Arturo Vidal (16 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
See what exactly Baggio?

Everyone thought we were doomed to oblivion when Conte walked out and even worse when we signed Allegri. Remember? We were supposed to miss the CL and back to mid table mediocrity. At least that's what the experds here were not only predicting but guaranteeing would happen. I can pretty much guarantee you were one of the knee-jerking overreacting members here this time last year. So its no surprise the world comes full circle yet again 365 days later another big exit only THIS TIME is going to happen, right? THIS TIME our club takes 3 steps backwards after 1 big step forward.

Stop overreacting you narrow minded knee-jerking second class Juve fans. No player is bigger than the club let alone the other 10 players on the pitch. No one here knows $#@!, just like no one knew $#@! about Tevez leaving and the reasons behind it.

Watching this unfold is like watching a fourth grade class hear the principal on the loud speaker cancel recess because its raining. You would think life as we knew it was ending.

In the meantime, I'm going to sit back and enjoy this soap opera unfold with all of you $#@!ers playing a key role in the drama. Yep. Watching our club continue outpacing in pretty much every aspect the rest of Serie A and looking back this time next year or 2 years from now and bumping up some of these retarded posts will be a blast. You know why I'm going to enjoy it? Because football is made in cycles. We go up, we go down only to go up again.

4 titles and I lost count of how many records we broke and none of you have learned a $#@!ing thing.

Spoiled brats IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and can the mods send an EVAC to Badass because he is probably on suicide watch.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@baggio you've said for the past 3 seasons that we arent going to win the Scudetto. FFS, even without Pirlo/Vidal/Tevez we are (by far) the strongest team in Italy. It's really strange how much you underrate us, and how badly you overrated trash like Milan, Inter and Roma.
Do you really think I underrate this team? Honestly? Let me fix that for you. I have never said for the past 3 seasons that we won't win the scudetto. It is definitely true that I didn't think we would win it last last year. That also not because of the change from Conte to Allegri - iirc I think I said when Allegri came on board that I wouldn't be surprised if we made the CL semis, but couldn't see us retain the scudetto. The reason was for lack of motivation than anything else. And the team went out and did fantastically, but fact is this season, we don't know where the team stands in terms of performance because of so much changing up top and now an important element of midfield being chopped and changed. Too many variables. After moving so intelligently on the market we have gone on to create a bit of a need gap in the team that I hope can be filled with an explosive talent because the grinta will be hard to replace.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The one thing that comforts me...Vidal was out of form most of the season, and we nearly managed a treble. He (especially) wasnt great for us in the CL. Sure you can counter that by saying our best player in the CL was Tevez (which is true).. but I honestly think we've upgraded our overall attacking department.

In term of Vidal going, as we all know our midfield is still stacked. With a proper trequartista and an LB added to the starting 11, we'd be set. The key is how much we make off the sale. Anything under 40M is shocking tho.
Initial numbers from most sources are 35m plus bonuses. Disagree with the sale. And disagree with the numbers even more.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am going to break this down for you a little more simply.

A) Tevez and Pirlo left the club this season. Selling another pillar of the team in this season is not the brightest way forward.

B) Given the inevitability of a Pogba sale, Vidal is the player should have held on to seeing as he is also the one who has been more integral to the teams cause in the last four seasons here. Next year, when Pogba is gone we are building that midfield from scratch around Marchisio.

C) Even if it is the player who asked to be sold here, you don't go and undersell him, especially given that the AM you intend to replace him with is going to cost you a little more on top of revenue you generate.

D) A move like this does not suggest a big club mentality to buying teams and the players on the team as well. You hold on to your best players especially after you come out and say that you will be doing that.

So before you go out and call this knee jerking, look out for the meaning of the word. And don't come about here and tell me that shit happens in cycles. The cycle you are referring to is Tevez and Pirlo leaving. And bringing in new blood. Not selling a 28 year old player in his prime, who is integral to the cause and until a month ago had come out and said he wanted to see out his career at the club. That is not how you renew a cycle when you're aiming to win the CL.

I also fail to understand how it makes a bunch of fans spoiled brats to be against a sale that was absolutely not needed in the first place, while in everybody's own admittance, including Marrotta's, that the Mercato was done and dusted. Clearly, all the titles you're trying to keep a count of, in your mind are solely attributed to the work of the management exclusively. And probably Conte doesn't deserve any credit for it, because hey we won even after he left.

Things go up and down. But you don't bring it upon yourself where it's not needed, especially when you don't operate in certain market conditions, the way we do. Making shrewd moves without buying for big money. Everything is not about the management or the board being right.

Everything is about perspective. Get some, before you come out here and stereotype somebody's opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the likely outcome. Although 35m is not buying us both, only the AM. The Lb probably comes from the Llorente and Isla sales and becomes imperative coz it will mean moving Asa to midfield. And the AM to me should be no less than a Gotze or Isco. Anything less would be seriously underwhelming IMO.
He didn't say it was done and dusted. He said they would evaluate any market "opportunities" that come along. Also, he gave a deadline for the 15th for clubs to make an offer on players otherwise anything beyond that we wouldn't listen because our preseason starts.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Who is this Reshcke guy? Apparently had a big hand to play in the negotiations. And Pep seems to have explicitly identified Arturo for his midfield according to a couple of journo links on TJ.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Btw , I might be right about one thing.

Looks like our project flair and fancy has just kickstarted :rofl:

:beppe:

At the expense of losing the fulcrum of our project grinta and dacdical flow tho :sad:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He didn't say it was done and dusted. He said they would evaluate any market "opportunities" that come along. Also, he gave a deadline for the 15th for clubs to make an offer on players otherwise anything beyond that we wouldn't listen because our preseason starts.
Did he not say our mercato is closed? Didn't he say we won't be selling Vidal and Pogba? If July 15th was the deadline and Barca made an offer, don't you remember we shot it down. That's because we weren't going to sell. Point is, it's not about Beppe. It's about the outlook of the club. I would totally understand this move if we knew Pogba had a future at the club, but he doesn't. And that's the player you should get rid of to start s new cycle. Vidals sale is only going to bring in one AM. Not multiple players like Zizou's sale helped us with (while also accounting for the fact that he wanted out.)That is why I disagree with this move.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
All you people trolling Arsenal fans and spreading garbage around the forum with Vidal leaving for Arsenal...

...irony?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw , I might be right about one thing.

Looks like our project flair and fancy has just kickstarted :rofl:

:beppe:

At the expense of losing the fulcrum of our project grinta and dacdical flow tho :sad:
:D

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Maybe Max thinks we desperately need creativity with Pirlo and Tevez gone.
If this is a technical decision, I can 100% live with this sale, but only if we get a big name in return.
I count Oscar/Isco/Götze/Özil as big names.Anything else would just be a downgrade.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Maybe Max thinks we desperately need creativity with Pirlo and Tevez gone.
If this is a technical decision, I can 100% live with this sale, but only if we get a big name in return.
I count Oscar/Isco/Götze/Özil as big names.Anything else would just be a downgrade.
thats the thing, i didnt want to say that it was his idea :p

anyhoos for me the only viable choices are reus or isco. i dont rate the rest as highly

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
the question nobody wants to ask, whats allegris take in all of this? pretty sure conte would lose his shit in this situation
Yup.

I wonder how much of a say he has in all this. Vidal might've asked to leave? He seemed fine at Juve though. Maybe Allegri wants that #10 really badly?

Bit of an awkward situation overall and we'll have to see whether this actually happens and who we get before we hit meltdown-mode, but it's quite a big change all in one summer to lose Pirlo, Tevez and Vidal. We did, thankfully, bring in Khedira and Mandzukic who are both pretty much guarantees to perform at a certain level. We really need Dybala to explode/show up though.

I wonder who we bring in, but I'm slightly nervous about this in all honesty.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27,178
    Few questions that I don't really get:

1- Is Vidal worth only 35-40m? (Looking at the market prices and players)
    2- Vidal just before Copa America said he is literally happy and his wife and boy love and are happy in Turin, what's with the decision now?
    3- If Vidal is sold, do you really think Osar, Gotze or the names mentioned could fill his shoes? I personally doubt.
    4- If this is not Vidal's decision then this has to be the worst decision taken since Del Piero's story.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    the question nobody wants to ask, whats allegris take in all of this? pretty sure conte would lose his shit in this situation
    We can only wonder, but selling Vidal might be his response for Pirlo departure. We needed creativity and with the new AM we will get it.
    TBH 2 years ago I would be really mad with this sale but now im just little worried. He wasn't so crucial for us anymore and if his sale means we can get better then Im all for it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Yup.

I wonder how much of a say he has in all this. Vidal might've asked to leave? He seemed fine at Juve though. Maybe Allegri wants that #10 really badly?

Bit of an awkward situation overall and we'll have to see whether this actually happens and who we get before we hit meltdown-mode, but it's quite a big change all in one summer to lose Pirlo, Tevez and Vidal. We did, thankfully, bring in Khedira and Mandzukic who are both pretty much guarantees to perform at a certain level. We really need Dybala to explode/show up though.

I wonder who we bring in, but I'm slightly nervous about this in all honesty.

tell you what i know bonucci is shitting his pants right now :D

- - - Updated - - -

We can only wonder, but selling Vidal might be his response for Pirlo departure. We needed creativity and with the new AM we will get it.
    TBH 2 years ago I would be really mad with this sale but now im just little worried. He wasn't so crucial for us anymore and if his sale means we can get better then Im all for it.
    instrumental offensively, maybe not; but defensively he was the same vidal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)