Azzurri's new squad ! 29 may 2005 (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Wat do u guys have against poor old Blasi, i think he is eligibale to play for the azzuri.He impressed Lippi and thats only wat counts.

Also remember gattuso is not chosen, so who is going to do all the dirty work in midfield ?barone?pirlo?de rossi? you gotta be kidding me

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
I'm relishing the fact that Italy have a Juve wing pair.. :D

Camoranesi's finally getting what he deserves!

FORZA MAURO CAMORANESI
FORZA GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA
FORZA AZZURRI
FORZA JUVENTUS (had to add this one :D)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
Wat do u guys have against poor old Blasi, i think he is eligibale to play for the azzuri.He impressed Lippi and thats only wat counts.

Also remember gattuso is not chosen, so who is going to do all the dirty work in midfield ?barone?pirlo?de rossi? you gotta be kidding me
We have nothing against him, but his performaces haven't been up to par, I'm certain that even Maresca does better than him. And I think De Rossi/Barone can start, their performances r better tha Blasi, even though I prefer Barone though. He seems sort of like a rugby player to me.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Since Lippi said that he will test out Chiellini for us,

Buffon

Zaccardo - Canna - Nesta - Chiellini

Camoranesi - Pirlo - De Rossi/Barone - Zambrotta

---------------Vieri----------Cassano

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
bad formation
That was wad Lippi wanted to test

Azzurri: Cassano set to start Thursday 2 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Cassano looks likely to be fielded alongside Christian Vieri in Italy’s World Cup qualifier against Norway on Saturday.

There were suggestions that Marcello Lippi would start the Roma youngster on the bench, but he’s now set to get the nod in attack.

Lippi had tried an attacking duo of Vieri and Luca Toni on Wednesday but opted for a change in today’s training session.

It now looks almost certain that Cassano will begin, given that Francesco Totti is not in the squad and Alberto Gilardino is injured.

Thursday’s practice session at the Azzurri’s Coverciano training base also revealed more clues regarding Saturday’s probable starting line-up in Oslo.

Juventus ‘keeper Gigi Buffon will start in goal, guarded by a back four of Daniele Bonera, Marco Materazzi, Fabio Cannavaro and Giorgio Chiellini.

Materazzi will definitely be included after Alessandro Nesta returned home for family reasons, why Chiellini looks to have just edged out Palermo’s Fabio Grosso.

Mauro Camoranesi and Gianluca Zambrotta will marshal the midfield flanks, with Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi handed central responsibilities.

The latter, despite a problematic campaign with Roma, has been handed the opportunity to play as Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso is suspended.

Italy probable: Buffon; Bonera, Materazzi, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Camoranesi, De Rossi, Pirlo, Zambrotta; Cassano, Vieri

Buffon

Bonera - Canna - Matrix - Chiellini

Camoranesi - Pirlo - De Rossi - Zambrotta

---------------Vieri----------Cassano

omg not Matrix, I prefer Barzagli more

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
No Di Michele + Lucarelli ?

Only Blasi and Materazzi shouldn't be in there.
I don't know why Italy NT coaches never want to see him too.he scored 25 goals(or 24?)this season but even Vieri and Iaquinta are prefered too him.it's unfair.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

I don't know why Italy NT coaches never want to see him too.he scored 25 goals(or 24?)this season but even Vieri and Iaquinta are prefered too him.it's unfair.
Well Bobo isn't that bad as u think he is, he scored 16 goals this season (inclusive of CL + Coppa Italia). He almost scored in the Reggina game. His form has been improving recently. Besides, he's physically strong, so he can wrestle past Norwegain players and score, shouldn't be a problem for Italy though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)