british rock music vs american rock music (11 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would say the British, if only because the majority of the bands listed took what was the essential part of Rock, and that would be a spinoff, and progression of Blues Music, and took it to a different level. There are very few American Bands that can actually say that, although the two that stick out most in my mind, and can be considered on par with some of the top British Bands of all time, are Aerosmith and The Doors

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
RoBi said:
British bands are superior.

As far as diversity goes Beatles stand on top.

As far as musical depth and awsome use of dynamics goes Pink Floyd tops every band.

On the other hand, as far as individuals go....Jim morrison, jimi hendrix, elvis presley , tom petty etc etc America has the upper hand.

Very good point, and that also stretches out into popular music as well. Where Britain has dominated (rightly so) in the group category, America has dominated the solo acts, where Madonna, Prince, Michael Jackson, etc etc..........clearly stand above any other solo acts from any other parts of the world

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
laffayette said:
Indeed.

Hey, who says that? They're actually giving you a motivation to study :p
I said that actually..

I think it's just not the kind of music I'd love to hear during studying..

their music too genius that it makes u think "how could they make this kind of music..?".. and it disrupts ur concentration rightaway...

that's my opinion, though..

bugvengeance

Sep 3, 2006
till now i dont understand why people rate oasis that high

their music arent that great

what i know bout them is the gallagher brothers fought each other all the time
only 1 good album - wats the story morning glory
but still not deserve to be rate that high

somehow i feel that the media just overhype this band

juventu

Sep 25, 2006
no much idea abt rock music (no mention comparing the british and american sides).
But...currently listen to The Click Five, they are from the british side, so for me, british, rocks. haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)