Antonio Conte (231 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I rated the Conte signing a 4, as I knew that what this club was missing was grit and determination, something that Conte had in abundance. The only reason I didn't rate him a 5 was because he was an unknown quantity tactically and had never coached a big club.

Having seen him for 3 years, I think 4 is still a fair rating, seeing that he still falls short tactically, which is especially evident in Europe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
rather be that than a hatin' ingrate, it takes a special kind of small man to pull that off
Hating ingrate? ur stupid or what?. You want me to be happy about this? even after all what has happened?.

Conte practically alone is destroying all what he build with effort. The only idiot right now is him for, at the very least, not resigning earlier.

How the living hell can we be happy about this?. Im not even that mad at Conte TB honest.... im mad at the amount of blindfoolness and fanboyism from peeps like you.

Only a naive fool like you would think that this was a one way issue and that the board is all to blame for this. ONLY A NAIVE.

Jun 13, 2007
Obviously, we should all thank Conte for what he did. Whatever his reasons were for leaving really don't matter to me. He left. End of story. It was great while it lasted, but now it's time to look ahead and find the man who can lead this team in the right direction.

I believe the players learned a lot under Conte, and as long as we have leaders like Buffon and Pirlo on the team I wouldn't be worried about anything falling apart.

I know this is tough to take but it is what it is. This is a huge test for Agnelli, his decision now will decide the kind of path this team is going to take in the coming years. And I know many might not agree with me here, but I don't think Agnelli is an idiot. In fact, it comforts me that he's stubborn and has disagreements with Juventus legends. I don't want people pleasers running Juventus, I want people who know what they're doing and will stick to their guns even if it meant being an asshole in the eyes of many.

One last point, Conte did really well. In fact, in Italy, he did too well, and I think that fucked him. The Champions League is not attainable and we're very prone to fucking up again. Conte didn't want to be the idiot who's gonna get sacked in the high likelihood that he's gonna underachieve.

This is a new opportunity for us to take a new direction, and I'm all for it. We witnessed the the peak of Conte's Juve and I think we were close to seeing the trough of it. Now we have a chance to start again.

Forza Juve.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And all of them sold and will sell their best players season after season. Atletico already sold 3 of their best players, and did Simeone quit his job or threatened to leave? Also it's not Marotta's fault that Italy doesn't have as many talented player as Spain or Germany, also didn't we already signed one of the brightest prospects in Europe (Coman), and don't we own 3-4 hottest Italy's prospects?
Don't compare managing Borussia or Atletico to managing Juventus. The pressure to succeed is 50x greater here. All one has to do was look at all the bitching about even our QF knockout to Bayern 2 years ago. Or the endless complaining about our team not winning in a stylish enough manner. When you go manage Borussia or Atletico you go in knowing that your best players will be sold at a profit each year, but also that qualifying for UCL alone will be considered a success most years. At Juve you go in knowing that only a league title and a good UCL run will be considered a success.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Just how many coaches get all the players they want? That they can afford? Conte seems like a semi-reasonable guy and must know that this is about negotiations and best fit.

I'm not saying Marotta doesn't have a role of culpability here. But just how unpredictable can that guy be after three+ years of working with him from one day to another day six weeks later?
Something must have surely happened in these last few days . The rumors about iturbe , evra and morata being here before pre season starts and this week no news of them

Or maybe we got an offer for vidal which marotta thought is good enough to sell .

I don't think conte would put us in this kind of a mess knowingly .

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Obviously, we should all thank Conte for what he did. Whatever his reasons were for leaving really don't matter to me. He left. End of story. It was great while it lasted, but now it's time to look ahead and find the man who can lead this team in the right direction.

I believe the players learned a lot under Conte, and as long as we have leaders like Buffon and Pirlo on the team I wouldn't be worried about anything falling apart.

I know this is tough to take but it is what it is. This is a huge test for Agnelli, his decision now will decide the kind of path this team is going to take in the coming years. And I know many might not agree with me here, but I don't think Agnelli is an idiot. In fact, it comforts me that he's stubborn and has disagreements with Juventus legends. I don't want people pleasers running Juventus, I want people who know what they're doing and will stick to their guns even if it meant being an asshole in the eyes of many.

One last point, Conte did really well. In fact, in Italy, he did too well, and I think that fucked him. The Champions League is not attainable and we're very prone to fucking up again. Conte didn't want to be the idiot who's gonna get sacked in the high likelihood that he's gonna underachieve.

This is a new opportunity for us to take a new direction, and I'm all for it. We witnessed the the peak of Conte's Juve and I think we were close to seeing the trough of it. Now we have a chance to start again.

Forza Juve.
You're right...but it could be much better and without this fiasco now if he would left in May by the end of the season.not now In the middle of July.Mercato and start of trainings...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Hating ingrate? ur stupid or what?. You want me to be happy about this? even after all what has happened?.

Conte practically alone is destroying all what he build with effort. The only idiot right now is him for, at the very least, not resigning earlier.

How the living hell can we be happy about this?. Im not even that mad at Conte TB honest.... im mad at the amount of blindfoolness and fanboyism from peeps like you.

Only a naive fool like you would think that this was a one way issue and that the board is all to blame for this. ONLY A NAIVE.
i would answer you but doubt you have the mental ability to understand a simple rational argument, do not ever address me on this again, you are not worth my time.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:sergio:

Look in the mirror.

Can a mod please ban this troll.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But to be fair, Ranieri did better in Europe than Conte. That's kind of sad.
Ranieri did have Nedved and especially Del Piero, who were playing at a higher level then any of our current players, where the rest of the team was mostly minding their defensive duties.

Del Piero was downright amazing that year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 222)