Azzurri Thread (27 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
@JuveJay

I know you're good at these and like these. So give me your hypothetical Italy Euro 2020 or even World Cup 2022 lineup :D

So far I got

Donnarumma

Masina-Rugani-Romagnoli-Darmian
Jorginho-Verratti-Cataldi
Insigne-Kean-Berardi/Bernardeschi

Good one?
I can see Bonucci starting in 2020 if one of Rugani/Romagnoli fails to live to the hype.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah I think so too, I just wanted to do it more for players who are 24 and under. Bonucci and maybe even Marchisio will still be part of the set-up in 2020 I'd assume.

Edit: oh shit realised I added Darmian and he's over that age. Carry on :D

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Reports say 16 players are guaranteed to make Italy’s Euro 2016 squad, while Antonio Conte considers a 3-4-3 formation.

The Azzurri will play Spain at home and Germany away in international friendlies over the next week as their preparation for the summer tournament continues.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports today that 16 of the places in Conte’s squad for the Euros are already secured.

The newspaper believes the three goalkeepers will be Gigi Buffon, Mattia Perin and Salvatore Sirigu, while Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini and Matteo Darmian will go as defenders.

For the remaining defensive spots, the outlet believes Sassuolo’s Franceseco Acerbi is currently the favourite over Andrea Ranocchia and Davide Astori, while Luca Antonelli and Lorenzo De Silvestri will battle for full-back spots against Ignazio Abate and Mattia De Sciglio.

Gazzetta says Conte will take nine midfielders and that Marco Verratti, Claudio Marchisio, Marco Parolo, Antonio Candreva, Alessandro Florenzi and Stephan El Sharaawy are sure to go.

Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi are reportedly out of the equation, with Riccardo Montolivo, Thiago Motta and Jorginho fighting for a place in front of the defence.

For the remaining two spots, there will be a battle between Lorenzo Insigne, Federico Bernardeschi, Giacomo Bonaventura, Emanuele Giaccherini and Roberto Soriano.

Up front, Conte will pick Graziano Pelle, Simone Zaza and Eder according to Gazzetta. The fourth striker spot will be between Ciro Immobile and Stefano Okaka.

The newspaper also reports today that Conte wants to practice with a 3-4-3 formation, which would allow him to use Juventus’ defensive line while taking advantage of his wealth of wide options.

Gazzetta’s possible Italy XI: Buffon; Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini; Florenzi, Marchisio, Verratti, Darmian; Candreva, Zaza, El Shaarawy

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
@JuveJay

I know you're good at these and like these. So give me your hypothetical Italy Euro 2020 or even World Cup 2022 lineup :D

So far I got

Donnarumma

Masina-Rugani-Romagnoli-Darmian
Jorginho-Verratti-Cataldi
Insigne-Kean-Berardi/Bernardeschi

Good one?
:D

The players are going to be aged something like 19-35 I guess, so that's 1985 to 2001 born. Kean would be 20, as a comparison.

(4-3-3/3-5-2)

Donnarumma (21)
Perin (28)
Scuffet (24)

Bonucci (33)
Rugani (26)
Romagnoli (25)
Tonelli (30)
Darmian (30)
De Sciglio (28)
Masina (26)

Verratti (27)
Mandragora (23)
Sensi (24)
Marchisio (34)
Jorginho (28)
Cataldi (26)
Florenzi (29)
Bertolacci (29)

Bernardeschi (26)
Insigne (29)
El Shaarawy (28)
Gabbiadini (29)
Zaza (29)

Others:
Cragno (26)
Leali (27)
Meret (23)

Barba (27)
Pezzella (23)
Antei (28)
Santon (29)
Calabria (24)
Ferrari (26)
Mattiello (25)
Regini (30)

Benassi (26)
Pellegrini (24)
Locatelli (22)
Grassi (25)
Cristante (25)
Soriano (30)
Mauri (24)
Barella (23)

Sansone (29)
Verde (24)
Berardi (25)
Cerri (24)
Monachello (26)
Vido (23)
Panico (23)
Kean (20)
Piu (24)
Scamacca (21)

Something like that. I don't think you will ever see many kids in a Nazionale squad, only perhaps outstanding talents. The ones I bolded in 'others' are what I consider to be the big talents, but the younger the player the more speculation. As ever with Italy there will be someone coming from nowhere to be a key player.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Reports say 16 players are guaranteed to make Italy’s Euro 2016 squad, while Antonio Conte considers a 3-4-3 formation.

The Azzurri will play Spain at home and Germany away in international friendlies over the next week as their preparation for the summer tournament continues.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports today that 16 of the places in Conte’s squad for the Euros are already secured.

The newspaper believes the three goalkeepers will be Gigi Buffon, Mattia Perin and Salvatore Sirigu, while Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini and Matteo Darmian will go as defenders.

For the remaining defensive spots, the outlet believes Sassuolo’s Franceseco Acerbi is currently the favourite over Andrea Ranocchia and Davide Astori, while Luca Antonelli and Lorenzo De Silvestri will battle for full-back spots against Ignazio Abate and Mattia De Sciglio.

Gazzetta says Conte will take nine midfielders and that Marco Verratti, Claudio Marchisio, Marco Parolo, Antonio Candreva, Alessandro Florenzi and Stephan El Sharaawy are sure to go.

Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi are reportedly out of the equation, with Riccardo Montolivo, Thiago Motta and Jorginho fighting for a place in front of the defence.

For the remaining two spots, there will be a battle between Lorenzo Insigne, Federico Bernardeschi, Giacomo Bonaventura, Emanuele Giaccherini and Roberto Soriano.

Up front, Conte will pick Graziano Pelle, Simone Zaza and Eder according to Gazzetta. The fourth striker spot will be between Ciro Immobile and Stefano Okaka.

The newspaper also reports today that Conte wants to practice with a 3-4-3 formation, which would allow him to use Juventus’ defensive line while taking advantage of his wealth of wide options.

Gazzetta’s possible Italy XI: Buffon; Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini; Florenzi, Marchisio, Verratti, Darmian; Candreva, Zaza, El Shaarawy
:sergio:

also if your CFs are the weakest part of the team play a formation where you use only one of them and absolutely dont bring 4 with you on a 23 player squad. ffs Conte

that 3-4-3 looks like it has potential though

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
actually, Shaaraway has been very good since joining Roma (5 goals 2 assists in 8 games so far). if its between him and Insigne though, id take Lorenzo but if it was up to me id take both, over the likes of Immobile, Okaka or Pelle...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Conte will always favor players that take instruction over those who don't. It just so turns out that many of the most talented players are the ones who can't take instruction as easily. As such, he ends up preferring some lesser talents.

Conte is a good coach but my feeling is he will always make a group of lesser talents over-perform but at the same time he might stifle the ceiling of a team that has a lot of talent. By instituting such strict organization and tactics he pulls the bottom players up a level but he might bring the top players down to that same level.

One thing I agree with Pep is that in the first 2 thirds of the pitch, you listen to the coach but in the final 3rd you can do whatever you want. The final 3rd is where the talent shines.

But for me, Conte prefers the Immobile types who make the same runs into the same channels. Play the same combinations over and over as Conte likes them to be played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)