Arthur - CM - Barcelona (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
why are you surprised that a 23 year old is getting a pay rise, its only natural with his progression right?

- - - Updated - - -

If I had a choice between swapping Pjanic for paredes/Jorginho or Arthur its a no brainer.
Stupid transfer if all the rumoured wage, transfer value +15 m is true. It's like us who desperately want him, even tripped his salary and add some transfer money. I dont understand how we or Barca valuing each player.

If people judge Arthur from his Gremio days. It's 2 season ago and how many Brazilian who success in Brazillian League but cant translate it to Europe. If it based 2 season ago, people should judge Pjanic based on 2 seasons ago and even last season. He is key player for us, A winner and already understand Italian Football. I know he is not so good now but It could be the problem of the tactics or Sarri system for him. But still we shouldnt let Barca ask more money or triple Arthur salary. If so, it would be a big risk to us.
Even Arthur has upside and young age, if he is not exceptional, later we will find difficulty to offload him

And If the goal for this transfer is to balance the book on paper. But in reality we gives Barca 15m and not getting reduced in Player's salary. I dont understand how it could be good for us

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur could be our De Sciglio of midfield
Its better to have Pjanic who is avalaible to play rather than player who spend days in treatment table

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Thanks for the info. So we can postpone for one year, but next summer we will need to take him back or overpay when buying Udinese player. Sadly I don't see anyone on Udinese team are useful or have potential to be great. :sad:
Rodrigo De Paul, quality box-to-box midfielder who impressed me at the Copa America

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
he used to play on the left wing for udinese, but he's being used mainly as a cm this season. it suits him better, he's not fast enough for a typical winger anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

on tuz, everyone is a financial/accountancy experd already, but in case someone's not, this might be a useful thread:

Last edited:

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
he used to play on the left wing for udinese, but he's being used mainly as a cm this season. it suits him better, he's not fast enough for a typical winger anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

on tuz, everyone is a financial/accountancy experd already, but in case someone's not, this might be a useful thread:
We paid 32M for Pjanic. He paid 3M out of his pocket and in return we gave him a higher salary than anticipated, otherwise this is spot on.
These types of deals -albeit cosmetic and have long term negative effects on our budget- are essential as long as we are paying Cr7's monstrous salary. It allows us, alongside the pay cuts the players took, to undergo a normalish mercato and get a couple of good to great acquisitions: a midfielder and an attacker

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Stupid transfer if all the rumoured wage, transfer value +15 m is true. It's like us who desperately want him, even tripped his salary and add some transfer money. I dont understand how we or Barca valuing each player.

If people judge Arthur from his Gremio days. It's 2 season ago and how many Brazilian who success in Brazillian League but cant translate it to Europe. If it based 2 season ago, people should judge Pjanic based on 2 seasons ago and even last season. He is key player for us, A winner and already understand Italian Football. I know he is not so good now but It could be the problem of the tactics or Sarri system for him. But still we shouldnt let Barca ask more money or triple Arthur salary. If so, it would be a big risk to us.
Even Arthur has upside and young age, if he is not exceptional, later we will find difficulty to offload him

And If the goal for this transfer is to balance the book on paper. But in reality we gives Barca 15m and not getting reduced in Player's salary. I dont understand how it could be good for us

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur could be our De Sciglio of midfield
Its better to have Pjanic who is avalaible to play rather than player who spend days in treatment table
:lol: especially that last part. Might as well say veratti is also the de sciglio of midfield too

Last edited:

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Is it clear to anyone what has caused the clear deterioration in Pjanic’s form in 2020?

I assume it is connected Sarri. I cannot see, or theorise, why his performances have plummeted this season.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Not that it makes a diff. I believe Pjanic can play on both sides. Usually right footed mids can esp creative ones or mezzalas.

Sucked as mezzala for us in first half season but don't think it had anything to do with playing on left. Did well as mediano on left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)