Any of you writers? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #24
    A CV isn't just about relative career experience - its about expressing who you are. Being a frequently published writer in your free time demonstrates a lot about your character and abilities and shows that you are able to work, and that you can string a sentence together - anything to put you above the other 200 people that have applied for the same job. Or you can be arrogant dicks about it.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    A CV isn't just about relative career experience - its about expressing who you are. Being a frequently published writer in your free time demonstrates a lot about your character and abilities and shows that you are able to work, and that you can string a sentence together - anything to put you above the other 200 people that have applied for the same job. Or you can be arrogant dicks about it.
    Due to my technocratic nature this is all gibberish. Care to explain it in a way a simple number cruncher like me can understand?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Where did anyone disagree about that? Or you just wanted to squeeze in "being a dick about" out of nowhere?

Aameer

May 6, 2012
    This sounds like a great opportunity but unfortunately, I don't think I would be the right person for it. The only publishing experience I've had is in the science field so the writing style is too different...and dull.

Thank you for telling us about it and hopefully somebody here will go on and write for them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    This sounds like a great opportunity but unfortunately, I don't think I would be the right person for it. The only publishing experience I've had is in the science field so the writing style is too different...and dull.

Thank you for telling us about it and hopefully somebody here will go on and write for them.
    I don't think writing styles necessarily apply if you have enough passion and belief in what you want to say, I studied History for a while because English Literally and language was fully subscribed at the time and that is a different writing style to any type of journalism which was a field i wanted to get into prior to taking up Hospitality and Tourism management at Uni. It is always good to read other people's work that way you pick up styles a lot quicker, and even if you dislike the writer's style be critically as to why you hate his style and try and improve on that.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

Come on.

If Badass can do it, anyone can.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Yo, I started writing for Forza Italian Football, CV building alongside my press work in my job. They are still after more writers, check here: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2012/11/writers-wanted-at-forza-italian-football-apply-within/ for more info about it. I'm not trying to be condescending, but this stuff does help your CV, especially if you are at uni/leaving uni,,i got my job because i wrote a newspaper column when i was 15-19.

If a mod wants to move this feel free.

Peace yo! :claire:
    You utilized the word/term YO twice and want to be taken seriously as a writer. Come on Yo...

Time to get a real job

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)