Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Desperate and pathetic.

Meanwhile, we sign the best youth :)
How would a sale of Morata even work, considering that Real Madrid has the buyback clause? I am assuming that a percentage of the transfer fee would have to go to RM, and we would need their permission in the first place, I would think.

- - - Updated - - -

EPL will be always open for him
For Cavani?

True, but I would think that quality of life would also have to play an important factor as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And that's a shame. Because if Italians do one thing right, it's idolatry. You know how Italian fans are. They like their bandiere. Italian fans like to have an entire team focused on defense and then this one dude upfront who makes the magic happen. And that's what makes calcio great to be honest, it elevates the individual player more so than any other league out there. Without superstars calcio gets real boring quick. We need Del Piero, we need Totti, we need Vieri. None of this Pellè, Zaza or Eder bullshit.
Its also why its better then this madrid/oilteam crap, where they press stars togheter, lowering their impact significantly.

Much rather like it the calcio way, but ffs we need a good generation

- - - Updated - - -

How would a sale of Morata even work, considering that Real Madrid has the buyback clause? I am assuming that a percentage of the transfer fee would have to go to RM, and we would need their permission in the first place, I would think.

- - - Updated - - -

For Cavani?

True, but I would think that quality of life would also have to play an important factor as well.
I think if we decide to sell for any amount, madrid can exercise their right to buy him for the fixed 30mil.

They either buy him, or they lose him.

Regardless, this is offcourse pure bs.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Strictly speaking, money would only go to Real Madrid if there is a sell-on clause, which would be entirely separate from the buy-back.

Juve could choose to sell Morata at any time and won't need Real's permission. Of course, Real are entitled to activate their buy-back clause, but they've no rights beyond that.

There's only one way I could imagine this really getting complicated:

Say that Liverpool offer was genuine and there was 60m on the table.

Juve may not want to sell or they may choose to take 60m.

Would Real Madrid sit there and let Juve pocket 60m?

In theory they could sign Morata for 35m (or less, possibly) and then immediately transfer him to Liverpool for 60m and pocket a 25m profit (or they could threaten to do that in order to get a chunk of the transfer fee Liverpool were offering Juve).

In theory, all that would prevent that would be Morata refusing the offers and choosing to stay at Juve.

Juve having a good relationship with Real would make such a scenario pretty unlikely, though.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Strictly speaking, money would only go to Real Madrid if there is a sell-on clause, which would be entirely separate from the buy-back.

Juve could choose to sell Morata at any time and won't need Real's permission. Of course, Real are entitled to activate their buy-back clause, but they've no rights beyond that.

In theory they could sign Morata for 35m (or less, possibly) and then immediately transfer him to Liverpool for 60m and pocket a 25m profit (or they could threaten to do that in order to get a chunk of the transfer fee Liverpool were offering Juve).

In theory, all that would prevent that would be Morata refusing the offers and choosing to stay at Juve.

Juve having a good relationship with Real would make such a scenario pretty unlikely, though.
I am pretty sure the cotract between juve and real, cover most things like that. I think i read that juve and madrid will splitt anything over 30/35m, if another club wants to buy him.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I would sell 2 morattas lol
Why sell a much younger player loaded with potential for a much older one ?

Cause he has a difficult season ?

Cavani is better this season, morata was decisive last season and can be for the next 8 seasons.

Gotto lose a bit of that south american bias mate

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt spend 50 odd million on a 29 yr old Cavani,thats for sure.
Exactly. Lets not forget his consecutive scoring record in the cl last season

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Why sell a much younger player loaded with potential for a much older one ?

Cause he has a difficult season ?

Cavani is better this season, morata was decisive last season and can be for the next 8 seasons.

Gotto lose a bit of that south american bias mate

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Lets not forget his consecutive scoring record in the cl last season
Difficult season or not he has yet to prove himself prolific!
He is a very well rounded forward and is better than Cavani if you look for a player to dribble and create but honestly there are tons of players better than Morata at dribbling and creating... If you look at his main task which is to score you`ll find Cavani to be worth double of Morata`s worth!
Cavani can provide 20+ goals a season Morata might be able to grant us 13 or so.. if he has a good season...
There is no doubt in my mind that Cavani would improve us in a prolific kind of way and it will also be interesting seeing Dybala and Cavani play together - Zamparini will start cheering for us if this was to happen...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

If Real bought Morata for 35now they couldn't sell him until the next window which Pool might not be in the market at that point. They'd have to wait for the next window

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Very difficult question. I can't decide. :confused:
I mean at this point stick with Morata he has heads ahead of him. Isn't cavani on the twilight of his career and will probably start his decline sooner rather than later? How old is Edison now?

- - - Updated - - -

29 is peak for strikers, and you have to stop thinking just because you thought it it's gotta be true mate
Good point mate

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Morata is 23. He already played in 2 CL finale and last year he was a big reason why we got to the final. He is fast, strong, tecnically gifted and last year he was a prolific finisher. We could have the best CF in the World on our hands for the next 5-8 years.
When Cavani was 23 years old he was playing for Palermo. Even though Cavani might be the better attacker right now I cant believe anybody would be ready to sell Morata to fund Cavani.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'd sell Morata and his Mom for Cavani. We hope that morata eventually grows and reaches cavanis level. Having said that, CF is really not the priority now.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Morata is 23. He already played in 2 CL finale and last year he was a big reason why we got to the final. He is fast, strong, tecnically gifted and last year he was a prolific finisher. We could have the best CF in the World on our hands for the next 5-8 years.
When Cavani was 23 years old he was playing for Palermo. Even though Cavani might be the better attacker right now I cant believe anybody would be ready to sell Morata to fund Cavani.
:tup:

I'm big fan of Cavani, but Morata has 7-8 years of great football ahead of him. He showed what he's capable of last term and once he overcomes current slump of form he'll be important player for us and will get lavishly praised again. Dybala and Morata have a potential to form the most lethal attacking partnership in Europe. You just don't score in 5 consecutive CL games (2 times vs Real, Barca, City and Sevilla) by pure luck. The kid is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)