Arturo Vidal (56 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I know people jumped all over him when he said it, but we've sold bigger/better players than Vidal and lived to tell the tale. Its not ideal, its not what I personally want...but it aint the end of the world at all.
This move just looks too forced, whether the player initiated it or the management. Also, it's tricky because it comes at a time when we already lost two really huge stalwarts of the team in Pirlo and Tevez. Add Vidal to that, and we know it's something we could avoid given the season and mercato we've had so far.

I sincerely hope there's a high profile signing to vindicate this and send the right message to the team and the other clubs in Europe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
€35m + bonus :facepalm2: why don't we just bend over while we're at it, here was me thinking last night that we were showing some balls by demanding €45m at least and now we settle for this. If we don't get Goetze, Isco, Reus or Oscar then this move is a failure.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If players push hard to leave you rarely get the offer you want. Maybe he is worth €45m right now considering his recent injury problems. At his peak he was worth €60m+, but he's not that right now, and if he's not happy then the price does come down.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
IF Vidal wanted out, we really had no choice.
When you own the players contract, you always have a choice. Rooney wanted out of Utd. The club made a choice to lock it down. I don't want to go back into that debate, just want to look forward to see if we are actually pursuing Gotze, or a ridiculous move for Draxler?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
If players push hard to leave you rarely get the offer you want. Maybe he is worth €45m right now considering his recent injury problems. At his peak he was worth €60m+, but he's not that right now, and if he's not happy then the price does come down.
:agree:
I don't think he will ever get back to his best but he is still amazing.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'd imagine we could've gotten a bit more out of this deal if he pushed hard. The market is seriously inflated. 40m should've been a bare minimum to be honest.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
When you own the players contract, you always have a choice. Rooney wanted out of Utd. The club made a choice to lock it down. I don't want to go back into that debate, just want to look forward to see if we are actually pursuing Gotze, or a ridiculous move for Draxler?
Rooney was just pushing for a payrise though. United can afford those, we can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)