Blaise Matuidi (6 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We did get Bentancur in the Tevez deal so at least there’s that
we might have negotiated those players at the same time, but those were separate deals and separate contracts. and i just thought about it, tevez left for a transfer fee on paper (which was never paid because of the counterparts), so that wasn't technically a minusvalenza either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Tevez was a top player despite his age. And Boca still own 50% of whatever Bentancur is worth. It was a good transfer if Tevez was pushing for an exit, but only if so.
tevez most certainly pushed for a transfer, and even in that case, it wasn't a good deal. we should have milked boca, and now we're paying them 2m/seasons for a player we theoretically own.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
yeah probably, but why shoot ourselves in the foot on the same accounting terms half a year later then. 2-3m aren't a huge thing, but we saved less with the extension, so it would have been better just to let his contract run out if the intention never was to keep him anyway.

i do think we wanted to keep him for an other season as a depth player when we had to make a decision on the option in his contract, then later we realized that he's finished. he was unfortunately terrible in the 2nd part of the season.
I think it is more of in this new era Agnelli & Pirlo want younger players, who have hunger for success
As for Paratici , he is the cheapest option in term of wages around our midfield as last backup

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So right now we have Bentancur, Ramsey, Rabiot, Arthur, Khedira and Matuidi in midfield.

I wonder if we'll continue with 6 midfielders and buy a new one for every departing midfielder, or if Pirlo will change the formation and add AMCs and wingers instead of having 6 pure midfielders.
In both cases, there will be a replacement for Matuidi. I wonder who it is.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
tevez most certainly pushed for a transfer, and even in that case, it wasn't a good deal. we should have milked boca, and now we're paying them 2m/seasons for a player we theoretically own.
We took a gamle with this deal, as the other counterpart (dont remember his name) turned out no good. Bentancur is a super player. I feel we could get €60m for him right now. Not that we should cash in on him, we need him, but in theory Boca made an amazing deal getting Tevez for free and potentially ~€30m for Betancur in the future.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So right now we have Bentancur, Ramsey, Rabiot, Arthur, Khedira and Matuidi in midfield.

I wonder if we'll continue with 6 midfielders and buy a new one for every departing midfielder, or if Pirlo will change the formation and add AMCs and wingers instead of having 6 pure midfielders.
Matuidi is gone. We now have 5 CMs.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We took a gamle with this deal, as the other counterpart (dont remember his name) turned out no good. Bentancur is a super player. I feel we could get €60m for him right now. Not that we should cash in on him, we need him, but in theory Boca made an amazing deal getting Tevez for free and potentially ~€30m for Betancur in the future.
Those Bentancur clause we paid 2m/year in 6x installment (12m)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005

Probably Tonali.

He is Pirlo's long lost son.

Got the looks from the mother though.

Jun 16, 2020
bravo fabio, an other minusvalenza

he really needs someone to oversee his activity
Im quite surprised. I expected his contract extension, but I thought it was with the idea of selling him this summer instead of releasing him for free. With the mercato just open, I guess we should’ve done better, but perhaps Agresti is mistaken (unlikely tho).

Anyway it’s anticipated, our main job for now is releasing the deadwood and I’m glad we’re doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)