Arthur (107 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I can live with him a bit higher up as long as Loca and Benta are on the pitch. This trio seems like the best option right now to me - that is as long as we're talking about 3-man midfield. I guess Allegri will like Rabiot more once he comes back.

Arthur as a holding mid is not good enough defensively I'm afraid. He doesn't even position himself well enough to intercept some balls or at least block passing lanes.

Hopefully he improves with time, the season is long, we can't play 2 CMs for 90 minutes for the whole season.
He’s not a holding mid though. Pirlo had him playing out of position. He was a Mezzala at Barca and that’s where Allegri has been playing him primarily.

edit: read your post wrong. Ignore

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Had a good moment when he tried to find that run of Cuads, but other than that not really good. He should play as a mezzala off the bench, but he needs to play consistently if we want to sell for book value. Tough dilemma

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
give hime time to get back to full fitness.

trust in allegri to turn him into a useful player. he did that for players like matuidi and khedira who had less technical skills on ball

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Just dreadful.

Gets a stupid yellow right away, then gets overrun by Malcom time and time again to the point Max had to move Bentancur in the middle and him wider.

Not an ounce of creativity in him, just dribble around himself and pass backwards.

God help us if he ever has to play anything more than a last 15 minutes sub against Chievo at home
You just listened to the match and didn't watch, right? I believe that pass to Cuads was a pound of creativity? And how about storming upfield and hitting Morata for a distanced shot? And his foul was the result of a Bentancur screwup. Well two screwups, first back passing to the guy Arthur eventually fouled and Bent not being able to stop the guy after passing it to him. Players have off matches so no worries, this wasn't your best posting day.

Jun 6, 2015
give hime time to get back to full fitness.

trust in allegri to turn him into a useful player. he did that for players like matuidi and khedira who had less technical skills on ball
Those guys had much more skill off the ball though, so for ≈95% of the game they were much more useful than Arthur can ever be.

Jun 6, 2015
If just we had you as our director of sport + coach. Everything would be so simple, right?
I seriously doubt that.

- - - Updated - - -

this thread is gonna pivot by the end of the season imo. Wasn’t even an Arthur fan last year but I see a different guy this season. I think we’ll see his value once he gets to start games.
Yeah it's still very early with him. He just came back from a long injury so will naturally take some time before we'll see what he can bring to this team.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We need some flair and finesse in our midfield, can't have 3 big midfielders out there all the time. He should be fine together with Locatelli and Benta for now.

Apr 19, 2007
Bottom line is that he can't defend, so there is no way he will ever be a regular starter in any midfield position under Allegri.
We need to cut our losses and move on.
Bottom line is that he can't defend, so there is no way he will ever be a regular starter in any midfield position under Allegri.
We need to cut our losses and move on.
I disagree. He could become useful if he can control the pace of the game well similar to Pjanic or Pirlo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)