Arthur (101 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I thought he had a decent little cameo off the bench. Really kept possession well for the most part and we were able to stop Roma from completely monopolising the ball like they had been prior to him coming on the field.
:agree: I prefer it this way instead of throwing in 3rd CB to bunker the goal. This squad ain't cut for that shit anymore.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Barca fans did compare him to Iniesta who plays further up the pitch and not Xavi(or Pirlo). I'm really a fan of his, hopefully he can stay healthy.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I like it. Makes more sense than him playing as regista and, now that CR7 is no longer a constant defensive black hole on the LW, we can afford to play Arthur as LCM instead of a matuidi esque figure.

He is certainly no regista so might as well try him there.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Loved the one finesse pass to Cuads. Guy can't defend but seems he has that quality passing DNA that most don't possess. Can he be our Verratti or close to it type player?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Just dreadful.

Gets a stupid yellow right away, then gets overrun by Malcom time and time again to the point Max had to move Bentancur in the middle and him wider.

Not an ounce of creativity in him, just dribble around himself and pass backwards.

God help us if he ever has to play anything more than a last 15 minutes sub against Chievo at home

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
that yellow card is is on bentancur and his dumb no need backwards pass that resulted in a zenit counter attack. arthur is not a fast player, tackle was safest choice in that instance

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I can live with him a bit higher up as long as Loca and Benta are on the pitch. This trio seems like the best option right now to me - that is as long as we're talking about 3-man midfield. I guess Allegri will like Rabiot more once he comes back.

Arthur as a holding mid is not good enough defensively I'm afraid. He doesn't even position himself well enough to intercept some balls or at least block passing lanes.

Hopefully he improves with time, the season is long, we can't play 2 CMs for 90 minutes for the whole season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)