Arthur (8 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He finally gets some constant playing time and he is starting to gel with Loca. Funny thing is that Allegri is actually forced to play him due to the injuries, but it seems that injuries helped him establish a midfield. Now just move Loca to the left and play Zakaria in the right once he is back

Arturn

Mar 11, 2022
Welcome

Finally someone who can defend Arthur with me
Hello!

i get that, after your decade of dominance, you were used to midfielders from the ilk of Pirlo, Pogba and Pjanic who were all a lot more progressive on the ball, and Arthur falls short of them in that regard, but his shortcomings there don't negate the positives he brings to a team.

His ability to instil a sense of calmness and composure due to his general press resistance gives your team a great foundation to build on.
Hello, friend!
PSG needs him more than we do
lol. They could've at least kept the ball under pressure with him, but at least they have verratti still. If Juventus didn't have Arthur then you wouldn't have a midfielder capable of instilling composure to the team, which you have benefited from every time he's started.

I hope he repeats the Barcelona and Porto games and helps your team qualify.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Hello!

i get that, after your decade of dominance, you were used to midfielders from the ilk of Pirlo, Pogba and Pjanic who were all a lot more progressive on the ball, and Arthur falls short of them in that regard, but his shortcomings there don't negate the positives he brings to a team.

His ability to instil a sense of calmness and composure due to his general press resistance gives your team a great foundation to build on.

Hello, friend!

lol. They could've at least kept the ball under pressure with him, but at least they have verratti still. If Juventus didn't have Arthur then you wouldn't have a midfielder capable of instilling composure to the team, which you have benefited from every time he's started.

I hope he repeats the Barcelona and Porto games and helps your team qualify.
They might not, for now because the rest of our midfield is incapable. Still, I'd sell him every day of the fcking week to add a real regista or CDM.

But truth be told, he was really good last night.

Last edited:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Almost the whole forum said this guy was useless and were laughing when someone said that he might turn good. How can so many be so wrong. Especially that "X Æ A" dude went all in and will now have a hard time trying to save face.

I said it last year, our winning % is much higher when Arthur plays or comes on. He has a football brain, however unlikable and annoying he might seem.

- - - Updated - - -

They might not, for now because the rest of our midfield is incapable. Still, I'd sell him every day of the fcking week to add a real regista or CDM.
"real regista" lol. Thats some italian dinosaur tactics right there.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Almost the whole forum said this guy was useless and were laughing when someone said that he might turn good. How can so many be so wrong. Especially that "X Æ A" dude went all in and will now have a hard time trying to save face.

I said it last year, our winning % is much higher when Arthur plays or comes on. He has a football brain, however unlikable and annoying he might seem.

- - - Updated - - -

"real regista" lol. Thats some italian dinosaur tactics right there.
Thank you, Italians do it better.

Him playing 5 good games after almost 2 years now is not quite the same as "turning good". If we have the chance to sell him permanently without a loss, he'll be gone.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Thank you, Italians do it better.

Him playing 5 good games after almost 2 years now is not quite the same as "turning good". If we have the chance to sell him permanently without a loss, he'll be gone.
:lol: 5 games. How many good games have the rest of the team played then.

If we can sell Arthur without a loss, then that would be a huge surplus in total, as we got him for dead-horse Pjanic + 10M.
So if we can sell him for 50-70M, which is likely if he keeps his form going, that would be absolutely fantastic yes, I agree.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
:lol: 5 games. How many good games have the rest of the team played then.

If we can sell Arthur without a loss, then that would be a huge surplus in total, as we got him for dead-horse Pjanic + 10M.
So if we can sell him for 50-70M, which is likely if he keeps his form going, that would be absolutely fantastic yes, I agree.
That's what I said, goofy. He needs to start now because the rest is incompetent.

But that's not enough. So let's buy some real midfielders this summer who don't leave gaping holes in midfield just because they can hold on to the ball.

His value is 43 million at the end of the season. Not 50-70 mil. And I'm afraid it's still unlikely some dumbass will pay that kind of money for him. Maybe we can offer PSG a friendly package with Kean. Or maybe Arsenal.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
That's what I said, goofy. He needs to start now because the rest is incompetent.

But that's not enough. So let's buy some real midfielders this summer who don't leave gaping holes in midfield just because they can hold on to the ball.
How many do you need genius?
Allegri already got Locatelli and Zakaria. How many more and who, so that we can finally bench the piece of shit that is Arthurd?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
How many do you need genius?
Allegri already got Locatelli and Zakaria. How many more and who, so that we can finally bench the piece of shit that is Arthurd?
Zakaria hasn't even played 5 full games for us. The jury is still out on him.

Locatelli is obviously a superior player for me overall but he needs to play more advanced.

Give me someone that actually ups the tempo on the ball instead of slowing it down. Maybe someone who can spread play, launch a striker or actually plays a long ball once in a decade.

I'll leave exciting names to the management but I'd even take Jorginho with Rovella behind him and pocket the extra 20 million in cash to spend elsewhere.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Zakaria hasn't even played 5 full games for us. The jury is still out on him.

Locatelli is obviously a superior player for me overall but he needs to play more advanced.

Give me someone that actually ups the tempo on the ball instead of slowing it down. Maybe someone who can spread play, launch a striker or actually plays a long ball once in a decade.

I'll leave exciting names to the management but I'd even take Jorginho with Rovella behind him and pocket the extra 20 million in cash to spend elsewhere.
Fagjinho can stay where he is unless he is coming for free.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Our best midfield has Arthur and Locatelli starting together.

It's to great to finally see them get a run
Our best mid will be be:
Defence
Arthur
Zakaria Loca
They just need to gel together, Arthur for me was really good last games, at Genoa he dictated tempo quite well. One, minor for me, mistake can't hinder it.
To the guys saying he did first 3 good games after 2 years, please remind me how many chances did he really get here? One with Pirlo before injury when he was doing even better than yesterday.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Our best mid will be be:
Defence
Arthur
Zakaria Loca
They just need to gel together, Arthur for me was really good last games, at Genoa he dictated tempo quite well. One, minor for me, mistake can't hinder it.
To the guys saying he did first 3 good games after 2 years, please remind me how many chances did he really get here? One with Pirlo before injury when he was doing even better than yesterday.
He got enough of them when he was actually fit. And he was indeed doing fine under Pirlo for a couple of games 'till he got injured.

He's fit and fresh now compared to others. One might even say that's well managed. He more than deserves to start now but let's face it; he's incapable of speeding up the tempo.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
The procedure he went through shaved off a freaking bone of his foot that ought to slow you down. I'm glad with his recovery and the will to perform not only in but off possession too.

Jun 16, 2020
He got enough of them when he was actually fit. And he was indeed doing fine under Pirlo for a couple of games 'till he got injured.

He's fit and fresh now compared to others. One might even say that's well managed. He more than deserves to start now but let's face it; he's incapable of speeding up the tempo.
I think he handled quite fast yesterday, but the lack of cross passes is certainly a downside. In general he passed quite fast and has less touches then before. Somehow there’s this stigma around him but I think this Arthur playing without a injury is someone else compared to the player we saw under Pirlo. As Allegri said post match; Arthur stood still for 6 months due to that injury.

What I like is his shielding of the ball and compared to Pjanic he actually dribbles past his markers.

But mostly happy that we see Loca - Arthur playing together finally. That took some time.

- - - Updated - - -

@Robee what are these kind of injuries?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)