Birindelli out for 4-5 months (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Birindelli injury blow
Monday 8 August, 2005
Juventus have been rocked by the news that Alessandro Birindelli is out for the next six months.

The 30-year-old, who has spent the past few seasons as a back-up player, suffered a knee injury against Benfica on Saturday.

Tests have shown that he has damaged ligaments in his right knee and he will be forced to wear a cast for a fortnight before it can be operated on.

Juventus Coach Fabio Capello (pictured) already has enough injury concerns ahead of the new season, but he would not be drawn into revealing any potential replacements.

“We will have to evaluate the situation before taking any decision,” said the tactician.

The situation could lead to the Bianconeri speeding up their move for Miguel.

The Portuguese defender is currently at the centre of a transfer row with Benfica.

He insists his contract has expired, but the club maintains there is another year left to run and FIFA are arbitrating on the matter.

It has also been reported that David Trezeguet pulled out of training today with an ankle complaint.

Capello will be hoping that it is not serious after the French international missed much of last season through injury.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, with Roma's protest of the FIFA ban being successful, hopefully that will make Miguel's situation much less treacherous for us.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I guess Miguel is on his way; good news

Trezeguet :fero: I always say that there's no such thing as an injury-prone player (even though I know that I'm one myself) and that Trez will get over his problems and have a full season, but the consistency with which he gets himself injured is beyond comprehension

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Trezeguet :fero: I always say that there's no such thing as an injury-prone player (even though I know that I'm one myself) and that Trez will get over his problems and have a full season, but the consistency with which he gets himself injured is beyond comprehension
There are players who are just unlucky to have an especialy fragile joint, or a weak hmastring or whatever, but equally there are players who are as happy on the treatment table as in full training, if you get my drift. I've been coming to the conclusion that maybe Trez has fallen into the second category.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Quite an exceptional example, yes.
Harry Kewel makes totti look like an angel....oopps beter be carefull or Kewel may try and sue me for having a negative opinion of him :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)