Are we keeping the loaned players (ie have we already bought them) - poll please (1 Viewer)

Should Zlatan keep all our loaned players?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, as long as he keeps Motta off of the pitch as well

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Because we're always discussing in various threads whether the loans and options we have on the loaned players are real loans or if we have promised to buy them, I thought it would be good to have one thread where we can discuss it.

Therefore, this is not a thread about who you think we should keep, but whether you think we will keep them because we have made such a promise to their clubs (basically meaning that the loans are not real loans). Have we already bought them making the option purely formal?

Here I'm primarily talking about Pepe, Matri and Quag, whose loans are, IMO, not real loans but proper transfers just formally called loans. COuld the mods add a poll please?

I'll copy my post from another thread arguing that they are not real loans.

Alen (and myself) have been saying for months: we're definitely keeping almost all of them.

The thing is that these are not real loans. You loan with an option to buy usually players who are not playing in their clubs, who have been relegated to the bench and are not in the first team plans, who are in poor form or were injured, and who are not crucial to the club's future. Thats why they are letting them go on loan in the first place, because they don need them but nobody is willing to take the chance to buy them outright. They are usually done with a small or no initial fee. IMO, thats what real loan deals are usually for. We have only two of those: Aquilani and Motta.

All the other players we got on loan were first team players, integral parts of their teams. Quag played 34 Serie A games last year. Pepe played 45 games for Napoli. Matri played over 20 games for cagliari this season and was their best scorer. Those are not the players you allow to go on a real loan, because they're an important part of the team. YOu either keep them, or you sell them and replace them with someone else. It makes no sense loaning them if you do not for sure that they will stay in the new club. Because if you have replaced them you need to sell them anyway after they have returned from loan and if you havent then you're missing a player in the squad. Either way, it makes 0% sense loaning them and not knowing where they'll be next season.

take Matri for example. He was Cagliari's best scorer this season, and, AFAIK, after we bought him they didnt bring anyone else to replace him. What sense would it make for Cagliari to loan their best player for half a season for just 2 mil €? They lose their best striker when they're fighting to stay in Serie A, they dont get enough money to replace him. What exactly do they get out of the deal? Because if it's just a loan they'd lose him for half a season basically for free and get him back next season, without gaining anything. Now, they might be a small club, but I doubt their management is completely retarded.

Thats why the three above players are not real loans. They have been signed. The loans are just formal, for financial or other reasons, and Marotta has promised (or made a gentleman's agreement, whatever you want to call it) to buy them. The only way not to buy them would be for Marotta to break his čpromise given to the other clubs, and that wont happen.

First, who would want to deal with us again after they see we do not keep our word and are basically screwing them over? We'd have much more difficulty negotiating for players in Serie A, and we all know thats our main market for new players. Secondly, if marotta did break his promise, he personally would be unemployable. Who'd want to work with him? And if they did work with him, everyone would be extra careful demanding securities from his club, meaning the deal would be done on unfavourable terms to his club. If he cant work properly nobody will employ him, and I doubt he'd let that happen.

Serie A is a closed society, 20 clubs, 20 GM's and presidents, you need to be on good personal terms with them and you need to keep your word and fulfill your promises.

Therefore, it's 99% clear that Quag, Matri and Pepe are staying next season and please lets stop fooling ourselves (and others) that they are just loan deals and that we do not have to take the options, because we clearly do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Thing is we paid the clubs for the loan to release those players Zlatan. We did'nt just get the player for free. They're not real transfer and we have no obligation to sign them.

With your logic Liverpool would expect us to pay for Aquilani considering they gave him us for free. Udinese expecting us to sign Motta and Napoli expecting us to sign Rinaudo.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Thing is we paid the clubs for the loan to release those players Zlatan. We did'nt just get the player for free. They're not real transfer and we have no obligation to sign them.

With your logic Liverpool would expect us to pay for Aquilani considering they gave him us for free. Udinese expecting us to sign Motta and Napoli expecting us to sign Rinaudo.

I explained this to you in the other thread, but since this is the one supposd to be used for this I'll repeat myself.

In real loans you dnt have to buy the players, the option is only an option. They are usually used or players who are not a part of the lubs plans, because of injuries, poor form, change of coach, etc. Exactly the position of Aquilani, Motta, and Rinaudo. They are reall loans which we do not have to buy.

The players who are not really on loan (who we have already bought) are Quag, Matri and Pepe. They were all key players in their clubs. The money we paid for the loans only are not enough to replace them (as key players) properly. Is 2 mil € really enough for CAlgiari to let their best players on loan? Really?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    We have bought them. No question or doubt about it, if you think about it, this method enables us with having four installments instead of the three which is a rule in Serie A. But I've been saying this since early November. Pepe's case might a prime example of it; instead of 3,33M times three we pay 2,5M times four.

Dont know if it is financially better though..

Motta, aquilani, rinaudo are real loans imo.

Apr 15, 2006
    I'm pretty sure Motta and Rinaudo will be sent back at the end of the loan. This is a good thing, as we won't be stuck them with paperweights in the same way we're stuck with Almiron and Tiago.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    I agree what your saying Zlatan and I too do think we have signed Quag, Pepe and Matri though what put the doubt in my mind was the other day when Secco says he thinks that Marotta will only take up the option to sign Quag.

Being a former DS would he not be aware that such an agreement most probably took place and that we have already signed them all or does he know and didn't want to reveal our transfer plans.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    How do you explain De Laurentis' words: "If Juve want to keep Quagliarella, they'll have to settle to the agreed price?"

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    I vaguely recall the situation with Quagiarella...in that he was told by the manager that he would not be a guaranteed starter (not part of first team plans then). And I think that comment by de Laurentis was in response to a journalist, suggesting rumours of Marotta seeking a discount due to the injury...

the only 'loan' we made which I see as a definite purchase, is Matri. Becsause cagliari took a large risk in letting their main striker leave on the last day of the transfer window, mid season. Udinese had other plans, as did Napoli, as did Liverpool. I don't see any of the players we loaned, as definite first team starters for the clubs we loaned them from, aside from Matri.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    How do you explain De Laurentis' words: "If Juve want to keep Quagliarella, they'll have to settle to the agreed price?"
    The Quag case is a special one, if you ask me.

I am quite certain that we "bought" him a few months ago & agreed with Napoli that we would pay (more or less) the agreed price. However, the injury has completely changed the situation.
    From our side we'll approach Napoli saying that we still want to honour our agreement, but not at the determined price since we are now dealing with potentially "damaged goods". Napoli on the other hand won't budge either, at first, because they know Marotta will try his best to avoid going back on earlier agreements (for obvious reasons).

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    So each of the loans are special in their way?

I don't buy any of this to be honest. They would not do deals and announce them otherwise, the deals are loans with option to buy and that only means loans with options to buy.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    The Borriello situation at Roma is what Zlatan is making these deals out to be and our press releases and Romas are very different.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    The Borriello situation at Roma is what Zlatan is making these deals out to be and our press releases and Romas are very different.

You mean like Marotta telling Quag not to worry, and Matri writing a farewell letter to the Cagliari gans?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    So each of the loans are special in their way?

I don't buy any of this to be honest. They would not do deals and announce them otherwise, the deals are loans with option to buy and that only means loans with options to buy.

No, Matri, Qiag and Pepe are in one category, while Motta, Aqua and Rinaudo are in another.

Quag is only a bit different because of his serious injury.

Anyways, I'm 100% sure that Matri, Quag and Pepe will be with us next season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    There are two ways to explain it:

1. Juve got Quag on a 1 year loan for 4.5m eur with rights to buy him for 10.5m eur. It's a simple loan with rights to buy. Juve might buy him or might decide not to buy him. If we want to buy him then De Laurentis is telling us that we can do it only for the previously agreed price.

2. Juve bought Quag but in order to make it a 4 installments payment instead of the legal 3 installments, we took advantage of a loop hole that allows teams to loan someone and buy him after a year, thus pay for the player in 4 installments instead of 3. Now, legally Quag is only on loan, but the agreement between the owners is that it's a purchase. In this case De Laurentis is doing us a favor. But Juve can play dirty and decide not to respect the verbal agreement and simply not buy Quag. This gives us an edge in trying to negotiate a better deal. But De Laurentis doesn't even think about doing it and he reminds us that everything was agreed and we shouldn't try to play dirty.

Which one of these two options is the real one, I don't know.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    There are two ways to explain it:

1. Juve got Quag on a 1 year loan for 4.5m eur with rights to buy him for 10.5m eur. It's a simple loan with rights to buy. Juve might buy him or might decide not to buy him. If we want to buy him then De Laurentis is telling us that we can do it only for the previously agreed price.

2. Juve bought Quag but in order to make it a 4 installments payment instead of the legal 3 installments, we took advantage of a loop hole that allows teams to loan someone and buy him after a year, thus pay for the player in 4 installments instead of 3. Now, legally Quag is only on loan, but the agreement between the owners is that it's a purchase. In this case De Laurentis is doing us a favor. But Juve can play dirty and decide not to respect the verbal agreement and simply not buy Quag. This gives us an edge in trying to negotiate a better deal. But De Laurentis doesn't even think about doing it and he reminds us that everything was agreed and we shouldn't try to play dirty.

Which one of these two options is the real one, I don't know.
    How do you know that? or how anyone can know that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)