Brazilian Player Dies after Heart Attack (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Heart problems threaten Fadiga's career
The surgeon who operated on Khalilou Fadiga has voiced fears the Bolton midfielder might never play again.

The 29-year-old has had an automatic defibrillator implanted to try and arrest his heart problems.

Although he has been operated on previously, Fadiga has undergone more surgery after collapsing on the pitch last Wednesday before the Carling Cup defeat by Tottenham at the Reebok Stadium.

Cardiologist Hugo Vanerman told Belgium's news agency Belga: 'It was an intervention that took no more than half an hour.

'The signs of arrhythmia from a few months ago have shown themselves again.

'The device is to help the patient avoid sudden death if there is a severe disturbance to the rhythm of the heart.

'The operation itself is not more important that the placing of a pacemaker.'

Vanerman added: 'The patient will probably leave the clinic in the next few days.

'Obviously it is a question of a serious sign of stopping his career as a professional footballer.'

Fadiga arrived at Bolton last month and was given the all-clear by their medical staff following concerns over surgery in Belgium for an irregular heartbeat.

He signed a deal until the end of the season after spending two weeks training with the club following his release from Inter Milan.

Fadiga is yet to start a game and was due to be on the bench in midweek before he fainted.

:down::down::down::down::down:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    Best wishes to Fadiga's health :thumb:

Be strong man

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Did anyone see the memorial video of Miklos Feher? It was posted on xtratime a while ago.

It's 23mb and its great quality. its starts of with goals then onto the tragedy, but there are no pictures of the fall or him suffering It then goes on to the the tributes paid to him in Portugal and many other things along the way.

I was on the verge of bursting into tears when I watched it :sob:

http://web.interware.hu/admin1/Feher_Miklos_In_memoriam_By_Bentex.wmv
    :down::down:

Aug 1, 2003
    yes he did arif

I saw how Feher collapsed, it was on Eurosport some time ago when it happened - it was simply terrible. I felt sad that Feher died, but was even sadder with his teammates' reaction when he collapsed - they all got panicky and their sadness was overwhelming, it was just too much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)