like a good way to begin the season.
We are signing these attacking players because we currently have zero depth in that department. I seriously doubt we're going to play all of them at the same time. We need some attacking players on the bench that can come on during matches and be rotational options with fatigue and injuries.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
We are signing these attacking players because we currently have zero depth in that department. I seriously doubt we're going to play all of them at the same time. We need some attacking players on the bench that can come on during matches and be rotational options with fatigue and injuries.
We're signing them to play, we're not gonna avoid playing Di Maria or Memphis in case they get injured. That doesn't make any sense.

They aren't the backups- they are signings for positions we don't have anybody to fill atm.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
If all the rumors come true

Depay/Kostic - Vlahovic/Kean - Chiesa/Di Maria
Pogba/Fagioli - Paredes/Zakaria - Locatelli/McKennie
Alex/Pellegrini - Bremer/Rugani - Bonucci/Gatti - Cuadrado/Danilo​

Jun 6, 2015
We're signing them to play, we're not gonna avoid playing Di Maria or Memphis in case they get injured. That doesn't make any sense.

They aren't the backups- they are signings for positions we don't have anybody to fill atm.
That's not what I said. Allegri will rotate his squad, we're not going to play the same eleven from game to game.

Vlahovic, Di Maria, Depay, Cuadrado and Kostic are quite unlikely to start a single game together this season imo.

- - - Updated - - -

If all the rumors come true

Depay/Kostic - Vlahovic/Kean - Chiesa/Di Maria
Pogba/Fagioli - Paredes/Zakaria - Locatelli/McKennie
Alex/Pellegrini - Bremer/Rugani - Bonucci/Gatti - Cuadrado/Danilo​
:MDS:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
That's not what I said. Allegri will rotate his squad, we're not going to play the same eleven from game to game.

Vlahovic, Di Maria, Depay, Cuadrado and Kostic are quite unlikely to start a single game together this season imo.
How do you suggest we will line up for the first half of the season? Because even if it's to be a 433 it's got to be at least 3 of them, and in that case Cuadrado is maybe our best guy at RB, and we may end up with Kostic at LB because our options there are so dire.

Of course we'll rotate through the season, this thread is for our best 11 is it not? On top of that Chiesa and Pogba will be back in 6 months and the formation will change to accommodate them. Just because I didn't put the name of the second 11 underneath doesn't mean I'm suggesting we only register 11 players for the whole season.

All that aside, what do you think of muh tactics? Any good?

Jun 6, 2015
How do you suggest we will line up for the first half of the season? Because even if it's to be a 433 it's got to be at least 3 of them, and in that case Cuadrado is maybe our best guy at RB, and we may end up with Kostic at LB because our options there are so dire.

Of course we'll rotate through the season, this thread is for our best 11 is it not? On top of that Chiesa and Pogba will be back in 6 months and the formation will change to accommodate them. Just because I didn't put the name of the second 11 underneath doesn't mean I'm suggesting we only register 11 players for the whole season.

All that aside, what do you think of muh tactics? Any good?
Nothing wrong with your tactics. Very up to date and modern, quite Germanesque dare I say. Just don't think they're very Allegriesque and that's the reason why I have a hard time imagining us play that way.

I think at the start of the season if rumoured transfers go through it'll be:

Vlahovic - Di Maria
Cuads/Kostic - Locatelli - Paredes - Zakaria
Sandro - Bremer - Bonucci - Danilo
Perin​

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Nothing wrong with your tactics. Very up to date and modern, quite Germanesque dare I say. Just don't think they're very Allegriesque and that's the reason why I have a hard time imagining us play that way.

I think at the start of the season if rumoured transfers go through it'll be:

Vlahovic - Di Maria
Cuads/Kostic - Locatelli - Paredes - Zakaria
Sandro - Bremer - Bonucci - Danilo
Perin​
This is exactly what we'll see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 61)

• almo