Bojinov Set To Leave (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2004
By Nadia Carminati - Created on 16 Jan 2006

Bulgarian international striker Valeri Bojinov looks set to leave Fiorentina.

The 19-year-old, who cost the Viola €13 million (£9 million) last January, has put clubs on red alert by revealing his unhappiness in Florence.

It is believed that Bayern Munich, Hamburg and Internazionale are on the trail of the young forward, with Munich being his preferred destination.

Bojinov revealed: "In the next two or three days I will join Bayern Munich, Inter Milan or Hamburg SV.

"My first choice would be to play for Bayern as that is the best place for me to play."

He added: "I am not angry with anyone here but my primary objective is to get into the first team, this will help me keep my place in the national team."

Bojinov has been left frustrated by his lack of first team opportunities, making only seven league starts, scoring two goals.

"I want to play regularly but the coach Cesare Prandelli has a different point of view."

Bojinov was left out of the squad for last weekend's 2-1 victory over Chievo Verona, leading to speculation on his future.

With Internazionale's interest being confirmed it has been suggested that there could be a player plus-cash deal including Italian international keeper Francesco Toldo.

The Nerazzurri are on the look out for a new striker following Obafami Martins' departure to the African Cup of Nations, and with the Viola in need of a new keeper due to Sebastian Frey's long term injury, the Milan giants could prove stern competition for Bayern in the race for the Bulgarian's signature.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Makaay (30)
    Pizarro (26)
    Santa Cruz (24)
    Guerrero (21)

But Santa Cruz has torn his knee up and is out for the season, and Makaay has not had the form from the last couple years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)