Antonio Conte (26 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Conte can fix a mess, create a machine from scratch, but perhaps lacks that last little bit of experience/tactical nous to take it into the European elite... This will come with more experience and time.

Allegri has the tactical nous to take over a well-oiled machine and tweak it to perform even better... but he's absolutely clueless when the machine falls apart, or things get a little messy.
I thought he chickened out last time he sensed a mess. And in the most irresponsible manner.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If Conte was coaching this team right now we would have zero points
This would be our starting lineup

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

padoin - Sturaro - Marchisio - Pogba - evra

Zaza - Mandzukic

and it would never change as an FU to management for selling Pepe

Nov 17, 2012
if people were calling Austria Osterreich, those mistakes wouldnt happen
Ozzyreich?

Just playing, austrians are the refined classy Germans
Hapsburg Germans? :D

- - - Updated - - -

This would be our starting lineup

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

padoin - Sturaro - Marchisio - Pogba - evra

Zaza - Mandzukic

and it would never change as an FU to management for selling Pepe
Caceres at RB as soon as possible too. We need him and/or Licht back in the team as soon as humanly/safely as possible; those guys have the grinta and warrior mentality we're sorely missing with Vidal gone.. :( With those two out of the equasion the only guy who still fits the bill is Chiello, and he's seemingly losing his sense of good judgement on the pitch. As I read on here a day or two ago, he really has never seemed to be the same player who got injured in the 2012 Euro final; he just has never been the same since... :(

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I thought he chickened out last time he sensed a mess. And in the most irresponsible manner.
Very irresponsible of him to tell management he wants to quit at the end of the season because he doesn't feel motivated anymore.

Its very responsible of management on the other hand to tell a coach who just said he is burnt out to go think it over the summer and decide in pre-season if he still feels the same. Conte was irresponsible in saying he is burnt out and not continuing in the job when he didnt feel up for it. Management was responsible in convincing Conte to decide in pre-season. Makes sense.

Mar 10, 2009
Why do people want this guy back? If Allegri is as bad as people say he is on this forum, then just "hire a good manager" who is capable of doing something in the CL

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Right, it's Conte's fault the management convinced him to stay till pre-season when he wanted out in May.

- - - Updated - - -

Very irresponsible of him to tell management he wants to quit at the end of the season because he doesn't feel motivated anymore.

Its very responsible of management on the other hand to tell a coach who just said he is burnt out to go think it over the summer and decide in pre-season if he still feels the same. Conte was irresponsible in saying he is burnt out and not continuing in the job when he didnt feel up for it. Management was responsible in convincing Conte to decide in pre-season. Makes sense.
:tup: +REP

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Right, it's Conte's fault the management convinced him to stay till pre-season when he wanted out in May.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: +REP
If the man had a shred of decency he would either have quit in May definitively or honored the arrangement. He is like the the other guy you ask in advance to help moving, who says yes when asked but comes down sick an hoyr after he was supposed to meet up for the project.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yes, he obviously told them back in May/June that he wants to quit. they told him to stay and probably to see how the mercato goes. Iturbe was hot back then, we had Morata lined up, and it would give Conte something new to work with. however, i doubt the management was just hoping Conte will stay. they probably contacted a few coaches already and made a deal with Allegri that he will arrive if Conte leaves, and thats how it was. once the Iturbe signing failed (#fiuuuuu), Conte resigned and Allegri was announced in a few hours. it worked out perfectly and we shouldnt hold grudges against anyone involved there

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If the man had a shred of decency he would either have quit in May definitively or honored the arrangement. He is like the the other guy you ask in advance to help moving, who says yes when asked but comes down sick an hoyr after he was supposed to meet up for the project.
The arrangement is to think it over and decide later. I think its management's job to run the club not him. Should he have recruited his replacement too?

You are the CEO of a company and one of your senior managers tells you he will go. You give him a paid leave to think it over and decide when he comes back. He comes back and says he wants to go. The CEO had a replacement lined up just in case based on that agreement. Whats wrong with that?

Lol at that decency talk. He should have told Agnelli that the offer he has given him is bad for the club and that Agnelli should think about the good of the club and retract the offer. We expect Conte to do both his job and Agnelli's.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, he obviously told them back in May/June that he wants to quit. they told him to stay and probably to see how the mercato goes. Iturbe was hot back then, we had Morata lined up, and it would give Conte something new to work with. however, i doubt the management was just hoping Conte will stay. they probably contacted a few coaches already and made a deal with Allegri that he will arrive if Conte leaves, and thats how it was. once the Iturbe signing failed (#fiuuuuu), Conte resigned and Allegri was announced in a few hours. it worked out perfectly and we shouldnt hold grudges against anyone involved there
Thats what management said literally. They hoped he'd change his mind after a good break.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:howler:

He is not a teenage girl and he knows how to make decisions. He took the summer to think?

I imagine beach scenes from Seinfeld when I hear that bs.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
He tried to quit in May, they asked him to stay and think it over. Did you want him to continue as Juve coach without any sense of motivation, and disagreements with the board? I bet you would bitch anyways if he stayed and things didn't go well.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He tried to quit in May, they asked him to stay and think it over. Did you want him to continue as Juve coach without any sense of motivation, and disagreements with the board? I bet you would bitch anyways if he stayed and things didn't go well.
The management eanted him to stay, he obviously didnt. So he shouldve quit in May. Its so simple, jesus.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:howler:

He is not a teenage girl and he knows how to make decisions. He took the summer to think?

I imagine beach scenes from Seinfeld when I hear that bs.
After 3 intense seasons a man can feel burnt out of doing the same job yes it happens. A break allows you to let out some steam and think it over away from the intensity of the workplace.

And again giving this offer is Juve Management responsibility not Conte's. If it had backfired management takes the blame for giving him that offer not Conte.

If management offers Conte an outrageous salary and he accepts it then thats on them not on him. He is not going to do their job for them. I am really surprised you can't see the difference between their job as management of the club and him as a coach. They produce an offer and he accepts or rejects it. They are the ones running Juve not him. They make the offers. You are upset he accepted their offer?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
The management eanted him to stay, he obviously didnt. So he shouldve quit in May. Its so simple, jesus.
SO why don't you blame the management for not letting him go when he wanted? There nothing pleasing you. If Conte had resigned in May you would say "oh why didn't he wait till pre-season"

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What? I am pissed with the way he left, he shouldve stayed or just fucked off in May. Im sorry but I wont repeat myself again. Im not getting into what was offered, Im simply saying that if the offer isnt good enough in may, then it wont be good enough after the summer break. If the motivation isnt there after an abysmal chl run, then it certainly wont ve regained by relaxing a bit.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
SO why don't you blame the management for not letting him go when he wanted? There nothing pleasing you. If Conte had resigned in May you would say "oh why didn't he wait till pre-season"
No, im stating that I would have preferred it if he left in May, saying it would be the decent thing to do. Where the fuck do you get off telling me how I would react?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thats what management said literally. They hoped he'd change his mind after a good break.
yeah but they werent just sitting there doing nothing and waiting for Conte to make his decision. they must have had a plan for if Conte leaves. signing Allegri within the next day(s) confirms it basically

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Very irresponsible of him to do that to Juve, yes. He was not a big coach, he was a Conte, and he did run away when he sensed a mess so to call him a person who can fix a mess is absurd. Hats off to Allegri, he would have left Juve this summer after the management failed to get what he wanted if he had been as decent, responsible and grateful a guy as Conte is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)