Attendance at Stadio Olimpico in Rome (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Lazio did play badly in the 1st half. Their defence is in a total confusion, conceding many balls to Middlesbrough and letting the Boro players run wild in their half. Most of the balls were intercepted/poor clearance, allowing Boro players to attack time and time again. But they were lucky that Boro wasted a lot of chances.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I really tho some pub team had kidnapped the Lazio players and we're playing in there place, I really mean this, that was the worst display I have ever seen in my life!

OP
xziz

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

I dont think it'll happen, however there is a chance Sensi will decide to sell someone, it not impossible, if so it'll most likely be Totti and not Cassano, if Totti is to leave as long as it is too no Italian club, then I wish him good luck, of course it goes without saying that I'd love him to say and that no-one is too leave, but if someone is too be sold then its for the good of the club, right now we cant be picky!

No, right now you can't be picky Nicole.

from: http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6873/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6873_sto656498.shtml

Roma in freefall

The misery continues for AS Roma. The Italian giants were humbled once again on Wednesday night, going down 0-3 to Udinese at the Stadio Olimpico.

It is a sign of the times that Udinese, joint third before the game, took third place outright in Serie A, ten points behind leaders Juventus. This is territory traditionally occupied by Totti's motley collection of stars.

As it is, Roma are languishing 15 points off the top and the pressure continues to build on beleaguered boss Luigi de Neri.

Simone Perrotta returned from injury, but Antonio Cassano and Christian Panucci were still suspended for the fixture.

Their absence was immediately apparent as the visitors were totally dominant during the opening period.

David Di Michele sprinted past the entire Roma defence on Sulley Ali Muntari's through ball, but elected to pull back rather than go for glory and the chance went begging.

At the other end, Roma were having trouble making their presence felt. Totti's corner kick found the head of Philippe Mexes, but his finish only skimmed the frame of the goal.

Udinese continued to press and Muntari's fierce left-foot strike rattled the crossbar just before the break. Then it happened.

Vincenzo Iaquinta thumped home a free kick from 20 metres, though Ivan Pelizzoli should have done better after getting a hand to it at the near post.

The normally volatile Roman fans, whose dissatisfaction with the current side stretched to booing during the 5-1 win over Cagliari last week, rained abuse down on the Roma players as they vented their frustration.

Mido replaced Aquilani for the second half and Roma could not have gone closer to an equaliser on 49 minutes, as Perrotta's fierce effort from distance was only parried into the path of Vincenzo Montella and Per Kroldrup got a crucial deflection to turn it inches wide of the woodwork.

It could all have been so different had that gone in.

The turning point of the match came at the hour mark. Di Michele, unstoppable all evening, sprinted past several players, but Gigi Sartor brought him down from behind and the referee pointed to the spot.

The defender was also sent off for a last man foul, so David Pizarro buried the penalty to put Udinese 2-0 and a man up.

Totti was unlucky soon after, as his long-range strike was finger tipped on to the inside of the upright and rolled all the way across the face of goal before going out.

It took a Perrotta goalline clearance to keep out Nestor Sensini's header, but Udinese got their third when Iaquinta charged past Perrotta and Ferrari before unleashing a splendid rising strike into the top corner.

Eurosport - 11/11/2004

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    I didnt see the game, but I had heard that we didnt play very well, thanks to British Eurosport, I had to suffer watching Miccoli try his hardest to score aganist Juve. Although I stop watching after about 70mins.

We're in transition, I am not expecting anything. Every game we go into I expect us to draw, so if we win its a plus if we lose then not. But this season, all we are doing is building for next season. (Except I expected us to win, when we play Lazio, and in the Olimpico against Juve).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)