Antonio Conte (54 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Are we? Even Marotta wasn't able to keep the mess under the carpet for inda. Conte is a my way or highway type of person, so if a couple of too many things don't go too well for him, it might be an even bigger mess. Inda still has to comply with FFP and they'll lose shitload of money on Icardi. They have no other assets to cash in, too.

Icardi and Perisic out for less than 100m is a disaster for them.

If we don't strengthen, they could have a chance. Otherwise, we'll be fine.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Conte "Why hasn't Juve won the CL with me or Allegri? Two totally different cycles. I took a Juve which wasn't a protagonist & that had disappeared from the CL. We had good players but with little CL experience. Today, Juve's structure puts them among the top 3-4 in the world."

Conte "Returning to Juventus to fulfill my promise? Marriages require the consent of both sides. I think Juventus started a path & they're very happy with Allegri, who has surely continued the job & is doing very well. Then again, you never know what tomorrow brings.

Conte "I feel indebted to (Andrea) Agnelli. I had made him a promise & told him: it will take time, but the objective is to bring Juventus back to the top of the world. And I wasn't able to fulfill it."

Bring him back

- - - Updated - - -

Conte "Juve was coming from a difficult period, and we had to do a clean sweep. Fabio Paratici helped me a lot with this task. The squad was good but Fabio warned me: there are issues, especially with that sense of belonging which is important to you. And he was right"

Doesnt even mention Marotta in his interview

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He took a couple of shots at Allegri in that interview too lol. Said he thinks the suggestion that tactics/formations mean little in football is ludicrous and the notion that a manager should do as less damage as possible is BS.

Almost sounded like he’s auditioning for the role to coach us again.

Jan 22, 2016
He is way more mature as a coach right now. His stubbornness about sticking to just one formation isn't true at all. Changed Chelsea's formations numerous times until it clicked and they started destroying teams on their way.

His spell at Atzurri was amazing too. Made Spain his bitch with a below average squad.

And his training methods are fantastic. No more stupid muscle injuries and tiredness at 60th minutes.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He's the exact same stubborn mule as he always was. Today he talked again about 352 becoming Juve's identity when he was here (when it was clear as day we needed a change from that), record 102 points (cost us EL final at our stadium), took jabs at Allegri at least three times, said he never coached a top team ready for CL contention, he said he needs to be in charge, he needs guarantees etc etc.

He's repeating the same things as always, taking no responsibility, admitting no mistake.

Jan 22, 2016
He's the exact same stubborn mule as he always was. Today he talked again about 352 becoming Juve's identity when he was here (when it was clear as day we needed a change from that), record 102 points (cost us EL final at our stadium), took jabs at Allegri at least three times, said he never coached a top team ready for CL contention, he said he needs to be in charge, he needs guarantees etc etc.

He's repeating the same things as always, taking no responsibility, admitting no mistake.
That was the best possible formation Juve could play with that sets of players.

He gave life to finished players like Pirlo and Barzagli and made them best players in world in their position.

He made Vucinic looks like a better player than current Dybala who is 3 times more talented.

Our bench was shit and lack of talented players were obvious.
He got the most of out his squad and built an empire that no one could even touch it after 8 years.

I hate it when people talk about Conte like he was some Del neri or Ferara. He is fucking legend that brought us back from aches.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

He gave life to finished players like Pirlo and Barzagli and made them best players in world in their position.

He made Vucinic looks like a better player than current Dybala who is 3 times more talented.

He got the most of out his squad and built an empire that no one could even touch it after 8 years.

I hate it when people talk about Conte like he was some Del neri or Ferara. He is fucking legend that brought us back from aches.
- No it wasn't. We needed a change from 3 at the back badly. We looked great vs RM in 4-3-3 and he never tried it again. Allegri changed the formation next year with the exact same players
- True, but what does that have to do with anything? Allegri gave life to Evra, Khedira. It's more the Juve environment and new motivation than anything
- No he didn't lol. Vucinic was good, served his purpose, but was never anything more than an above average, solid Serie A player
- Hold your horses with the 'empire'. There's only 3 players on this team he coached. He brought us back from the dead together with Marotta and Paratici, but again, what does that have to do with what you said originally and my reply later?

Where did I talk about him in that way? Where did I say he's not a legend?

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016

Ofc he is a legend. Still don't want him back.

Jan 22, 2016
- No it wasn't. We needed a change from 3 at the back badly. We looked great vs RM in 4-3-3 and he never tried it again. Allegri changed the formation next year with the exact same players
- True, but what does that have to do with anything? Allegri gave life to Evra, Khedira. It's more the Juve environment and new motivation than anything
- No he didn't lol. Vucinic was good, served his purpose, but was never anything more than an above average, solid Serie A player
- Hold your horses with the 'empire'. There's only 3 players on this team he coached. He brought us back from the dead together with Marotta and Paratici, but again, what does that have to do with what you said originally and my reply later?

Where did I talk about him in that way? Where did I say he's not a legend?
One game doesn't mean anything. In that game Marchisio played as a right winger.

How come Marchisio can play right winger the whole season?

His subs were fucking Giacherini, Padion, Isla, Peluso, Osvaldo and Gio. Did u really expect him to be successful in each 3 competition we played in with that bench ?

And next year team wasn't the same team either . Evra, Morata and Pereyra were added to the team and each 3 helped us tremendously on CL run that year.

Especially Morata, who Alegri didn't play until mid season and suddenly turned our season by playing him from that point.

His only bad year at CL was his last. That's why people remember that more than anything.
And He has never had anything this good at his disposal

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He took a couple of shots at Allegri in that interview too lol. Said he thinks the suggestion that tactics/formations mean little in football is ludicrous and the notion that a manager should do as less damage as possible is BS.

Almost sounded like he’s auditioning for the role to coach us again.
No thank you.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
One game doesn't mean anything. In that game Marchisio played as a right winger.

How come Marchisio can play right winger the whole season?

His subs were fucking Giacherini, Padion, Isla, Peluso, Osvaldo and Gio. Did u really expect him to be successful in each 3 competition we played in with that bench ?

And next year team wasn't the same team either . Evra, Morata and Pereyra were added to the team and each 3 helped us tremendously on CL run that year.

Especially Morata, who Alegri didn't play until mid season and suddenly turned our season by playing him from that point.

His only bad year at CL was his last. That's why people remember that more than anything.
And He has never had anything this good at his disposal
I didn't say it had to be 4-3-3 exactly, but he NEVER tried anything else. I still have nightmares from the first game against Lyon in EL that year. They man-marked Pirlo and he let Bonucci send long balls all game long. Allegri didn't have wingers next year, didn't have attacking mids next year but made it work.

Give me a break, no one at the time thought those 3 guys were going to be game-changers. Many people never wanted Pereyra and Evra. And yeah he had Morata, but he lost Llorente who was shit that year while dominating for Conte the year before. And his Vidal was much worse because Conte played him while injured and Pogba and Pirlo both got injured mid-season for 2 months each.

Yeah he didn't have anything this good, he ran away from it. And I doubt it would've ever been this good with him knowing his character and patience. If he didn't give up that summer he would've done it next year when they sold Vidal.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He is way more mature as a coach right now. His stubbornness about sticking to just one formation isn't true at all. Changed Chelsea's formations numerous times until it clicked and they started destroying teams on their way.

His spell at Atzurri was amazing too. Made Spain his bitch with a below average squad.

And his training methods are fantastic. No more stupid muscle injuries and tiredness at 60th minutes.

I think you are both correct. He is tactically very strong. 4-3-3 at Juve and then 3-5-2. 3-4-3 was a very creative solution at Chelsea and then changed it in his second season.

He also has that one bad season with Juve in the CL/EL but thats more the exception than the norm. Italy stint was fantastic underdog performance in a huge cup competition. He also did very well with Chelsea in the CL and won the FA cup in his second season.

But at the same time, his second season shows everything llCapitano is talking about. Mourinho style of blaming others, throwing players under the bus and complaints about lack of signings and public displays of his disagreement with management. Contrast his attitude with Pochettino's when he got shafted in the transfer market. Conte's 50 Euros comment is up there with Mourinho's "My best ever achievement is finishing 2nd with this group of players" and is just as telling. His Chelsea tenure shows he is still the same in that regard.

So yeah he is a better coach than before.. he has tons more experience and in 2 different leagues and also in the national team, ofcourse he will grow. But the personality is toxic when he doesnt get what he wants from management.

I'd welcome him back only if management will back up him heavily. Otherwise we would be asking for his toxic side.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Conte is a liar with the claim he had a team on a completely different level than Allegri did. The latter takes over after the former throws a tantrum at the beginning of the pre-season, gets Morata, Pereyra and Evra and takes pretty much the same team to a CL final.

IMO Conte hasn't changed a bit. He's big headed, never admitted he made a mistake. Even though I don't want Allegri to stay, I hope Juve will keep on dinning without Conte.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Loser. Chelsea do no pay to dine in expensive restaurants - they own them. He has the same football mentality with 100 and 1 000 000 euro.
Chelsea's "Powerful lady boss" is one of the most incompetent directors out there. The only good player they bought for Conte was Kante. The rest were Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zapacosta, Alonso, etc.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I wouldnt have anything against this guy getting another shot here, but not at the expense of Allegri. If Max decides to take up on PSG offer, I dont see anyone more suitable than Conte to take over. But he is stubborn af and we have seen good and bad sides of him. No one is ideal I guess. He told a lot of bs in that interview as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 43)

• Oggy