Beckham to Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
It's confirmed that Beckham will end up in Barcelona if Joan Laporta is elected president of the Spanish club. Read article from BBC:

Man Utd accept Beckham bid

Manchester United have agreed to sell David Beckham to Barcelona if Joan Laporta is elected president of the Spanish club.

Laporta had made Beckham his number one target ahead of Barca's elections on Sunday.

But the deal to take the England captain to the Nou Camp will depend on Beckham agreeing personal terms.

"Manchester United confirms that club officials have met Joan Laporta, the leading candidate for the presidency of Barcelona," said a statement on the Manchester United website.

"These meetings have resulted in an offer being made for the transfer of David Beckham to Barcelona.

"This offer is subject to a number of conditions and critically to both Mr Laporta being elected president on Sunday 15 June and Barcelona subsequently reaching agreement with David Beckham on his personal contract.

"Manchester United confirms that in the event that all of the conditions are fulfilled then the offer would be acceptable."

Manchester United's decision to go public on the Barcelona bid is a clear statement that they are willing to let Beckham go.

Milan cool on Beckham link

But Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan have also been linked with him in recent weeks and the news could draw them into the chase.

Beckham will also need convincing that Barcelona is the right move for him as they cannot offer him Champions League football next season.

The 28-year-old midfielder had previously insisted he wanted to stay at United, but admitted for the first time on Tuesday that his long-term future might not lie at Old Trafford.

"I've never said that I'd never move away from Manchester, and I've never said that I'd end my career there," Beckham, who is on holiday in the US, told the Los Angeles Times newspaper.

"With all the big teams there are always going to be changes because you look to strengthen the team whether you win three trophies or you win one

"These rumours have been going on for two months now. About a month ago, it was Real Madrid and now it's Barcelona.

"But I'm a Manchester United player. I'm contracted to Manchester United for another two or three years, I think. As long as they want me, then I'll stay."

Although Beckham played down speculation about a rift between him and Sir Alex Ferguson, United's decision to accept the Barca bid suggests they are planning for next season without him.

AC Milan had begun to emerge as Beckham's most likely destination until president Silvio Berlusconi said on Monday that there were "better ways of spending money".

Director Ariedo Braida, in charge of the football side of the club, added: "We are absolutely not interested, they are just fantasy rumours that have been reported by the press. He is a great player, but there is nothing in it."

Meanwhile Inter general director Massimo Moretti said: "Beckham is a great player, there is an interest because the best players always appeal to Inter Milan."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
I feel very sad for Beckham....

He feels he is betrayed....

I wonder will Juve do the same to our Captain Ale one day...:down:

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by bongo10 ] ++
Its sad to see a huge star for Man. United fans to leave them
But everyone has a right to leave wherever they want
hi bongo10....welcome...so, are u man u and beck fan.....???

i think he will be a disaster for a team which acquire him next season...... ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I read in another news, (in different sites), that becks was very angry with this laporta guyt from barcelona, because they are using him for a political purpouse.

Laporta was asking for a date to meet with mr becks, but he and his manager decided to ignore his proposal.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I think Beckham should move to Milan or Inter. I have a feeling that he would be great in one of those teams.
In my opinion Beckham is underrated here, many say that he only has his looks and actually can't play football. I think his skills are very impressive I would say that he is one of the three best wingers in the world.
What I like about him is that he is not a diva, he always works hard and doesn't dive like Totti. If he wouldn't have had his beautiful wife and his good looks I think people would have seen his good skills more.
He could be overrated by many but among the "experts" he is underrated. I get the impression that some are jealous of him. He suffers from the same problem as Microsoft and USA, he is simply too successful people can't stand it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

What I like about him is that he is not a diva, he always works hard and doesn't dive like Totti.
:LOL: that diva was a good one!.

Hey but im not saying that he is underrated, but i dont like him, thats all.IMO guys IMO.

He is an skilled free kick shooter, and do good crosses.

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
well, now...is it confirmed he's moving to Real???
:confused:

Hope yes!!
:fero:
I won't stand it if he goes to Barca, not because I don't like Barca...on the contrary it's one of my favorite teams...but I think he'd do fine with Real....
:D :D

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Man. United midfielder David Beckham has agreed to sign for Real Madrid on a four-year deal worth 35M euros. After weeks of speculation, claim and counter-claim it appears that the most talked about transfer of the year has finally been completed.

Beckham, currently on a promotional tour of the Far East, has previously been linked with Barcelona, Milan and Inter in addition to Real.Interest from the Italian sides has diminished over recent days partly due to the financial insecurity currently being felt across Serie A. Barcelona's newly elected president Joan Laporta will be bitterly disappointed at the news and will now face some awkward questions as he based his entire campaign on the promise of bringing Beckham to the Nou Camp. Manchester United announced last week that they had provisionally accepted an offer from Barcelona dependent, on Laporta being elected as president and the club agreeing terms with Beckham.

The fact that Barcelona as a footballing entity are in turmoil is believed to have put Beckham off a move to Catalonia, they will not play in the Champions League and may be forced to play in the Inter Toto cup to secure a place in the UEFA cup next season. Barcelona's inability to lure the Englishman is Real's gain. Over the past three seasons the Madrid side have secured the signatures of the World's best including Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo. Beckham will find competition for a place in the starting line-up to be fierce. Real already boast Zidane in the central role with Portugal international Figo currently occupying Beckham's position on the right-side of midfield.

Man. United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's relationship with his celebrated midfielder has been strained over the past season. It is understood that Ferguson has had enough of Beckham's superstar lifestyle and that the Scot believes the player, who he brought to Old Trafford as a 14 year old has become bigger than the club. At 28 Beckham still has two years on his contract with United and many feel that Ferguson is right to cash in on his prize asset before he becomes a free agent.

Beckham will be officially introduced on July 2nd. The deal will be a straight cash one, contrary to earlier speculation that any transfer would include players.

:dontcare:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
Thank God this bloody soap opera is over.

Who will be the No 7?? I heard Raul is not giving it up but one of Beck's sponsors demands little becky to be No 7

OP
Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by ida_lau ] ++
    Thank God this bloody soap opera is over.

Who will be the No 7?? I heard Raul is not giving it up but one of Beck's sponsors demands little becky to be No 7
    I heard that he's gonna wear no 77 but since La Liga only allows no 1-25 he's gonna wear something else.

No 7 will still belongs to Raul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)