Arthur (27 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
As long as he sticks to giving it away in the opponent's half instead of ours
but you just know that he doesn't.

today he wasn't replaced because we had nobody to replace him. he got tired after 50 minutes.

yeah, loca is obviously better @ b2b. i used to think we made a good choice with kulu over tonali and look at us now.

- - - Updated - - -

send HIM to Cremonese
i see what you did here

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

today he wasn't replaced because we had nobody to replace him. he got tired after 50 minutes.

yeah, loca is obviously better @ b2b. i used to think we made a good choice with kulu over tonali and look at us now.
I did as well.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Two things have become clear

1. Loca plays better further up
2. Arthur is not the long term regista of this club

The amount of runs and relatively basic progressive passes he missed today was infuriating. The only regista quality he possesses is the ability to hold the ball, but he’s clueless on dictating pace (ie running in circles with the ball) and doesn’t offer much defensively.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Two things have become clear

1. Loca plays better further up
2. Arthur is not the long term regista of this club

The amount of runs and relatively basic progressive passes he missed today was infuriating. The only regista quality he possesses is the ability to hold the ball, but he’s clueless on dictating pace (ie running in circles with the ball) and doesn’t offer much defensively.
3. Rovella

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yup.
I am especially frustrated how illiterate he is in reading the pitch. A playmaker should have eyes at the back of his head and on the sides, but this guy is like an one-eyed pirate. Especially when we defend.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This obsession with the regista position has to stop. We need to play functional and dynamic football - Arturd prevents that from happening by being slow and passing the ball sideways more than driving forward. He is the new sideways pass merchant.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He's been a starter up until recently, no idea what happened
He’s dealt with a muscle injury since December. Then picked up a thigh injury in January, probably from compensating. This is a guy that was leading serie A in minutes before going down, so im guessing its a case of working his way back to being able to play 90 minutes.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

i see what you did here
I still think Kulu is extemely talented and he will shine with Tottenham. He just didnt fit in with us and it happens. If we dont buy anyone we wont make mistakes but wont get stronger either.
Tonali in hindsight would have been very good as he is a hard worker and quite good defensively.

As for Arthur - He played ok IMO but he is just playing it sideways many times when there is a need to push forward.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't get why people shit on him, he has improved lately. We work with what we have.
Yeah, we have to.
I am shocked of the defensive (un)awareness of some of our midfielders, and by some I mean Rabiot and Arthur. Rabiot didn't follow Villarreal's mids movement for at least 3-4 times during that match, and one time it cost us dearly. I paid special attention to Arthur's movement against Spezia, and he was doing all the wrong things.
I can't find many examples in the highlights, but I have one at 2:44 in the video below.
Just watch how he needlessly runs sideways and lets the mid who was running right behind him make a free run into our box.
I'm sure that Allegri hates this and he tries to explain these basics to Rabiot and Arthur, but they just don't seem to understand.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Yeah, I know what you mean and I completely agree. I doubt Arthur had defensive duties at Barca but I was expecting more from Rabiot tbh. I just wish we had a real defensive midfielder in the squad. Maybe Zak will provide that for us. Tired of trying each week a different regista. Give me a Makelele.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, I know what you mean and I completely agree. I doubt Arthur had defensive duties at Barca but I was expecting more from Rabiot tbh. I just wish we had a real defensive midfielder in the squad. Maybe Zak will provide that for us. Tired of trying each week a different regista. Give me a Makelele.
Yeah, this whole regista thing is fricking annoying, too. Just sit Zakaria in front of the defense and give Loca more freedom to roam. The stubbornness of Allegri to try anything different is just silly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)