Boca soccer fans' grave devotion (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Boca soccer fans' grave devotion

By Daniel Schweimler
BBC News, Buenos Aires

Most football fans - true football fans - say they will support their club through thick and thin until the day they die.

There are few more passionate fans anywhere in the world than those that follow Argentina's Boca Juniors.

And to prove it, they take their support to the grave - literally, in Boca Juniors coffins.

The coffins only come in two colours - blue and yellow. For those are the club colours.

Their fans will not be seen sporting any other colours while they are alive - so why do so when they are dead?

For anything up to $800, they can have a coffin tailor-made, with a blue and yellow design on the outside and a blue and yellow silk lining.

And for a few dollars extra, they can have the club crest carved on the lid.

One fan was reported as saying: "Whether I go to heaven or hell, I'll go as a Boca fan."

Growing trend

In an age when Boca, like most clubs around the world, will produce anything from baby clothes to lampshades to bedroom slippers in the club colours, it was probably only a matter of time before they catered for the fans who were no longer with them.

Several clubs in Mexico - a country which celebrates its dead - already produce club coffins.

As do clubs in the Colombian city of Medellin - not so long ago the city with the highest murder rate in the world.

Now fans in Argentina can chant: "I'm Boca until the day I die..."

And for some time after that, too.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/americas/4980104.stm

-------------------------

Who here would like to be burried in a Juve coffin? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Zé Tahir said:
Boca soccer fans' grave devotion
For anything up to $800, they can have a coffin tailor-made, with a blue and yellow design on the outside and a blue and yellow silk lining.
Bah... they should go on eBay and buy some of the Thai knockoff team coffins for only $20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)