Azzurri Thread (130 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Italy I think is slightly outside the top group of favs. Easier group lowers their odds. What does it tell you about the CB quality of Italia soccer when you still have Bono and Chiell as starters? Also Berna even being on the team. I thought Bastoni would be starting. Don't know if they have enough scoring power up front? Ciro needs to finally do it outside of the league. Rooting them on but need a complete TEAM effort to go far.
:ita:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Insigne and Berardi should be fighting for the starting spot in the front three, Chiesa should be a lock down starter either on the left or the right
Insigne is the best forward by far for Mancini. He is central to the way the team plays during the build up and is in the best form of all of them as well.

Its Berardi vs Chiesa for the right side, or both of them together with Chiesa on the left when Insigne needs to rest. Berardi is ahead of Chiesa but there is a also a matter of style, it should depend on the opponent and the moment of the match.

To put it into perspective
Insigne has 11 G+A in 11 games played since the euro qualifiers started. Only in 1 match he didn't score or assist.
Berardi has only recently joined the team, 5 G in 6 games. Again didn't score in only 1 of them.
Chiesa hasn't been as prolific, 4 G+A in 13 games, none in the last year and a half

Now Chiesa has upped his game so I expect him to come through big in the euros but he starts behind the other 2.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Insigne is the best forward by far for Mancini. He is central to the way the team plays during the build up and is in the best form of all of them as well.

Its Berardi vs Chiesa for the right side, or both of them together with Chiesa on the left when Insigne needs to rest. Berardi is ahead of Chiesa but there is a also a matter of style, it should depend on the opponent and the moment of the match.

To put it into perspective
Insigne has 11 G+A in 11 games played since the euro qualifiers started. Only in 1 match he didn't score or assist.
Berardi has only recently joined the team, 5 G in 6 games. Again didn't score in only 1 of them.
Chiesa hasn't been as prolific, 4 G+A in 13 games, none in the last year and a half

Now Chiesa has upped his game so I expect him to come through big in the euros but he starts behind the other 2.
fair enough. not sure how representative games the last 6 games of Italy are though, given that only one opponent of 6 is a quality team

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Italy I think is slightly outside the top group of favs. Easier group lowers their odds. What does it tell you about the CB quality of Italia soccer when you still have Bono and Chiell as starters? Also Berna even being on the team. I thought Bastoni would be starting. Don't know if they have enough scoring power up front? Ciro needs to finally do it outside of the league. Rooting them on but need a complete TEAM effort to go far.
:ita:
Chiellini will get injured sooner or later anyway.

Bookmark this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)