Azzurri: Lippi recalls Blasi (3 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Yes, players like Bonazzoli and Lucarelli are certainly options but if I was in charge I would call three support strikers and three out-and-out front men. Of course it's too early to guarantee people tickets to Germany 06 but only injury will prevent Totti from being there. If Del Piero plays a bit more regularly and plays well I'd have him there as well and if Cassano resolves his situation at Roma and refinds his form obviously he cannot be ignored. If things don't go too well for DP and Casso then Esposito should get the call. Toni and Iaquinta would be there given their current form and either Gilardino, Bonazzoli or Lucarelli would join them.
I would leave Esposito out. He has neither the experience nor the current form to back him right now. True, neither Bonazzoli or Lucarelli but both player's form is very good. Unfortunately Vieri will be called up, so hppefully he'll be in a good form when the World Cup comes.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

I would leave Esposito out. He has neither the experience nor the current form to back him right now. True, neither Bonazzoli or Lucarelli but both player's form is very good. Unfortunately Vieri will be called up, so hppefully he'll be in a good form when the World Cup comes.
i actually disagree. i reckon esposito is playing good football. but its hard when the team is going shitty. and ofcourse without zola, he has to carry the team much more (in a creative sense).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Italy probable lineup for tomorrow's game against Moldova:

De Sanctis
Zaccardo - Bonera - Materazzi - Grosso
Blasi - Barone - De Rossi
Del Piero
Iaquinta - Vieri

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Lippi opts for the reserves Tuesday 11 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy boss Marcello Lippi is expected to make 10 changes from the side that beat Slovenia for Wednesday’s game against Moldova.

With qualification for the 2006 World Cup already secured, the tactician will use tomorrow’s match to try out a few of his reserve players.

Palermo left-back Fabio Grosso is set to keep his place in the side, while Alex Del Piero will return after not featuring at the weekend.

Morgan De Sanctis is being tipped to start in goal, behind a rearguard of Cristian Zaccardo, Marco Materazzi, Daniele Bonera and Grosso.

Simone Barone, Daniele De Rossi and Manuele Blasi are set to be confirmed in the engine room.

While Del Piero will aid the attacking duo of Christian Vieri and Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Most eyes will be on Del Piero who many believe is in direct competition with Roma’s Antonio Cassano for a place in the final World Cup squad.

"I am well used to these types of duels," stated the Juventus captain. "Even if I don’t understand why I am always involved.

"There are always people out there who sponsor these things. But I have another idea, why can’t Cassano and I play together?"

Although the Lecce clash is worthless to the team, the No 10 is keen to use it as a stage to demonstrate his ability.

"The fact that we have already won the group is not important, this game matters to me," he continued.

"I last played in the friendly against Ireland and I want to return to the side with a goal, just as I did in the first game against Moldova."

When asked about Italy’s chances of success in Germany next year, Del Piero was remaining upbeat.

"We are a good side, as we have been saying for some time," he stated. "Our squad is made up of players who work hard and rest little."

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't think so. Dp captained the Azzurri in Euro after Canna had 2yellow cards. And another thing why I think Dp will be the Captain incase this Formationed played is simply because he was Juve's leader during Lippi's time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)